Continued Support for Becky as she's Alabama bound

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Wonderful!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Praising God!!!! Continuing a happy dance.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Wonderful news Bec, and I am so happy you will have a yard to play with. Ric

Crozet, VA

Hi to All - I don't have the time at the moment to read this thread, but marked it to watch, so will catch up with the previous posts at some point soon hopefully. Anyway......Alabama bound.....sounds good to me. I have only traveled that direction once, but had a really great time. Everything there such as in nature is so different from what I used to in the mountains of Virginia. I was amazed with the spanish moss on the trees and love the style of architecture of the homes in the south. My gosh...an added bonus of warm winter weather, can't ask for better than that.

Anyway.....will catch up with you good folks soon.

Ruby

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Getting away from Walter Reed is easier said than done!!! While I have my referral to new doc in AL, they have just put me through the wringer with a ton of tests, the last one being a PET scan today...they saw some 'minute activity' and wants to do an ultrasound tomorrow - I'm not thrilled, but they are being VERY thorough and I can't fault them for that - think of me around noon tomorrow please :)

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Will do, dear!

Central, MD(Zone 7a)

Definitely!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Prayers & positive thoughts & lots of hugs to wrap around you!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

SUre will be thinking of you...I bet they're just covering their tails before handing you off...

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Prayers going up for you this day dear Becky and blessings on all those who care enough to do their very best.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I'm piling prayers onto all the others, as well as best wishes and positive thoughts....

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Me too.

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

Good to have thorough and cautious docs! Thinking of you today!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Came back from Reed a few hrs ago, ultrasound was inconclusive (as expected) - soooo, MRI next week (why not, it's the only imaging tool they haven't used so far) - there are 2 tiny areas of concern, could be a bump, a cyst, could be scar tissue - could be a multitude of things - but, instead of wait and keep an eye on it, operating table it is! PET showed 'minute cell activity' - what kind is of course impossible to say - they'll get rid of a tiny bump, check the lymphnodes and my wonderful MIL is coming up for a week to stay with me! :) Since I'm such an "odd case" they don't want to leave anything up to chance and surgery seems the logical thing to do - told him I'd better end up in a medical journal after all of this!!!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Me too.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Let us know if you & your MIL are up for visitors!

Thorough is good, and I'm all for getting rid of a "bump," however minute. I'd rather know it's benign than guess. Still, I'm sure you must be rolling your eyes and thinking, "Seriously? SERIOUSLY??"

Prayers & HUGS

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Uhm, yeah - along with a few other choice words...:)

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers Bec!
I pray that in the long run you will be free of all of this!

Karen

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Thanks Karen, so do I - I'm tired of the constant prodding and testing - but, I'd rather them be aggressive and deal with it now than later

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes, You do. Hang in there.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Continuing to pray for your treatment, dear.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Came through surgery with no issues, I'm sore as all get out, but - it's done! They are keeping me overnight & I'm really happy they did - it's a decent room, nice roommate & you even get a menu to order your food from! Won't know results until next week, but - he doubts it's cancerous since I just finished chemo 6 weeks ago...he removed 2 glands & 1 lymph node

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Been thinking of you Bec. Glad you are doing well.

Central, MD(Zone 7a)

That's great Bec! Thinking of you

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the update, dear. It's like room service, ordering from a menu. Cool! Having a nice roommate makes a world of difference. Love your attitude

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the great update! Hope you'll take some time to relax in the Alabama sunshine when you get there... no going all-out this summer trying to get your new home fully decorated and landscaped! Enjoy the moments.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Been thinking of you
So glad to hear so far so good. I still say maybe a little bit of the "need "for the surgery was to leave no stone unturned and no gland unpoked before sending you off on your merry way. But any way around, it is out and you are not much the worse for wear...carry on!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

I'm home!! After a looooooong day waiting for docs, waiting for drugs, waiting for discharge papers and I-95 on a Thursday afternoon is not for amateurs - poor Mom!! :) I'll be relaxing, not answering the phone, watching TV and living what I preach after surgery! Rest x 10 :)

Nothing like being home! So glad you're back home safe with good news!

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

And good Mommy Care. Rest well dear one. Prayers for hubby, too.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Yes, rest x10!!! Glad you are home

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Glad to hear the worst is behind you Bec!
Enjoy this beautiful weekend in peace!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Bec, thinking of you. Get that rest!

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Hey Bec hope you are getting that rest x10. Also hope that this spectacular all out blooming forth of Spring in these here parts encourages your own deep renewal and ushers forth an even more full blooming of your unique wonderfulness!

Can't help wishing that you could come to the Spring Swap...You were host to the swap when I first came round Daves and all the excitement and activity and sharing and people has kept me coming back. When you settle in Alabama, come Spring Swap time maybe we can have the world's longest plant swap from north Northeast to south Southeast! Anyhow, it will be nice to have some of your lovely plants at the swap and replanted in our ever widening circle of gardens.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

I SO wish I could be there as well, but, I'll b busy unpacking for quite a while after I get there and we're moved in to new house :) We close here on the 3rd, head to Bama and close on new house there on the 6th - I'll have a HUGE area (0.3 acres) to garden in, not sure I'll know what to do with all that space!!!

Still don't have results from pathology, hoping for tomorrow or Friday, doc is pushing as hard as he can to get them, I hate waiting and waiting for these kinds of results is about driving me insane - regardless of outcome I'll be ready for whatever; I've been scanned, radiated, ultrasounded, operated on - there can't be much else to do! I'm already transferred to UAB for continued treatments, they are one of the best onc/gyn departments in the country, so I'll be well looked after :)

This message was edited Apr 11, 2013 12:05 PM

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Yes, you will be missed. Glad to hear you have already transferred to UAB for continued treatments. Thankful for their good review!! Waiting IS the pits!!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

So excited for your new life. How different it will be down there. Just think of all the new plants that you will be able to grow.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

I'm exited too - Greg loves it already - his 7 minute commute, the decompressed feeling...he says people are very friendly, but not overly so - everything is new and developing - of course if you drive 15 mins outside of town, it's hicksville - but, it is here as well - I know I'm definitely heading south, when the shower guy called about shelving and he managed to call me Ms. Becky at least 5 times in the conversation...and that was all I understood!!! ^_^

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Heehee. New language class in your future, Ms Becky.

Heh, Ms Becky. That's very southern. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.