Air plants

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

If anyone in Florida would be willing to send me some tillandsia and the larger "air plants" (look like bromeliads) I'd be a very happy person. For priority pstg. $$, of course. I don't have enough in my wreath to fill out the top, and the larger air plants I'd mount on something. I know, I know, I have been told they are nuisance plants, but here in the tundra zone I don't think that should be a concern as to overtaking the trees here. I practically salivated myself to death when we are in Mexico and I see all those hanging from the trees; both kinds. I have been tempted to wrap some up and try and get them back here in my luggage, but so far have not had the nerve to try it.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Anna,
When I was in Texas last year I brought home seeds in my suitcase and they were X-rayed so maybe you could carry home plants. Just a thought.
Bonnie

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Yeah, but this was Mexico...............I might end up in a Mexican jail with no laptop to keep in touch. LOLOL

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

I wouldn't try it from Mexico either.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Anna, plan your next vacation in south Florida - they grow in every tree and shrub there.

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Well, that's not likely to happen anytime soon. Which is why I'm looking for a nice person to box me up a bunch in a priority mail box. If anyone would do that I would even send you the postage money up front.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Post on the plant trading forum and see if you can find someone:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/planttrading/all/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.