Spring Blooms

San Tan Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Spring Blooms

Thumbnail by QCHammy Thumbnail by QCHammy Thumbnail by QCHammy Thumbnail by QCHammy Thumbnail by QCHammy

A couple more.

Thumbnail by QCHammy Thumbnail by QCHammy
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I especially like the one of the snaps and pansies! Great color in all.

Phoenix, AZ

Beautiful! Thank you I needed that :)

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

♥ very pretty ♥

Mesa, AZ

Gorgeous! thanks for sharing!

Litchfield Park, AZ

Too bad we can't post videos. We could make them snap dragons talk. :-)

Mesa, AZ

One never knows what a snap dragon may say......

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

How gorgeous!♥

Please feel free to post your own if you have any.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Pretty! ♥

Tucson, AZ

I love the color and plant combinations!

this is the border of my vegetable garden. As you can see the lettuce kind of took over because it went to seed last summer but I left it because I though it mixed well with the flowers.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Sping has sprung..

Thumbnail by Lyle627 Thumbnail by Lyle627 Thumbnail by Lyle627 Thumbnail by Lyle627 Thumbnail by Lyle627
Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Iris; Climbing America rose; mini roses; Blue Moon rose; Blue salvia, Salvia nemorosa

Thumbnail by frogymon Thumbnail by frogymon Thumbnail by frogymon Thumbnail by frogymon Thumbnail by frogymon
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Nice frogy! Lyle I could just sit in your yard all day long.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks Kelly! I wish, i could sit in my yard all day long...lol

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I'll just join Kelly, and we'll sit ogling your yard

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

My chairs are usually full of petunias, but the bench is always available.

Thumbnail by Lyle627 Thumbnail by Lyle627
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

♥ ♥ ♥

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Thanks for sharing, I have no pretty flowers this year. The gofer/mole or whatever has done taken everything, even my canna lilies are gone. And my hoop house is too full of peppers and tomatoes to have much else, but I'm envisioning another hoop house going in....

Pam

Litchfield Park, AZ

Your garden is beautiful Lyle.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I wonder how the gopher would do with some poisonous plants...

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Red Lion amaryllis blooming for the 1st time since it went out on the porch 2 years ago.

Thumbnail by frogymon
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the comments!

Frogymom - very nice Amaryllis bloom!

I have a few blooms, the first bloom is a garden gift plant from Marie (Desertdenial5) I think she said it was a clematis, not sure”, the second photo is a 2 year old climbing rose, and the 3rd is a shot of my garden as of this morning, the last photo was May 2012

I am getting ready for our annual daylily garden tour and this year will be special since it will be The American Hemerocallis Society Region 7 meeting in Phoenix Arizona, AHS Region 7 is represented by Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada. This year Phoenix will have 4 daylily gardens on display, the tour will be Saturday May 25, 2013 and Banquet will be held at the Embassy Suites Phoenix – Biltmore – Guest speaker will be Ludlow Lambertson of Art Gallery Gardens in Florida..Also our Friday night mixer will include Historian, Hybridizer from Tennessee Lee Pickles along with Nor Cal hybridizer Jeff Corbett.

I hope anyone interested, will try to attend.

Thumbnail by Lyle627 Thumbnail by Lyle627 Thumbnail by Lyle627 Thumbnail by Lyle627
Mesa, AZ

Gorgeous!

Phoenix, AZ

Lyle, I took all the Wave petunias I had in pots from this Fall and plopped them in the ground. Hoping they do as well as yours :) They never make it in pots once the heat really kicks in.
Every time I see your fabulous brick work it makes me want to do it too...sigh

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

When planting Wave petunias in the garden, remember they can become evasive, and will need to be thinned out each spring. I will dig all of my beds this spring at which time I may need to use Preen.

The wave Petunias in the pots are replaced with vinca in the summer, the petunias reseed and always come back in the spring.

At the time of these photos, the Wave Petunias have been in these pots for about 3 or 4 years without replanting.

Thumbnail by Lyle627 Thumbnail by Lyle627 Thumbnail by Lyle627 Thumbnail by Lyle627
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

No daylilies yet but I have scapes on American Flyer. Here's what's blooming. Sweet Potato Vines, Mini Rose Spreading Ground Cover, Penstemon "Margarita BOP", Cat's Claw
Vine just starting to bloom, Joey Paws.

Thumbnail by CheerMom Thumbnail by CheerMom Thumbnail by CheerMom Thumbnail by CheerMom Thumbnail by CheerMom
Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Canna and Siberian Iris

Thumbnail by frogymon Thumbnail by frogymon
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Lilly & amaryllis

Thumbnail by Desertdenial5
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

my spring blooms

Thumbnail by allgr8dogs Thumbnail by allgr8dogs Thumbnail by allgr8dogs Thumbnail by allgr8dogs Thumbnail by allgr8dogs
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

and these volunteers, another Datura shot, and last year's Wave petunias

Thumbnail by allgr8dogs Thumbnail by allgr8dogs Thumbnail by allgr8dogs
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Clematis growing into a Trident maple

Thumbnail by Desertdenial5
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Oh my gosh allgr8dogs what is pic #3 an #5 from the first post - do you have names? Have you ever had any success starting cuttings?

Sue G

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Hi Sue,
no - these are NOID miniature rose bushes that my DH gave me, and he got them from Trader Joe's. Every time he gave me one I planted it in this front flower bed. Starting from the yellow rose on the end (doesn't show up in group shot) I started planting them about 10 years ago. I've never tried starting any cuttings, but you're welcome to take some cuttings to try.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

What great flowers everybody has.
These are some of mine n: robinia, wild flowers, the alley under the pergola , sunflower,
bachelor buttons.

Thumbnail by RODICAP Thumbnail by RODICAP Thumbnail by RODICAP Thumbnail by RODICAP Thumbnail by RODICAP
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Very dark, velvety and grape soda smelling snapdragon, ckarkia, several amaryllis

Thumbnail by RODICAP Thumbnail by RODICAP Thumbnail by RODICAP Thumbnail by RODICAP Thumbnail by RODICAP
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Double amaryllis, clematis texenis, clematis jackmanii, a new rose , the same rose.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

We do have awesome flowers, and it's so nice to see what we're all growing. Here are some more pics
Datura wrightii (the seeds I had at the swap are from this plant), one of my favorite echevarrias, a grapto in bloom, and a NOID unidentified succulent in bloom.

Thumbnail by allgr8dogs Thumbnail by allgr8dogs Thumbnail by allgr8dogs Thumbnail by allgr8dogs

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.