CLOSED: Froggie swap reveal!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Ladies, come on over and show us what you get from your partner!

This swap is for garden frogs... Please specify if you would like them real looking or whimsical.
Let's try to keep the cost to about $20.00, plus postage. Delivery confirmation number is now automatic when you mail flat rate. If you do not mail a flat rate package, make sure you get a deliver confirmation number so we can keep track of the boxes.
If there is anyone that has not participated in any of my swaps, please send me your mailing address and phone number.
I will take names till 30 MArch, and mail out date will be 27 April.

Let's start hopping!!!!

1. happgarden - Joyce... real or whimsical ^_^
2. ahoogstra - Alicia... real or whimsical ^_^
3. Deejay - Susie... real or whimsical ^_^
4. heavenscape - Jaye... real or whimsical ^_^
5. lanakila - Lanakila ... Whimsical ^_^
6. Depsi - Deb ... whimsical ^_^
7. warriorswisdomkathy... real or whimsical ^_^
8. Mud_Elf - Kris ... real or whimsical for outdoors ^_^
9. rose318 - Patti ... real or whimsical ^_^
10. GAgirl1066 - Paula ... prefer whimsical, ^_^
11. purpbutfly - Cindy ... real or whimsical ^_^
12. Bettypauze - Betty ... real or whimsical ^_^
13. rouxcrew - Joy ... real or whimsical ^_^
14. ridesredmule - Charleen ... real or whimsical ^_^
15. Robynznest - Robin ... real or whimsical ^_^
16. jsxtiger - Jax ... real or whimsical ^_^
17. Sundownr - Bev ... real or whimsical ^_^
18. CheerMom - Sue ... real or whimsical ^_^
19. FruitOfTheVine - Susan real or whimsical ^_^
20. legallyheidi - Heidi ... real or whimsical ^_^
21. jordankittyjo - Kathy... ^_^
22. Taters55 - Linda ... Real or whimsical ^_^

This message was edited May 6, 2013 10:34 PM

Thumbnail by taters55
Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Love the pix!!!! Where's his LONG ISLAND ICED TEA?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thank you, thank you very much......
for the move over

Here is one of the many froggies I received in previous years.. about 3 or 4 on back deck, they are sitting waiting patiently for a new 'froggie' friend to arrive

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

How about this frog?

Thumbnail by taters55
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Saving a seat by the pond.

This is my beautiful Frog birdbath from happgarden last year. Love it dearly.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

I went frog shopping this afternoon and found several I just love. So much fun....

Blackshear, GA

Aw, susan. I love the birdbath!!!

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Lovin' all the froggie pics!

Soosz, I also loved that birdbath and wanted to make something similar, but forgot where I saw it. Thanks for posting the pic!

Go for it, Bev! What materials were you going to use? I know yours will come out great.

Most of you know my love of glass. I brought this beauty in over the Winter and stored it in our garage. When it came last year, I sprayed several coats of sealer since I've used glass paint on other projects and didn't want to risk this one peeling or fading prematurely. You've probably done the same thing, Betty, and know what I mean. So far it's holding up really well and is almost time to put it on display again.

Time to go shop hopping myself, Char.

I have frogs here.. just have to find the box I packed them in.. LOL

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

I've found the one I want to send...

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Sooz,
I make toad houses, many with with toad pools (see pic), and noticed the many insects using the pools as a watering holes. In researching butterfly gardens, shallow dish feeders and watering stations made from recycled plates are suggested so the insects don't drown. I want to make a few upcycled thrift store dishes to place in the yard to compliment the pollinator hedge I'm planning.

Pic: Toadville pool vistitor

Thumbnail by Sundownr

Love your dish Bev!

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Gee I Hope Bev is my Partner I could use a few Toad Houses around here , hehe
My Neighbor Makes Huge Cement Frogs I Have two of them in my Yard or garden's you cannot tote them just anywhere without using a forklift He has one & Moves them for me .

well off to get Laundry done today back later

I have a handtruck I use to move one of my frogs.
Love the little frog/insect watering hole too!!!!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I have little plates all over for the bugs, the little hoppers love them, I'll have to get a pic of my Houses. I know that I have a big hopper that lives in one of them during the season. I have to remember to carry my camera when I'm out there, I miss all the good shots.

