Need help deciding what to use in my beds

Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

Need help filling my beds. The house faces East, so we get morning sun, but also have large trees. The right side of the house (when looking to the picture) gets a decent amount of sun. The lsrge bushes st the back of the beds are staying. On the right, they are red tip photinas. On the left, they are a different bush, but look very similar. I plan to put Aztec grass around the edges. At this point, there are 4 Louisiana Iris at the front of the left bed and mid way up on the right. There is a crepe myrtle on the back corner of the left bed and I am considering putting a dwarf one on the right for symmetry.

I would like evergreens. Flowering items would be nice, but a variety of shades of green and textures work also. Low maintenance would be preferred.

Any suggestions regarding what to plant and placement/design would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sheila

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!