Dig up plants?

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

If anyone wants to come dig up some plants before I sell the house, y'all are more than welcome to! Inbox me & let me know :-) I also have 2-4 large (white) containers with trellises & a big pot with a lilac (Aunt Erna!!)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh, no! You don't think Aunt Erna can handle warmer conditions? I'm not sure how warm is "too warm" for a lilac. I can "foster" her until you have room in your car on a return trip...

If you need some of the plants split / removed / tidied up before the house goes on the market, let's pick out a "dig day" and see who can make it... I remember digging and splitting all my brother's daylilies in front of their old house. I replanted tidy little clumps, which looked way better to the realtor, and he had 3 or 4 times that many clumps to put in at their new place!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Becky, what's your hoped for time frame for having this on the market? I think you mentioned getting a crew to tidy up. Any digging we do has to work around that, and if you will have an open house we don't want to have a dig day planned then either.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Yes, we'll definitely need to be tidied up "after" and not before!

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

I'm actually headed out to Becky's tomorrow afternoon. I have an appointment in the morning where I'm going to be only about 45 min away, so I'm helping her get an early start to all the digging.

Becky had mentioned that the house was going on the market in early March, sometime around the first week. I'll try to take away as many pots and potted plants as possible tomorrow. But I'm not so good with heavy lifting, so Paul and I had talked about coming back fairly soon with a bigger car/truck.

Jill, I think zone 7 is just about the upper limit for most lilacs.

I think it'll feel good to know these plants are going to be appreciated.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I could probably come down for a day if needed. My lilacs haven't bloomed lately, not enough dormant cold to push them. Ric

the lilacs here should be happy this year!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Speaking of Lilacs - they are all sprouting right now!! Terri got to meet the 'infamous' Aunt Erna :)

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Terri is going to town, labeling what I remember and lopping away at vines :)

Quote from ssgardener :
... Paul and I had talked about coming back fairly soon with a bigger car/truck. ...

..so nice to have a man around the house...!

Pfft that ssg been trying to sell herself as a noobie gardner...lookiter go!

I loved meeting Aunt Erma! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to lift her. :)

Haha Sally, I have a new newbie project to keep me busy!

Becky let me know some of the clematis might not come back, since I had to cut them back to transport .

My plan is to get them all in the ground in the newly prepped perennial beds and hope for the best! I know they need their roots shaded and regular watering while getting established. I hope they survive so I can share them with the group at the swap!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

She might be a "newbie", but a pro with the loppers!

This is the vine I couldn't remember! http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/369/

Wow, that chocolate vine has edible fruit! Have you tasted it?

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Nope, it needs two different plants to make fruits it says - apparently it's invasive, so be careful! It could end up like the Silver Lace vine that ate my neighbor! :-)

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

All done! Most of the plants are gone! All I need now is Walter to come fill in the holes, cover in mulch and it'll look good for selling! :)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Excellent!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.