March, 2013: Is it spring yet?

Ripley, MS

I was watching the doctors the other day when Valarie Harper was on. They explained it like this. Cancer always starts somewhere, when they do surgery to remove it, if any tiny cell gets away, it will get in the blood stream and travel around in the body until it finds another place to grow. Anywhere Mary has cancer, will always be called ovarian cancer. They said Valarie had lung cancer.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Yes, I can understand about the calendar.... but I THOUGHT there was a way for you to sync the calendar with your ipad? or even an apple computer? I might be wrong about that - but I thought you might have better luck entering appts etc on the ipad or computer.........
Just a thought. I am calendar dependent at this point..... I even use the calendar to remind myself to do things - for instance to take Jessica's down pymt for her surgery by the clinic today, and to remember the call to cancel the insurance on leigh's vw beetle because EVEN THOUGH the insurance company totaled the car and paid us for it - they do not automatically remove it from the policy........ :(

Jeri, hope ya'll get some more info about Jim this time!

Genna

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I use nothing but the calendar on my iphone. I don't even let them give me appointment cards. I just put it in as soon as they give me the appointment. Then I set up 2 reminders. One the day before and the other 1 hour before. Whatever I put in my iphone calendar automatically goes to my ipad and to the cloud. I can also sync it to my laptop (Toshiba)

I think Spring is here!!! I just discovered hostas coming up in my yard despite all the pine cones and pine debris still on top of them. Some are several inches tall. I've got to find time to clean up my yard!!

I think when cancer spreads like Sandra is talking about they call it "metastasized" . May not have it spelled right. That's why I had to have a full body scan a year after I had thyroid cancer. They were looking for spots that may have metastasized in some other area.

I read a book about a year ago that was really fascinating. Can't remember the name of it. It's been on the best seller list. It is not fiction - all true. It was about a black lady that had ovarian cancer back in the forties. They took cells from her and they have been used in research all over the world. They continue to grow and grow very rapidly. Cells from her are still in existence today. I'll have to see if I have the book around or try to remember the name of it.

Ripley, MS

I read that book too, I am going to google, but think--Henrietta ?
Yes, that is it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henrietta_Lacks

Tat was a very good book

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Yes that's it Sandra!!! Was a very good book. I recommend reading it.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Sorry Yall it's been a busy day today and will be tomorrow also. Jim went to the Dr. and they took out only 10 cc's this time so it's getting better but the area is hard and we thought that was all swelling but it's the stuff they injected. It's causing scar tissue that they are hoping with seal the lymph node. We'll find out Tue. how it's doing so maybe just a little longer.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Wow, Jeri, you and Jim are really going through things! Hugs and prayers for both of you! and prayers, too, for Mary and Ashley.

Al's eye appointment went well. He does have cataracts but the doctor says it will be probably a year before it is necessary for him to have surgery to remove the cataracts. We won't know the results from the stress test until early next week.

We are starting on re-doing our countertops today. I'll take before and after photos to share with ya'll.

You ladies have a good day and a blessed week-end!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Marilyn you all may already know this but just thought I would pass the information along anyway. Some prostrate drugs can cause complications with cataract surgery. Richard had cataract surgery several years ago and had been taking Flomax. His doctor knew he had been taking it and knew he was going to have to use a different procedure because of it. However, he ended up having LOTS of complications after surgery. He ended up having to go to another eye doctor that specialized in complications and had to have another procedure. His eye is fine now but it was almost year ordeal getting it back to normal. So just thought I would pass the information along to you.
http://news.healingwell.com/index.php?p=news1&id=534416

Hope your countertops turn out the way you want them. I bet they will.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

thanks for posting that link, Charlotte. I have bookmarked it and will print out that information.

I am going to post 3 collages which will show you some of the before and during photos of our kitchen remodel.
The first collage shows the soffit in the two photos on the left after Al had cut in the paint. You can see the light gray against the old "Navajo White". In the bottom left photo you can see the old window trim before I painted it. The top right photo shows the window trim after the first coat of white paint. The countertops don't really look that bad in this photo but the bottom photo shows a close-up of the old formica with the gold specks.

