PA Garden Show of York March 1st-3rd

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

With a new look and a new theme the York show opened, from the plant judging to the largest garden displays the Nature's Harmony Theme was evident.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

Looks like a great show. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Over the years this show has grown to more than a big ad for local landscape business and vendors. There are themes for the young and old alike. With the Candy Lane display, puppet theater, and hands on children's projects they are cultivating a whole new generation of gardeners. Many of the vendors are garden related. Various garden clubs from the area participate in the show. This is a national award winning Standard, or Judged, flower show presented according to GCFP guidelines and criteria.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Just a few more:

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Many of the garden creators sell the plants at wholesale prices after the show. We've been shopping there for a few years now. Here's this years haul.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

5 new hellebores, 2 Anthuriums, 4 Heathers, a large leaf gold Euonymus, 2 hardy pitcher plants, and a I don't remember what it's called shrub with dark red folage. LOL Ric

I finally got a name. Leucothoe is a genus of about 50 species of flowering plants in the family Ericaceae, native to Asia, the Americas and Madagascar. They are shrubs growing to 1-3 m tall, either deciduous or evergreen depending on species. Wikipedia

This message was edited Mar 4, 2013 6:48 PM

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Thanks for taking and posting all those great pictures and sharing with us!!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I'll just add the Md. Garden Show here rather than start a new thread. My comments should be brief and I didn't take a lot of pics.
This show runs on two consecutive weekends, this year being March 1-3 and 8-10. On the 2nd weekend they also host the Md. Orchid Society show and sale, and a large craft show and sale. It is held at the Timmonium Fairgrounds, parking is free and admission was $12. Definitely a deal for a day out. Of all the shows we've been to this spring, this one had the most reasonable concession prices. Ric

This message was edited Mar 14, 2013 1:18 PM

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

This years' theme was Movies. There were fewer displays and they were a bit scaled back. Some of the water features were innovative and vendors were aplenty. Ric

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

This feature was interesting, it just welled up like the eye at Longwood. #3 Caught a dear in the headlights! LOL The orchid show was just great with a couple less exhibitors. Holly thought their prices were reasonable. D'OH! Ric

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

A few more for the orchid fanciers. Ric

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Rick and Holly--
If you don't mind--May i add a few pictures I took of the Timmonium Show?
I have not posted them anywhere yet...
I will try not to duplicate what you already posted.....
Will have a few from the Craft Show as well. Didn't want to take too many--
artisans can get "itchy" as it is THEIR work....

Gita

Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

A few more....
Pic #1 is an acurate copy of the original Rosetta Stone which was excavated....somewhere...???

Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

These are from the Craft Show.
As i was there on day #1--it was unbelievably crowded.
Getting a picture of anyone's table was next to impossible....

These were cute......G.

Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the pictures, gang.

Oh those orchids. I could never choose one!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.