Happy St. Patricks Day everyone!

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

I was just out working and snapped this pic' for today. it seemed appropriate...( The tall stick to the right isn't a telephone pole, but a really, really tall old Sable Palm near the driveway )

David

Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand
Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

I just love corned beef and cabbage, making the most of it ;-).

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Send some to those Gators!

I wish good Corned Beef wasn't so expensive these days...

I am off from gardening from here forward today,... and the Cabbage is in the pot!

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

I bought 5 corned beefs this week while they were on sale. I wish cabbage froze, as it was only .29 a pound. At least it holds a little while in the fridge. I eat cabbage and a sweet potato for lunch at least 4 or 5 days a week. I dont know what set me on that binge, but it could be worse. It could be my coke binge.

Ive let my spray and grow sit for 20 minutes, so Im off to spray and make my plants happy campers.

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Fresh cabbage can be frozen with perfection GG. It just needs to be blanched quickly in boiling water, drained, and then put in freezer bags. It works! I have been doing it for years, and they don't re-cook mushy at all, and still taste fresh!

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Well thats great news. Ive never had any green frozen that I like. Im darn sure going to give it a try tho. Do you 1/4 it and blanch it. Do you think I could cut it, let each side fry a minute in bacon grease and then freeze it. No no, that wouldnt work, I could do that but let it steam just a minute and then freeze it. I love the texture of all the different layers of cabbage, so I never chop mine or cut it up much before cooking.

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

I made stuffed cabbage last week & have a load in the freezer. I also LOVE cabbage but DH, not so much. I plan to plant some in the fall.

I changed clothes 3X today & found a green shirt to wear each time. Green jammies tonite!!!!!

I did not take the day off but pulled weeds & got a pathway in. Not perfect but it will suffice till I get nicer pavers. Just needed something if we are really going to get all the rain they are calling for this week.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

I love cabbage also and have frozen it many times after I cooked it. Then whatever is left gets frozen. My fav. vegie is broccoli. I eat it raw, in a cheese casserole or stemed or just any old way.
Glad you all are getting your gardens in shape for the summer. After I make a cornice tomorrow I will be able to hit mine hopefully.
Got pond filters that need washing first. Got to keep the fish happy and clean.

Bonnie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.