My friend Sue's gardens in DeLand

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

I have mentioned sharing Sue's gardens in the past. Today was perfect for photos with the overcast skies. It is early in the season and it is amazing what she already has going on!

In two months the place will look completely different!

The German Black-eyed Susans are special with their strong hints of orange. Looking forward to seeds...

David

( These are front shots and she and her husband Lew only live a couple of blocks away. Lucky me! )

Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand
DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

These are side and back shots. What a collection of plants!

Her husband Lew built all the trellis', arbors, and created the pathways. They are a blessed and talented duo...

...and the roof of the gazebo is an old satellite dish!

Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand
DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Just a few more pics...

...that is the most unusual pink Poinsetta I have ever seen in my life, and am determined to be one of the first to share something special and get a cutting as it develops.......Ha!

David

Jacksonville, FL

Amazing David! That is such a peaceful looking haven.

Charlie

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Sue will be so happy to hear that Charlie!

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Absolutely Beautiful David!

You are so lucky to have such wonderful gardens/gardeners so close to you.

Shauna

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Thank you Shauna.

David

This message was edited Apr 23, 2013 5:47 AM

This message was edited Apr 24, 2013 3:56 PM

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

I get so inspired looking at these pics. One day I'll have an "organized" garden to show off!!! I'm in the "thrilled it grows and blooms" phase of FL gardening.
Still looking at the pile of plants I obtained over the weekend and wondering where, oh where, is it best to put them. Need to remember to pick up 2 trellis so I can give a couple vines a place to "start".

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Thank you Jean. Happy gardening!

David

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

I can see why you wanted to share Sue's garden with us, just spectacular. I love it. And that Poinsettia is fabulous. Love the way they re-purposed items into the garden, especially the satellite dish, got to show my DH that one.

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Wasn't that Poisettia something though...I've never seen anyone like it before. It will be a while before I get a cutting from that one. Ha!

I'm glad you took a tour and liked it Sherri. Thank you,

David

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.