Help with Medjool Date Diamond Cut

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi guys... I have a Medjool Date that I'd had planted a few years ago and it was never trimmed (as the trunk was only about 3-4 ft tall at the time). It's now about 6ft tall (before the fronds of course) and I'd like to see about triing the lower portion of the trunk in the diamond cut fashion. I checked into having it done, but it was kinda pricey and I tend to be a DIY person. After googling some tips and searching for videos, I'm at a loss. I wasn't able to find much information about trimming a planted Medjool in this fasion. Does anyone have any tips/videos that make it simple enough for a kid to understand? ;) Any help is greatly appreciated!

Rawalpindi, Pakistan(Zone 9a)

Go to articles in Guides and information at the top. When you reached the articles main page enter into search "palms". A list of articles will show up mostly written by PalmBob. You will find all that reading interesting and at least you will find answers to a lot of your questions. Plus for one kid it will be an adventure full of knowledge about palms.
Regards.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.