Happy Birthday, Aspenhill

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Wishing you a wonderful birthday! Hope your hellebore trip was a success.

Thumbnail by ecnalg
Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Happy birthday to you! The hellebores trip sounds like a perfect birthday present!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

This was one of the best birthday celebrations ever. My birthday is at a time when winter is almost played out, but spring is still weeks away. It is a dismal time of year, especially if gardening is your thing, and I haven't really made it any type of celebration in years past. Hellebores to the rescue! What could be better than a winter festival to see these beauties in bloom. The weather was pretty cruddy, but not as bad as I was expecting. Besides, I got to use my new birthday umbrella LOL. The rain let up some while we were walking about the gardens, and it was just fun to be out and about and away from home for a change.

Pictures here and in the next few posts.

Thumbnail by aspenhill Thumbnail by aspenhill
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Pine Knot Farms

Thumbnail by aspenhill Thumbnail by aspenhill Thumbnail by aspenhill Thumbnail by aspenhill
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

More Pine Knot Farms

Thumbnail by aspenhill Thumbnail by aspenhill Thumbnail by aspenhill Thumbnail by aspenhill
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Hellebores purchased for my gardens - Southern Belles strain.

Because the flowers nod downwards, the only way I could get pictures was to stack pots up to the right height above my head, and then perch the hellebores on top. Very precarious operation. The extremes I will go through so that I don't have to get down on the floor to get the shot LOL. Pretty cool that the conservatory makes you feel like you are right outside in the woods.

Thumbnail by aspenhill Thumbnail by aspenhill Thumbnail by aspenhill Thumbnail by aspenhill Thumbnail by aspenhill
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

They also showcased other winter flowering things. I purchased my first daphne and cyclamens. The cyclamens are so dainty and delicate looking - another favorite plant for me now. Dr. John T Lonsdale of Edgewood Gardens is a friend of Dick and Judy, and was the one who brought the cyclamens to the party.

Thumbnail by aspenhill Thumbnail by aspenhill
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Pat and Happy, thanks for the birthday wishes. Pat, love your hellebore photo!

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

What a wonderful way for such a wonderful person to spend her birthday, Terri. Many Happy returns.

You sure have an eye for beautiful blooms. Love cyclamen! Those leaf patterns are awesome!

Flowers that nod down always speak to me of the woodland sprites and spirits who dance beneathe them...the little people world of magic and fairy dust. Oh Happy Day.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Happy Birthday, special lady!

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Happy Birthday Terri, I'm glad it was a great time!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Happy, Happy, Birthday Teri. So glad you had a great day, and started your ceiling to boot. Ric

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Happy Birthday to a great gal!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

So glad you enjoyed the hellebore celebration and were able to bring home some beauties.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Terri, Happy Happy to you. What a great day and such beautiful Helles I have quite a few of the Pine Knot Helles. Just love the cyclamen. I have tried them a couple of times but couldn't get them to take. Might just try them again, they are just so beautiful.

Central, MD(Zone 7a)

Happy birthday Terri!!!! Woot woot

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

Happy belated birthday, Aspen! I'm drooling over your hellebore pics. So glad you had a good time on your trip!

Here's my only blooming hellebore, this time with no ice or snow around it. I have another one that's been in the bud stage for a month!

Thumbnail by ssgardener
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday Terri! Glad you got your "Hellebore Holiday" and that the weather was not any more inclement than it was.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Looks like you had a wonderful Birthday! Those are beautiful blooms!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Thank you for all the birthday wishes!

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

Am I late for the party? A belated happy birthday to you, Terri.

Beautiful Hellebores! Nothing makes birthdays better for a gardener than plants :-). Gorgeous!!!

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

Me Too.....happy happy and a great big hug from this old lady. JB

Crozet, VA

Just found out today that you had a birthday. I too had to stop in and wish you a great new year coming up. I miss all you guys since I haven't been around much. Been so busy, but couldn't miss this opportunity. Glad you enjoyed the day Terri......

Ruby

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

So glad you had a great day!
Here's another Hellebore for you

Thumbnail by flowAjen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.