The second collage shows in the upper left photo a view of the bar with the three-tiered shelf at the end which will also be painted white. If you look closely you can see the brown area beside the sliding glass door next to the upper cabinet. That will be covered by a smaller three-tiered shelf which I am painting white. Al took it down so it would be easier for me to paint. The upper right photo is the old stainless steel sink which we are replacing. The lower left photo shows Al replacing the board at the back of the sink. The lower right photo shows an over-all view of the countertop before I started painting it. The stove is pulled out from the wall and is covered with the striped sheet.
The cabinets are covered in cheap black plastic bags which I cut down one side so they would cover more area. I also put down plastic and newspaper on the floor

This third collage shows various views of the countertop after I painted it with the gray base coat. Because of the light coming in from the kitchen window and sliding glass door it is hard to really see the color but it is a medium gray.
I like it just like this but there are two more steps in this process. I am going to try to make the countertops look like a light gray granite. We'll see if I can do it. lol

I forgot to say that the ceramic tile backsplash is going to be covered in silver-colored tin-look panels that will be attached with a double-sided tape. The ceramic tile is still in good shape but the grout is dirty and I just want a different look.

This message was edited Mar 16, 2013 7:36 PM

Thumbnail by marsue Thumbnail by marsue Thumbnail by marsue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm sure it's going to look really good when your through Marilyn. The Fuller and Son I go to all the time had a sample made up a while back and it looked good. You probably have to paint on the veining and then put a top coat over that to seal it all. I used to do some faux marbling back years ago. I used a feather to make the veins. I never did anything for my house - it was all for stuff in my antique booth.

It was a beautiful day here yesterday. It got up to 85!!! Going to cool down some this week. But spring is here and time to finish outside clean up and get ready for planting! Going to try and get out this afternoon and get more of mess my out back cleaned up.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Charlotte, it is a 3 step procedure and there really won't be any veining. It is not a marble look but more like granite. A decorative sponge, not a kitchen sponge, is used to "dab" the paint on for the granite look. I will practice on a board first before doing the countertops.
Yesterday was beautiful here, too, --up in the 70's, though a bit windy later in the day. Today the temps are much cooler--currently 39F--and overcast. It was raining earlier this morning. Not a good day to open windows so I will wait until tomorrow to continue the painting.

Happy St. Patrick's Day, ladies!!

This message was edited Mar 17, 2013 2:48 PM

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Your talking about a sea sponge. I also use that in marbling and other techniques. I have several of them. They are good for blending several colors as well as layering different colors. My grandson was quite impressed with my collection of artist brushes and other supplies of that type!! LOL I have several painting projects in the garage I'm working on right now. Need to get one of them finished tonight!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Just stopping by to let Yall know that the results came back on Mary today and we think it's not good. The report described it as a poorly differentiated carcinoma. We googled that and it said it was stage 3.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Jeri so sorry to hear that! Praying for Mary and for all of you!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Same here, Jeri. Praying for Mary and all of you!!

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Me too, Jeri, prayers are with all of you. Hugs all the way around!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Jeri, so sorry to hear the news on Mary! Still praying for Mary and all of you!

Marilyn, looks like ya'll have quite a project going! I am sure it will look great when you are finished! We have been in our house almost 10 years! That doesn't seem possible!! I really need to do some painting, but we have all stained wood trim and I know that once I start repainting it will be hard to keep off all the trim. Of course, all the walls were painted before the trim was put up so it was much easier during construction! :) I am just not fond of painting!

Jessica had gall bladder surgery yesterday. We were at the hospital before 8 but they were behind schedule and we finally got to leave about 4:30........... I have been fighting a kidney stone since Sunday evening so it was a LONG day. She did great though and had a good night. Hopefully she will have a speedy recovery and get to enjoy at least part of her spring break.

