Great nurseries in the Los Angeles area?

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

I'm heading down through L.A. in a few weeks and I thought maybe someone might know of a "great" nursery where I could acquire some agustache?
I'm working on my bee and butterfly garden and I just haven't had any luck with the agustache seeds. I would really like to start some plants post haste as my daughter is nailing bee hives together and I said I'd be in charge of "bee" plants. Every nursery I've seen it at has been the San Francisco area, come on L.A. I know there has to be some great nurseries there.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Depending on where exactly you're headed, I can recommend some nurseries that might carry Agastache, but they're not in L.A. proper.
There are several good nurseries in San Gabriel, Pasadena, and many in Orange County and some in the South Bay.
If you're headed south from Arroyo Grande, try Green Thumb International Nursery in Ventura. Their selection of annuals and perennials is much better than what you'd find in the "chain" nurseries.

(edited for spelling and location)

This message was edited Apr 10, 2013 6:54 AM

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

Jasper - I'm headed south through Santa Barbara, Calabasas, and then over to the 210 through Pasadena and down to Menefee which is on this side of the hill from Palm Springs. I'm going to the Southern CA round-up (plant trade) on the 27th. I'm really after Agastache, online it's like $9.00 for a 4" pot and then postage on top of that. I'd like several types and a 4" pot isn't going to cover much ground. Oh, by the way, I'm from Long Beach, I went to Jordan High School.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.