Canna problem

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

apparently all of my green leaved cannas have mosaic virus. they all have the yellowish streaks and some have weird brown scab kind of things.

i understand this is bad and needs to be eliminated to help prevent the spread of the virus, but how do you "destroy"?
does that mean burn?

thanks
PS: sorry for not having pics. if i could upload them, you would see them :)

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

This is another one of those problems I have not experienced yet CZP. I looked and wish I had an answer. But now that you brought it to my attention, I will research it and learn about it just in case it appears here...

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

thanks David, i tried looking for some more info but i can't really find anything.

it looks like it is an international problem in the canna industry and some people sound very upset about it. my cannas were just fine last year. literally no one on my street has them (surprising right), so i don't know what to think now.

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

i found a picture online that looks almost exactly like my problem

oh and this website! http://www.donnan.com/cannas.htm
it does say to burn them, so away i go lighting the flame - i guess!

This message was edited Mar 16, 2013 12:54 PM

Thumbnail by coastalzonepush
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

I only have one so I am not help either

David thanks for the link

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

That pic looks like white fly desease. When I had cannas they always had it and I sprayed and sprayed until I finally dug them all up and gave them away. They have so much water inside of them the bugs just love them.

They are hard to get rid of. I noticed some shoots coming up again from them. Oh well I'll leave them alone if the bugs leave them alone.

I'm in the country but we are not allowed to burn due to no rain so I put them in trash cans and my garbage men pick them up and they go into the digester and then onto dump.

Not surprised no one on your street has them. Mine were a pain.

Bonnie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.