We made a mad dash to Dallas Saturday afternoon because we found a used Subaru that Leigh was interested in - we called to make sure they had it, find out info on it, etc before we left..... then got about 40 minutes away from home and started hearing noises from my suburban.... pulled over and decided it was a u joint, so we had to go back and change to Kyle's car. That put us later getting to Dallas of course, but meanwhile, halfway there the sales manager calls to tell me we will not be able to look at that car today! Of course, he knows we are coming from Camden, so he tells us they will deliver it back to us on Monday and that IF it is not as they say or for any reason we decide we don't want it - they will tear the paperwork up. They have others with the same engine, etc that we can test drive. So, we go on the rest of the way to Dallas and are at the dealership for almost 3 hrs because they sold 3 or 4 cars back to back and only had one finance person! Anyway, they know Jess is supposed to be having surgery on Monday and they are going to deliver the car to us. Then LATE yesterday afternoon, we get a phone call that the car is NOT able to be certified because there was a point that couldn't be satisfied on the inspection.................. and they will NOT be delivering the car! :( So, now, the suburban is in the shop, and Leigh is driving Jessica's car in LR this week. It has really messed us up on getting Leigh a car...about the only good thing was that we got to spend some nice time together - and that we got to do a little shopping on Sunday and went back to a restaurant that we had been wanting to take Leigh to since we went last July..... so that part was good. Now, we are BACK to looking for a car!!

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Jeri, so sorry about Mary. We all were praying for something better.

Marilyn, good luck with that ambitious project you've got going!

Genna, you always look on the bright side of things. I would have stayed home when that u joint went bad.

Ripley, MS

I too hate to hear about Mary. God has a plan in all this, we may never know the reasons, but He does.
Tell Mary I love her.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

I will and you all mean the world to her too!! She sees the oncologist on 4/4/13. I know she would have given up a long time ago if not for the kind words of encouragement from Yall!!!

Jim has to be at the hospital for 6:00 AM. They are gonna go in and try to seal the nicked lymph node again and drain off any drainage that has occurred since today. They pulled over 3 tubes of drainage this AM.

I worked for 8 hrs. Sat in my yard and could hardly move for church Sun. I am really out of shape!!! One of the greeters asked me how I was doing and she started laughing and said I looked like she felt. She knew what I had done. LOL!!! Only got in 6 hrs. today but finished the big bed that had the weeping willow tree in it. Still need to put out weed retardant and fresh mulch.

Marilyn I know your kitchen is gonna look great. We need pictures to see how your counter tops turned out!!!

Genna I hope that stone passes soon so you will get some relief!! That is good news about Jessie's surgery let her know that we are adding our prayers for her quick recovery!!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Genna glad Jessie's surgery went well. Know she is glad to have that behind her.

Jeri seems like they would want Mary back sooner than 4/4!!

Jim has really had a time with that leg. Sure hope they fix the problem tomorrow.

I need to get out and work in my yard tomorrow and as much as I can the rest of the week! Just haven't made much progress. Too many irons in the fire!

I haven't done taxes yet! Started going through my folders tonight. I never get in a hurry because I don't get the final reports on some of my investments until March. Hopefully I have all the final reports now. I use Turbo Tax and have done it for a number of years. It want take me long once I get all my stuff sorted through. Just got to sit down and do it!!!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Genna: I have never had a kidney stone but I have been told by others that passing one is more painful than childbirth! :( Is there any chance that the doctor can dissolve yours with laser surgery? Good to hear that Jessi came through her surgery so well. I was amazed that her procedure was outpatient and that she didn't have to stay overnight! I've not had gall bladder problems, either, thank goodness. What a bummer about the car but it is good that you and Leigh had some quality time together.

Jeri: I wish it was warm enough here so that I could get out in my flowerbeds! We have snow forecast for tomorrow!!! (big frown here) Our weather has been like a yo-yo all winter--warm temps one day and cold the next. People, creatures and plants don't know what to do from one day to the next!!

Al got our new kitchen sink installed yesterday. Hooray! It is so nice to have my kitchen sink and dishwasher in working order again! We have both decided that we like the gray countertop paint so much that we will not even try the process of making it look like granite. We are just going to put one more coat of the gray paint on it and once that dries for a couple days, we will put a coat of polycrylic on it for protection and sheen. It will probably be this time next week before we are finished with the entire kitchen remodel. We still have to install the tin-look panels on the backsplash after we finish the countertops.

