Olympia Plant Swap, April 20, 2013

Kelso, WA

The annual spring swap meet is scheduled! Everyone is invited and anything related to gardening is tradeable, and if you can't find anything in your yard, chocolate is usually welcome. There are always "freebies" left over for those who don't have anything to trade - so come and look around anyway and maybe take home a prize you just can't live without.

Directions to the Olympia Spring Trade:
From north of Olympia, take I-5 to Exit 109. At the bottom of the ramp, turn right onto Martin Way, then immediately begin moving left into the left turn lane (either one). At the light, turn left onto College Street.

From south of Olympia, take I-5 Exit 109. At the bottom of the ramp, turn left onto Martin Way. Continue straight, go under the freeway, then move into the left turn lane. At the light, turn left onto College Street.

Follow College Street for approximately 3.6 miles (in the traffic circle, take 2nd exit) to the Yelm Highway (Safeway is on the left). Turn left onto the Yelm Highway.

On the Yelm Highway, get in the right lane. At the intersection with Ruddell Road, turn right onto Ruddell Road (Ruddell Road and Yelm Highway are the same road for a couple hundred feet here)

On Ruddell Road, bear left in the curve to continue on the Yelm Highway. If you pass the school on your right, you're on the right track. Continuing straight, pass the AmTrak station below and to your left. Continue straight to Spurgeon Creek Road (there's a gas station that keeps changing hands at the intersection. Currently, I believe it's a Texaco). Turn right onto Spurgeon Creek Road.

Follow Spurgeon Creek Road to 80th. Turn right onto 80th, and go up the hill past the Fire Station. The clubhouse is at the top of the hill, and there will be a sign there directing you to the ballfield, about a half-mile to the right.

The address for the clubhouse is 8005-1 Thrulake Circle SE, in Olympia. There will be no bathroom facilities available at the ballfield, and I'm having trouble getting the Association to reply to my e-mails asking them to open the clubhouse bathrooms for the trade, so plan on no bathroom facilites available.

We hope to see you all there,
BarbE-WA (for Bejoy2, the hostess)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.