Vegetable gardening

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Nice!

Southeastern, NH(Zone 5b)

Thanks guys! How is your veggie garden coming along Jen?

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Got all the tomatoes planted, still have to get the peppers in. I actually saw a pea pod!!!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Looks great!!!
Having some crow and turkey issue's....they plucked 2 rows of freshly sprouted corn!! Grrrrr!!!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Grrrr'!!!!!!

Oh no! I have turkeys and crows in my yard all the time... I didn't know they'd be a problem!

Thomaston, CT

They love corn sprouts! Garden looks very nice, Meredith.....

Thanks Robin! I can't wait to get them all boxed in, it may take a while because I'm still not working.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

I harvested some lettece the other day.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I see some more pea pods! yay!

Thomaston, CT

All I have are pea pods...the lettuce drowned.

Rhinebeck, NY

I'm picking snap peas and lettuce.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I love fresh peas

I just got the garden finished so no peas! I had bought them and was going to plant them back in April. I am way faster at getting the work done in my mind! I read I can start some in mid Sept, but that seems awfully late since we usually have a killing frost in early Oct..

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Snow peas, Meredith?? ;)

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

I'm eating Lamb's Quarters and Garlic Scapes. Tomatoes are only a foot high! I am jonsing for fresh tomato, basil and mozzerella salad!

Thomaston, CT

Sigh.....me, too.....something ate every one of my peppers, & are now starting on the green beans....I suspect a rabbit...will put out strong-smelling soap!

Lol Victor, that's for sure! Now I am worried about rabbits, I have been seeing cottontails in my yard a lot lately.

Let the clover grow in the lawn. They will go for that.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

kill all clover!!

If they like clover more I should be all set! lol

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

What if any fertilizers do you all use?
I only have tomatoes, cucumbers and one asparagus plant right now.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

fresh cow manure ^_^

I plan on using Tomato Tone for my Toms and Plant Tone for other stuff. I always mix a couple scoops of composted manure in the planting holes when planting too.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

I did add compost when I planted them.
Celeste I do have access to horse manure! I compost the chicken poop but that takes a while.

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

I use fertilizers from Gardens Alive and my own compost. I brought home shells from a trip to the beach to add calcium and sweeten the soil.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Once lettuce bolts it's no good anymore right?

Yes, real bitter.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

garden is starting to take off here - t-plants already have a couple babies t's

pulled one of those green w/black striped caterpillar off parsley tonight

Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

A swallowtail???? you didn't kill it did you?

Oh no ! Maybe you could grow a few extra plants somewhere else for them. Then you can move them from your plants to the ones designated for them. I have a ton of Zizia and Rue which are in the same family as parsley in my butterfly garden and would move them to those but they don't seem to go on my parsley anymore. I've been installing a drip system on my veggie garden. So of course it has been raining every day now!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

let's just say it will not be eating anything here again

Thomaston, CT

Only the peas look good.......replanted the peppers, need to replant lettuce & green beans if the rain ever stops.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

OH NO!!!!!!! meanie!

Did someone answer our prayers? The sun just came out!

Thomaston, CT

Yes, have been getting more sun, fewer showers....today, my county MAY be rain free!

Finally got some stuff done today! Still more to do, just having a sandwich break. :)

Thomaston, CT

Was going out to weed, but hear thunder......

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

my cukes have lots of flowers!!! yay!

Yesterday when the sun came out, I went out and within a few minutes it was thundering and down-pouring on me!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.