i forgot to tell ya'll that the report on Al's stress test was good! :) His heart is in better shape now than it was two years ago! Hooray!! The doctor just wants him to monitor his blood pressure for a few days and report the results back to the doctor so the doc will know whether he needs to change Al's blood pressure meds.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Marilyn, great news on Al's stress test! Obviously, your influence has been good for him! ^_^ The gray paint counters sound interesting...... we will look forward to the photos! I think my stone was just coming out of the kidney on Sunday evening - my kidney hurt really bad. I stopped on the way home and bought some cranberry juice and have been drinking cranberry juice and water like crazy and I definitely made it move. I think it may have passed but not certain, mine that i had last July didn't hurt so bad when I actually passed it but it was along the way when it blocked most of the tube that it became almost unbearable. But after the 4 hr wait to get a CT in the Emergency room, the pain had all but stopped and they said it was just at the edge of the bladder about to fall in. So, I guess it just depends. Last time it didn't hurt up high at all, but this time it was if someone was hitting me in the kidney with a sledge hammer. On Monday, the kidney itself didn't hurt nearly as much but i had bouts of sharp abdominal pain so I knew it was moving.... or trying.... ^_^ I am still drinking enough water to float a boat - and adding cranberry juice to it because I want it gone for good!

Well, the guy that works on my vehicle called and he can't find anything wrong with my ujoint or front end or transmission.... not even a wheel bearing! He has driven the vehicle all over and hasn't heard the noise once - even drove it home last night and back this morning .....so apparently the guys were mistaken when they thought they saw oil on it. I guess that is good news - although we still don't know what the noise was from but if it shows back up maybe it will get consistent enough he can identify it.

Elaine, how is that leg doing? I hope you are mending well. Are you still on your trip or back home again?

Sandra, how is Eli doing? Hopefully he is much better. Little ones are so pitiful when they are sick..... thankfully they usually recover quickly!

Charlotte, I haven't finished up my tax info either. Got a good start on it and now I just can't seem to find time to finish it. I need to go ahead and make my appointment with my accountant because that will motivate me to get it together before my appt. Plus, the longer I wait, the longer it will take to get in to see him! :( I wish I could just do my own but with the rent houses and all the stuff that goes with them, I think I do better to pay someone else to help me.

Jessi was pretty sore this morning, but I suspect this will be the worst day. She got up several times yesterday and walked around the house and even walked out in the yard a couple of times so she is doing good to follow instructions and move frequently. Hopefully she will be able to sleep in the bed tonight instead of the recliner. She has a tendency to sleep on her stomach and she was afraid she would roll over on it and really hurt..... She also gets to take a shower tonight and she is excited about that ^_^

Marilyn, we have been on a weather roller coaster here too. But it is beautiful today... yesterday it was pretty cool and we have had a hard frost several mornings as well.

Jeri, it is just like pulling teeth to get appointments these days! Another wait........ :( I just hate that she is having to wait so long between all her appointments - I know it must drive her crazy to just sit and wait. I hope they were able to get Jim fixed up today! That has been a long ordeal too!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

By the way, I have invited a fellow Dave's Gardener to join us here on mid south. Her DG name is Jenlee and she lives near Colliersville, TN. She is looking for plants to trade etc. and I told her she should join us here on the mid south and possibly attend the RU in June. Hopefully, she will pop in soon.....

Ripley, MS

I called today for an appt with my gp and the first early morning one was April 9th.
I have to do fasting bloodwork for the diabetes, so I always ask for early morning. An 8:45 appt will usually get me out by 11.
Cayla, and I both got sick Sunday night with cold, Eli got up today snorting and coughing, he was doing great, just finished his antibiotic Sunday night. I hope he does not get any fever, if so-back we go. Cayla went Monday and got a shot, then went back this afternoon for another.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Sandra, you all have really had it at your house with the coughs, colds, etc. I hope you all feel better soon!!

Genna: good news about the car but I know it bothers you that they couldn't find what made the noise. I'm glad Jessi is moving around and following doctor's orders. Tell her that this "old fogey" says she shouldn't be sleeping on her stomach at all. It is the worst thing you can do for your neck! Of course she is young and most likely isn't feeling any ill effects from it yet but she really shouldn't sleep that way. I used to sleep on my stomach years ago but stopped probably when I was in my twenties and haven't done it since.

