Continued Support for Becky as she's Alabama bound

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

'Where the perfumed south-wind whispers...'

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

A little birdie told me the previous thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1287396/ was getting a tad long with our great DG family posting continued words of support to our Becky!! So let's continue that support as she prepares for her great adventure...

Where the perfumed south-wind whispers,
Thy magnolia groves among,
Softer than a mother's kisses,
Sweeter than a mother's song,
Where the golden jasmine trailing,
Woos the treasure-laden bee,
Alabama, Alabama, we will aye be true to thee!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Chantell, very pretty verse.

I was thinking that Bec will be able to grow more tender plants than we can in this area, but then I looked up USDA zones for AL - it ranges from 7a to 9a. Huntsville in in the northern part of the state and is zone 7a, so pretty much the same gardening conditons as northern VA. Well that part will be familiar LOL.

Also looked up general distance - about 670 miles from Leesburg to Huntsville, straight south west, average time is 10 hrs 45 minutes.

This message was edited Feb 7, 2013 1:06 AM

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Giggle - No Sweet tea for me....moonshine maybe :-) gotta learn what I can grow - apparently the dirt isn't user friendly either, I was told Lilacs wasn't a good idea - yes, it's only about 650 miles :-) All y'all come see us now y'hear!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Ric and I have never been to that area Bec. Might just have to wander down there.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Go, Becky, Go!! The zone may be similar, but I'm thinking you'll have a little less freeze thaw freeze thaw freeze thaw, so rosemary, lavender, etc. should overwinter better.

This year's big adventure sounds way more fun than the one you started last year. Praying & cheering you both on!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh no, I just realized you are moving to the home of the dreaded Crimson Tide. They proved all those awful sports analysts right and put a whoopin on my beloved Notre Dame. On to more pleasant thoughts, how about an Alabama Slammer to go along with that moonshine LOL.

1/2 oz amaretto almond liqueur
1/2 oz Southern Comfort® peach liqueur
1/2 oz sloe gin
1 splash orange juice
1 splash sweet and sour mix
Pour above ingredients into a stainless steel shaker over ice and shake until completely cold. Strain into an old-fashioned glass and serve.

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

Toast to Terri and Bec :-)

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

And--Bec--
Make sure you plant a lot of "Alabama Sunset" Coleus.
My favorite!!!! So beautiful!

Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Sorry, Terri! Greg is a huge ND fan AND a Bama fan...:( Me, I'll be Rolling with the Tide! :) Yes, I'll be in a stable Zone 7 A/B...I'll have space for a greenhouse!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

sweet home Alabama...where the skies are so blue!

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

What a move!
I wish you all the very best Bec!

Karen

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

Goodness, that's a heck of a move Becky!! How cool though, fresh new beginnings can be a lot of fun! Of course I wish you the BEST as well. =)

I must have gotten lost somewhere along the way... when is the move to take place? Is there another thread talking about it that I've missed?? < =/

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Guess since you are leaving you'll have to change your DG handle immediately as it is now contradictory in Spanish, Bec_Va would be more appropriate. Or perhaps Bec_Va_Ga? :-)

Bec Hu Al ?

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Bec_No_Al

THat works!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Bec, that would be your first No_Al.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

:) Yup, moving company came today to get an estimate - I was guessing 8500 - 9500 lbs, we hit 9100 :)

Hahaha . Who knew you had this amazing skill to guess that??

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Bec, This is going to be so exciting.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

I know, right!! I guess it all comes down to "Cause I am THAT good" Giggle :)

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Definitely!!!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

How about Bec_NO!!!GO!!!_AL ????

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Awwwwwwwww - don't make me feel any guiltier than I already am :-(

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

You shouldn't feel guilty when you're supporting and doing whats best for that man of yours that I love and adore as much as I do you! That being said I can still whine...

How about "Chantell_Now_ Standing _Invite_ to_ AL??

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Chantell (and everyone else) will ALWAYS have a standing invitation to AL!!! And, I still have to come up to VA every so often for follow-ups at Reed - I "belong" to them for the next 5 years ^_^ The distance ain't that bad...heck, she drives that on a biweekly basis!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

That's a very good point...ugh...

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Wish you both the best in a new place, look at it this way, you are just that much closer to Florida! My dad and sister are from AL, and gosh come college football time look out...LOL

Jan

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Hiya all! Greetings from the chemo room! Last one today! I even get a diploma :-) I cannot thank everyone enough for the love & support, it's been humbling to say the least!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

WHOOEEE! That is fantastic news -- the chapter to close the book on!

TAA DAAAHH!!!!!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Doin a happy dance!!!

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

YAHOO!! Frame that diploma!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

*Happy Dancing* and hoping the effects from this final treatment pass quickly!

You didn't just beat this cancer, you took it to the woodshed!

... because you are just THAT good!

BIG BIG HUGS for you and for DH -- I know he's been your rock, just as Jim was mine.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

You certainly came a long way from that first terribly bad diagnosis. What a fighter you have been from the very beginning. Not taking that first diagnosis at face value and just moving ahead to a healthy life.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Yeah, about that healthy life...DH told me in no uncertain terms that chocolate really isn't breakfast, lunch & dinner anymore! Really?! Who says that!

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Dancing here tooooo!!!!

..Hmmm... Chocolate Easter EGGS for breakfast.... ;)

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Who says that? Not ME!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.