Im a turtle, im a turtle

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Almost caused a pile up on the road yesterday, but saved this guy. I dont know why he was crossing in the middle of the day, but I moved things along. I was so relieved when I picked it up and it didnt turn around to bite me. Its a pretty big one, loved that look he is giving me.

Thumbnail by gardenglory
Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Looks like a yellow bellied slider. Its nice to see people still stop to help animals cross the road, instead of running them over.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

He is gorgeous! Bless you for rescuing him! :-)

Flagler Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

gardenglory, My DH does it all the time. I couldn't count the times we've stopped to rescue turtles crossing the roads around where we live. All the building that was going on, they were being chased out of their natural habitat. The only turtles that are protected are the gopher turtles. So sad for the wild life, but with people like you and my DH, they're lucky if you can save them from harms way. Good Job!!!!

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

That is a great Eastern Painted Box Turtle (Tortoise) picture gardenglory! His shell looks perfect. So glad you saved him!

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

When gopher tortoises have to be removed from land that gov. entities are going to build on they pay $300. per gopher to a ranch down in Baylake for letting them move them there. Guess he has a contract with county or state. Can't say I can see that expence when our state parks will gladly take them. When I worked at dist. office for state parks we had them around all the time and no one ever harmed them.
Bonnie

Port Richey, FL(Zone 9a)

Aww, that was nice! Thanks for helping him out, that's awesome! I always stop too :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.