NE Pets Forum #26

Durhamville, NY(Zone 5b)

It's time for a new thread. we came from here.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1292939/

This is Bear from last fall. I didn't want to put up a snow picture moving into spring. I'm sick of snow.

Thumbnail by Doug9345
Thomaston, CT

He looks content....I, too, need something more uplifting than snow!

Thomaston, CT

Just found a dog food recall for salmonella....Evo, Innova, Calif. Natural.....There was a 4th also by the same company........

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I subscribe to all FDA email alerts....not just pet food, but medicines too.
https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USFDA/subscriber/new?topic_id=USFDA_49

Thomaston, CT

Good idea!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks for that link Celeste!

Durhamville, NY(Zone 5b)

Good morning everyone. I wanted to let people here on the pet thread know that the house I lived at burned Saturday night. Bear and two of three cats are accounted for and are safe The third cat.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=9221790
I haven't seen since the fire, but there is still some hope as he was living on his own outdoors when we got him. He has a heavy coat and knows how to hunt. Bear is with me at a friends house and the two cats are at another friends place. Harry settled right in, Sweetie Pie is hiding under furniture and my friends cat hates me now. She's less that a year ols and all of a sudden she went from being the only cat to having two cats more in and she met the dog.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

So sorry to hear that Doug but glad you and the pets are safe. Hopefully Midnight will show up.

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

So sorry to hear about the house. Can you put out and watch a have-a-heart trap for the missing cat? If you can afford it, adding some vertical space (tall cat condos and trees) to your friend's house will help ease the situation for the resident cat and yours. Sometimes cat trees and condos are available on Freecycle - you could try there first.

Is there some way we can help?

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Oh no! Sorry to hear that, glad you're ok. Anyway we can help let us know

Thomaston, CT

So happy that you & your pets are safe, Doug.....can the house be rebuilt?

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Oh Doug so sorry to hear that but glad you and the pets are safe! Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. (((♥)))

Doug - Just thought to remind you to call the Vets around your old house in case anyone picked up your cat and took it in for medical help. Also make posters and put them up in front of the house and where ever you can in the neighborhood. Check for local cat rescues and let them know about your cat in case they get a call about it, and Animal Control.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh wow how terrible.. so sorry to hear it.. hope you find the missing baby

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh Doug! I am so sorry about the fire and loss of your cat. Glad your friends are able to help. Please keep us informed.

Thomaston, CT

I have a Friday appt. with an oncologist to try to decide if I should treat Suey's glandular cancer. Today I went to the feed store...the owner is a nutritionist....he gave me the name of some supplements that might help her immune system. Went to the health food store & bought them......need to feel I'm doing something.

South Hamilton, MA

Very sorry about the house, missing cat &pet illness.

Pets are lovely but are a responsibility. Houses are lovely also. I hope that it can be rebuilt.

Marilyn - Did you look for a Yahoo Group on the particular cancer in dogs? I have found the cat groups to be extremely helpful. Hugs to you an Suey.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Keeping Suey and you close in my heart Marilyn and hoping for the best.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

praying for Suey.. hope for all the best

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

prayers for Suey.
DS was playing with a fishing toy with Mona. she's more agile than she looks, lol. Salem is now at the basement door yowling for him.

Thomaston, CT

Thanks, friends, for your prayers & concerns.....I just walk around with a big lump in my throat. Memory, I didn't check for support groups, just info on her type of cancer, which is just what the vet told me. I'll know more after Friday's consult.

Thumbnail by ROBINDOG

{{{hugs}}}

Thomaston, CT

Thanks......the pain meds have made Suey more like her old self....plus I'm giving her 3 different supplements.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

hoping things go well for Suey. glad the meds are working.

Thomaston, CT

Thanks, Jumper.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

It's nice to know Suey is comfortable.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Glad Suey is feeling better!

Thomaston, CT

Just brought Suey home from her 1st chemo treatment....she will have them once a week for 19 weeks....the hospital is about 50 min. from me, but the traffic is horrible in that area......the vets said she would probably get a year, although some dogs live 2, & about 10% live 3......of course I'm hoping for the 3.....she's never been sick, she's strong....I'm praying.......

South Hamilton, MA

RD I'm sorry that the traffic is so difficult.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

I am wishing for Marilyn and Suey that the ride will become a nice time together.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

enjoy your time together RD.. praying for the best

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Ditto, prayers being sent for you both.

Thomaston, CT

Thanks.....Suey has to be at the hospital for 4 hours every Friday afternoon......I'm looking for parks & bird watching areas nearby where I can go in good weather....guess I can find a library or mall when the weather's bad......

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Or a GH/nursery near by? :)

Thomaston, CT

Oh yeah.....must search for those!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Yes, please tell us what attractions you find on your outings, Robin. What city is the hospital near?

Thomaston, CT

It's nearest to Middletown where I studied for my Master's....however, that was a century ago. One of the cancer hospitals is in Windsor where Louise will be, but that's farther away from me.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Harper and Winston enjoying the warm day!

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I know it's play.. and I am sure they were having a blast.. but look so mean!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.