It's awful that it takes so long to get appointments scheduled, isn't it? Al's stress test was scheduled back in December!!

Sandra, the early morning appointments are definitely the best when you have to fast before you have a test done. Al's appointment for his fasting stress test was at 8:15 a.m. and he didn't get to eat anything until about 10:30 when they told him to go eat something greasy and then come back so they could do one more blood test. I was concerned because he is diabetic but he did okay and didn't have a "sinking spell".

Elaine, l am also wondering how you are doing since your surgery?

Snow scheduled to arrive sometime in the a.m. Not looking forward to it. :(

Ripley, MS

They have us under winter storm watch starting tomorrow afternoon here. I surely hope this is winters last blast

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Sandra is Eli teething? Jimmy got an ear infection for every tooth that came in.

Mary & I went to Walmart and someone stole my wallet. I am so sad b/c it had my plant money in it.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Genna I' ve been using Turbo Tax for about 13 years. Our taxes are fairly complex but I don't have any problem with Turbo Tax. I buy the Business and Professional one that includes personal, business and investments. It cost $99 but is considerably less than the over $1,000 I had been paying. My federal tax report was over 160 pages last year. We usually have things to report on just about every form available! Not lots of money - just money and transactions from lots of different sources! It computes depreciation, etc. It asks you the questions and you type in the information. My antique booths are even an actual business. Turbo Tax prepares a profit and loss statement for it. I have either owned a business or worked as an independent contractor since 1996. Being an independent contractor is the same as operating a business. They pay you an agreed upon amount but you end up paying taxes on the outcome of a profit and loss statement. There are lots of deducts you can claim when you work that way. The IRS requires you to compute whether investment transactions result in a short term or long term gain and the amount. That information is provided to you but the IRS requires you to compute it on their forms! You plug in the information and Turbo Tax does it for you. There are several steps that you have to go through but after you've done it then the next time is not difficult. I've handled business partnerships, timber sales, oil and gas leases, inherited property, etc - all with Turbo Tax.

I realized my CPA was basically doing the same thing and that's why I started using Turbo Tax. She would give the information I had gathered together to someone in her office to plug in the numbers and then all she would do at the end was to review the report before giving to me. Then charge me a huge fee! They all now use some type of tax program very much like Turbo Tax.

Got a lot done in the yard today but LOTS more to go!!! All my bamboo came down when the fence fell down. It was all piled up in the back and I realized plants were trying to come up under all that mess so I got it put back up this afternoon. There was so much debris I couldn't even see where my beds actually were back in the back corner. I got a lot of it picked up and cleared all the stepping stones off so I at least know where things are coming up. Things are really popping up!! I'm soon going to have some irises blooming. Hostas are coming up. My Jacobs Ladder is coming up. Lots of other stuff! I've got a lot more days of cleaning up mess!!

Because of my lack of a thyroid and a non functioning parathyroid gland I have to have my blood tested frequently to monitor several levels but I like the way they do it. I don't always see the doctor when I have my blood tested so they just tell me the day they want me to come in on and whether it is to be a fasting or non-fasting test and then I can just go in anytime I want during the hours they are open. Then after my doctor has gotten the results he will have his nurse call me and let me know the results and whether or not any changes need to be made. They also always mail me a copy of the report.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Jeri we did a cross post! That's terrible about your wallet!!!!!! Don't know what this world is coming to! It's scary the number of robberies we have in LR!

Ripley, MS

Oh no, not your PLANT money ! I guess it is really best to not carry cash.
How is Jim doing today?

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I posted on Jeri's FB page about her stolen wallet but I'll say it again here, Jeri! So sorry and I sure hope they find out who did it!!

I rarely have more than $20.00 in my wallet so if anybody stole it, they wouldn't get much cash. :D

Still expecting from 3 to 6 inches of snow today! :( I would have welcomed it a month ago but not today!! You ladies further south of me are fortunate to have more temperate weather. Our spring comes later up here in the Ozark mountains.

