My Fairy Garden

West Monroe, LA(Zone 8a)

I am so enjoying every ones inspiring pics and messages here. I got back into my garden after a 4 yr illness that prevented me from gardening ( I grieved over the loss of gardening more than anything else) I've been posting pics from '09 and earlier because -well just imagine an acre of rose-cottage gardens uncared for in anyway-except when the church helped weed front garden 2 yrs ago-killing hundreds of plants and my weed wacking husband (if its over 4" its a weed to him). In the humid south! I'm finally well enough to garden again-though mostly from a sitting postion & driving in the car just to get to gardens near the street. Before I became obsessedwith getting a hundred roses cut back this week I started cleaning up and refurbishing-actually when I'm through I'll like it even more- My Fairy garden. The goal is to have it ready for my 5 yr old granddaughter when she comes to visit Easter. These pics have her in them the year I made them. I'll post more when The refinished garden is ready.In the pics you'll see the fairy garden is through the arch on the bedroom side (each with a window door onto this patio area and the woods beyond) The fairy on the blue table is a drummer like my daughter. Fairies reside all over this acre, the "Fairy Garden is for Gwynth.

Thumbnail by GingerGaia Thumbnail by GingerGaia Thumbnail by GingerGaia Thumbnail by GingerGaia Thumbnail by GingerGaia
Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

Lovely Fairy Garden. I enjoyed your photos.

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Violas are perfect for Faerie gardens...Thank you.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

I've never really been attracted to most fairy garden's but I LOVE yours!!! The "castle" and the moss cover cottage... oh please I do NOT need another project !! LOL

Tobyhanna, PA(Zone 5a)

Very pretty. Love the moss covered cottage, too. :>)

(Zone 7a)

I've always found wildish, more natural-looking places more evocative of fairies than too-tidy places - to me you've reached an enchanting balance between the two - love your fairy garden very much.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.