Strawberries!

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Harvested two strawberries today! I'm so excited because I've never had the success growing an edible garden until recently. Can't wait for more. How many other flowers/unripe berries can you count?

Erin

Thumbnail by tarziesgirl
Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Had my first strawberries of the new season last week. Boy were they yummy.

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Yep! This was kind of a test with my tower. I wasn't sure how it was going to work. Now I'm wishing we had gotten my plants! Live and learn.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

I love to go pick the berries. Problem with that is, there is always the next plant with big juicy red berries, and its hard to stop. Thats not so much a problem at the field, but makes for a nervous breakdown when you get home and have to do something with all of them....and fast.

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Well, around here that wouldn't be a problem. I have four hungry little mouths and one hungry husband on hand!

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

The problem with picking berries is, I go for the really ripe ones, and they only last about a day, two at the most. Ive been know to fill the trunk and back seat. That alot of hulling and jam or jelly making or freezing, in a very short time. No grocery store strawberry can come close, lets face it, the best ones are not really shippable.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.