Ripley, MS

We are expecting rain and sleet tonight too Marilyn, it was 28 here this morning

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sandra you all have been colder than here. I would think we would be about the same. It's been in the forties at night this week. We have a cold front coming through this weekend and its supposed to get in the mid thirties at night Sun, Mon and Tues. But not below freezing. Day time will be in the fifties. I worked in the yard yesterday in just a long sleeve cotton tshirt and was very comfortable.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Charlotte, yeah, I think I could use turbo tax - my concern is knowing how to put in where we are at on depreciation etc since some of the houses have been depreciated for a while, and some are newer. Then things like new AC/Heat units are often depreciated over time, and sometimes he expenses them depending on the year. I am not sure how I would ever get all the back ground info in there. Of course, my accountant only charges me 200 - 250. I guess if he was charging a 1000 I would definitely have to reconsider. I overheard a girl I know the other day saying she paid H&R Block $ 350 to do her taxes. Her and her husband both have jobs and they rent their home - they have one child. I thought to myself that she could probably use the free tax forms on line to do hers instead of paying 350 when you have no deductions or anything! There is also a place here that does them for free, and they will take almost any income level - but they will not handle rental property. I might should at least look at turbo tax. I gather up everything for the accountant and have everything calculated before I go to him except the depreciation on the rental and the farm stuff we have. Like you say, he just plugs in the numbers..............

Marilyn and Sandra - how is the weather? Did ya'll get snow and ice? are the roads covered or just the ground?

Picked up my suburban yesterday and haven't heard that noise a SINGLE time since I picked it up..... so strange, but apparently it is ok! I may be headed to Fayetteville, Conway or Memphis today or tomorrow to try again at buying Leigh a used car! I am negotiating with all three and it just depends on who gives me the best price vs what the vehicle has on it. I hate trying to compare apples to apples on used cars because they all have something different or different mileage, etc. I have managed to find 2 that are the same year model and almost identical mileage so that makes it easier .... the third one is different so that makes it harder to compare in the mix. :( Oh well, hopefully, he will have something before the weekend is over!

Ripley, MS

No snow here, just rain, it is very cold here though !

Good luck with the car shopping !

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Genna the version of turbo tax that I use is very thorough. It takes you through a interview process asking about all the possible types of income and expenses. As inexpensive as the person that does your taxes is, it's probably worth the additional $100 or so just not to have to fool with it. But you can probably get the information from your return. There should be worksheets attached to your return that provides documentation for the depreciation. I have to pay a fee to Turbo Tax every year but I have an account with them and all my information is stored. When I pay every year I just log on to my account and it brings up my previous year's information. I can also bring up prior year information. Before you can file your return it does an error check and I will always have a few errors. I have to correct those before it will allow me to file my return. Sometimes it can just be that I've left a line blank. I am not an accountant and have never kept books for anyone other than myself but I've dealt with lots of financial information over the years. Actually graduated from the Graduate School of Banking at LSU. When I had my store I kept my books on software similar to Quickbooks but much more difficult! Wish I had known about Quickbooks. So I have a pretty good understanding of how it all works.

Yukky, yukky day here!!! Rainy and cool! Not cold, cold but damp so it feels much cooler.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I posted some pictures of my antique booth on FB. Thought I would post a few here in case you didn't see them. I've started selling a lot of new vintage looking accessories. The white secretary sold this afternoon just after I took the photos. I painted all the white furniture - well I've painted all the furniture that is painted. I have several pieces in the garage I need to get to work on! Painted furniture is the hot thing now!

Thumbnail by cperdue Thumbnail by cperdue Thumbnail by cperdue Thumbnail by cperdue Thumbnail by cperdue
Central, LA(Zone 8b)

I would be so in trouble. This time Charlotte, I'm glad you are in Ark. LOL!!! JK!!!

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

My sentiments exactly! I would be in trouble and just drooling over all the cute things! You are right, Charlotte. Painted furniture is huge. I lurk around on another decorating forum elsewhere and there are some gorgeous pieces to be had. You did a great job with your booth. Love those cream lamps and the bottles and some of the prints, pillows, well, heck, just about everything.

Genna, I meant to tell you...on that other decorating forum they swear by 'frog tape' for painting trim and edging. Several who have painted recently said it is much better than the blue tape. One person said she found bulk rolls at Costco. So look for it if you get serious about painting in your house.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.