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Do frogs live in houses? I honestly don't know. I cater to the toads and goldfish in the backyard. The toads visit, but rarely stay long in the houses. My toadal housing development is now a glorified miniature garden that "I" enjoy, lol.

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

The toads come for the pools to soak in at dusk. I've only gotten a few pics of them, too.

Victoria Harbour, ON

how artistic..be fun watching froggies come in!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Bev, yes they do. I had a tree frog live in my decorative birdhouse that I kept on the front porch, He was there for 3 summer. I wish I could have gotten the pics off the old computer before it bit the dust. He was a gray color so I didn't know what kind he was. Sent the pic into the Conservation Dept and they told me it was a Gray Tree frog native to the area. They had never seen one living in a birdhouse before.

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

I ordered mine...it is supposed to be delivered between 04/05 and 04/20. Nice date range, huh?

This message was edited Apr 9, 2013 5:55 PM

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Hi.... I got MY Froggies in the mail today. Thankyou Susie!!!!! Hey the pix thing... there's no button, crud....lol.

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Robin, I better check the few decorative birdhouses I have at ground level, too! I suspect bugs live in them tho. We like watching the wild critters play and forage in the yard, so it doesn't take much to excite us, lol.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Ok...will try this again. Thankyou soo much Susie.. :) I got a Foggie birdbath, the froggie is laying on a hammock, but the string that holds him up needs to be fixed,. I'll get to that tomorrow after I find my twine.
A Froggie shaped watering can
A Froggie windchime
3 Froggie hotpads, lol, susie, how did you know I was cussing last week when I needed a hot pad and didn't have anything but a towel...
2 other little posing froggies that I can tuck in and around groundcovers
3 flexable vases with hydrating gels.

And Susie, your note said something about seeds being included, or did I read that correctly? Cuz I didn't find any, just wanna make sure...lol. Thanks and HUGS!!!

Just a quick note, my Froggie bought today but will take me a few days to get to the P.O.
Gosh I just looked, am I the first? Yeah!!!! LOL.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Oh cool!!! Love the froggy goodies you got! Susie set the bar high to start this off!!
I better get busy shopping!

Seeds should be there today Sorry about that :) thought they would have been there same day . Keep watch if not let me know . guess i wrapped Lazy Frog to tight sorry
You might need the watering can with all those plants :) when they get bigger :) & then Little vases when they can be cut & displayed :) well Zoey will be here soon for the day so guess i better get off here ya all have a great day

Susie, you sent a wonderful package of froggies, Love all that you sent!

Victoria Harbour, ON

great treasures you've received..
I am going to Buffalo on Saturday morning so will post my froggie then..

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Susie...package had been banged up a bit, but everything came through just great but the string got broken..go figure....lol.

Blackshear, GA

Woo hoo...I second. I received my package today and got the cutest little frogs!! I got two wind chimes and the cutest bouncy frog, and two adorable ceramic frogs. One broke his foot on the way here, but nothing a little glue won't fix. Thank you ahoogsta, I just love them. Hope to get mine mailed no later than Monday!

Blackshear, GA

I don;t know why I can't remember to attach the picture.

Thumbnail by GAgirl1066

Love those froggies! Nice job Alicia!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Froggies are just a hopping to their new pad...too cute!

Nice froggies landing. Especially love the hot pads.. did Susie make those??

yup not a very good semtress at all :(

Cutlerville, MI

Nice frogs SusieQ! I'm glad you are happy kathy! and...GAGirl...I'm so glad you like your little guys, so sorry that the little foot broke!
Everyone have a wonderful day!

Crazy glue is a wonderful invention. Especially the jel. i want to get a coup more little things for my package then off it goes!!!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Great presents already received wowzer!!! You all are fast. Frog watering can is a riot and that froggie bath is too cute!
GAgirl your frogs have the cutest smiles I just love those smiles.
Great start on the pressies.
Wow there are alot of participants on this swap......

I have coupons on hand, I am excited cause I just got a 20% off yesterday and it is good for full price or clearance so I am glad I didn't shop too early!
So hunting for frogs I will go tonight! rofl.

Victoria Harbour, ON

My mom changed her mind about going to Buffalo tomorrow so will be at the post office later today and mail my package out ..

Mine are hopping to their new home :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.