NE Pets Forum #26

Thomaston, CT

Thanks.....I made a comfort call at 9 last night, & the tech said she ate the rest of the chicken.....hoping I can bring her home today!

Thomaston, CT

Suey's vet just called....she's eating & bright-eyed......can come home this afternoon!

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

That is good news!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

good to hear

South Hamilton, MA

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Hooray!!

Thomaston, CT

Suey's home, but not 100%.....she needs to be on a prescription diet for at least a month....hope she eats it. She's still weak, snoozing, but that's the best for her right now.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

this is awesome
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50147264n

Made me cry (with happiness).

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Me too!

Thomaston, CT

Terriers are tough dogs!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Love the terrier rescue story!

Thomaston, CT

Suey had a very good day yesterday.....she's bouncing back.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Yippee!!!!!

Good News.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Glad to hear Suey has turned a corner.

South Hamilton, MA

good for her.

Thomaston, CT

Thanks friends....hard to face something like this alone, although I must say, my brother & sister have been very supportive.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

hugs hugs hugs

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Your such a good Mom!!

Thomaston, CT

Suey is back in the hospital with a high temp.....this is at her regular vet's....they think it's an infection, her cancer doctor feels it pancreatitis.....hoping to pick her up later today or tomorrow.

Poor Suey. {{{{Marilyn}}}}

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

poor pooch :(

South Hamilton, MA

poor you.

Thomaston, CT

Vet said temp is back to normal, & she ate the food they gave her...will keep her at the hospital til tomorrow...hope whatever it is, resolves itself quickly! She's missed chemo for 3 weeks, have to get her back on schedule....

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

She's a fighter!

I had Abby my bulldog to the vet today with all intentions of it being her last...been contemplating it for while now and the last few days with the heat were so hard on her I didn't want her to be suffering this summer. Benadryl and steroids are just not cutting it anymore for her allergies and chronic yeasty ears and backside and not being able to breath with all the congestion and mucus. She is just a mess, hard on her and me. I was hoping maybe, just maybe, there was something more I could do and it be affordable. Last thing was a med for $165 a month.

I just couldn't get over the guilt that I wasn't doing the best for her, felt like I was giving up. I must say my vet is the best ever, so caring and compassionate. She offered to giver her a medrol shot and free antibiotics for her skin infection to see if it helps. She said a lot of dogs do well on the shot every month or so and it will only be about $50 dollars, may be enough to help her through the summer...I know I may just be buying some time but if we can have the summer that would be great.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

will pray for the best for Abby.. poor baby.. hope that shot helps!!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Thank you.

South Hamilton, MA

hope that she does well, hard to make decisions when they can't tell you how they feel.

Thomaston, CT

Oh, no, Ronnie....hard decision...hope Abby will do better with the shots.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Glad Suey is bouncing back again, she IS a fighter!!
Oh Ronnie, im sorry. I hope the shots work and you get another year or two. I am now watching Terra, my old girl. She is the last of the litter we had....she's Jake's & Tia's DD , I watched her birth. Tomorrow she turns 12. ^_^

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Thomaston, CT

She's a pretty girl......not easy seeing them go....

Thomaston, CT

Latest update from my vet...found a urinary tract infection in Suey...hopefully this is what was causing the high fevers! Even though she's been on antibiotics since yesterday, he now has her on a specific ab for UTI.....I feel a little more hopeful....

South Hamilton, MA

Good for him.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Aww Terra reminds me of my Sabrina with that gray face.

Glad Suey is doing better, antibiotics worked quick when Abby had her UTI. It is hard when they can't tell us what's wrong.

Shot is already kicking in for Abby, she is eating like crazy. I had her on a pretty strict diet for the allergies and vet told me not to bother, really wouldn't make a difference for her. She is now going to enjoy whatever she wants. Tonight she had a few fries and a small piece of pizza!
Winston was looking like WTH is going on?, me and Harper don't get junk food. They did get a few bites of pizza and a fry or two!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Glad the vet found it Robin.

Hee hee hee Ronnie! I know that look!! The "How she gets it but I don't? "

Thomaston, CT

Oh, yeah....the airedale always thought he was getting short-changed!

Thomaston, CT

Quick update on Suey...temp back to normal, being released from hospital tomorrow, but ultrasound has to be done tomorrow or Thursday.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Good news. Glad to hear it.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Good luck with the ultasound.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.