Food for spring

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

french dip from Charlie Browns .. ankles are hurting from weeding.. I am done for today

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

smoked beef brisket

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

You made my day, RD even if I couldn't taste them for real. Love meat loaf

Thomaston, CT

Thanks....tonight it's leftover pizza....

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Sloppy joes, pirogies, breaded shrimp and ff...tough when everyone likes something different...

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

meatballs and mushroom gravy over rice.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Fish and chips

Tonight leftover pasta

Thomaston, CT

Brought my Mom a pizza for lunch....she couldn't chew it even after I cut it in small bits....she was afraid to swallow....looks like she has to have pureed foods now....she did eat the meatloaf on Sunday, but I mashed it up.....her aide says she will only eat soup & egg salad, so I'm wondering if it's the dementia......

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

:(

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

I hope not Marilyn...my DILs step dad had to be admitted to the psyche ward last week, he had her mom pinned down on the couch trying to hit her, she got away long enough to call the cops. He has had to be extremely sedated it took four guys to hold him down a couple of times. He won't be coming home now and she is looking for a nursing home...so sad to see such a once vibrant intelligent man turn into this. He's only 67 and doesn't know who anyone is until about an hour after you are with him.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

how horrible

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

geez

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Thats so sad. :(

Thomaston, CT

Dementia is such a terrible disease.....it robs a person of everything they are......

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

and the family.. grilled cheese & ham tonight.. lazy

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Leftovers tonight

Sorry to hear, Marilyn

That must have been scary, luvs!

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

Chicken paprikash

Thomaston, CT

That sounds yummy.....our church is having a gourmet pasta dinner....guess I'll be surprised tonight.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Heehee, we are having hotdogs and a movie night at church. Forgot about it, so the chicken I took out to thaw will be made tomorrow.

Thomaston, CT

Went to lunch with the retired teachers today...there were a dozen of us....the specials' board was at the opposite end....thought one special said hamburger & salad....ordered it...nope, it was a "hamburger salad". Not the best idea someone had!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Ewww. Doesn't sound appetizing. However I like taco salad.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yeah that's kind of odd.. always stay away from specials.. it's what they have to much of and have to get rid of .. could be expiring soon

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Oh, no doesn't work like that at our favorite German restaurant, the specials are where they put their biggest effort, I'm still waiting for the them to post special on their menu again of the most AWESOME pork roast marinated all day...gosh it was the BEST

Thomaston, CT

This restaurant is really good about serving fresh food....I think it was creativity gone wrong! Can hardly wait to get to my fav German restaurant in a few weeks...usually order pork schnitzel.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

This German restaurant has a different schnitzel every day, the best I had was one with an apple onion sauce....oh man....so good!!!

Thomaston, CT

Yum!

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

I made Swedish meatballs with mushroom gravy. DW made her excellent potato salad.

The mention of schnitzel (mit spaetzel noodles) reminded me that in my misguided youth, I once invented MinestroneSchnitzel. Put condensed Minestrone soup on top of a veal cutlet. Addition of a fried egg – optional.

Thomaston, CT

And how did it taste?

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

love Swedish meatballs!!

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

Robin:
To a starving college student (which I was at the time) it was exotic. My tastes have refined a bit since then.

Thomaston, CT

LOL.....yeah....mine, too. Lived on grilled cheese sandwiches in college....

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

sushi, lobster dip w/crackers, tuna mac salad, watermelon, pineapple, and peanut butter cookies
it was close to 80 today, so a light cool dinner

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Grilled Bison filets

Thomaston, CT

Both of you have such interesting things on the menu! I made beef noodle soup, will have that when I get home from the dog hospital......

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Salmon grilled, corn on the cob, french bread and FIDDLEHEADS!!!!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Must be SPRING in Maine!!!

Thomaston, CT

Are the ramps out yet?

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

I had steelhead trout for the first time this week, very similar to salmon

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Used to eat ramps in W VA. Ramp festivals yum!!!!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

meatloaf tonight

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.