Central FL Spring Roundup?

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Just wondering if there were any plans being made yet?

Erin

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Erin, here's a link to the DG Roundup forum - check here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/roundup/all/

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

I saw one for FL/AL, but not for central FL.

You could orchestrate one!!!!

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

I could, but my house is a mess. I think it would have to be at a park or something.

People don't have to go in your house. All the ones I have attended were held in the person's yard. If you don't want people in your house, you can rent a port-a-potty or hold it in a local park. They are tons of fun!

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Hi Erin,
We have been considering one at my place and I think near end of March. Actually everybody has had so much sickness we missed a fall one and I agree we are definitely due one.
Will keep you informed when we get a date set.
Bonnie

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Yeah, sounds good.

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

This concept sounds interesting. How many folks show up usually?

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

I've only hosted 1 and that was Oct. 22. 2011 and there were around 40. We had so many plants to swap it was amazing. Food was delicious also. Everyone brings a dish to pass so we had plenty and I cooked an electric roasting pan of spaghetti and meatballs. Had lots left over which some could take home as they had a long ride and I thought they wouldn't have to fix dinner after getting home.

We moved cows into upper pasture so we could park cars safely off the road in lower pasture. The weather was perfect so nobody was sweating. I had a nurseryman come and do a pruning demo on crepe myrtle and then we gave it away as one of the door prizes.

I think everybody enjoyed it I know I sure did but was exhausted when it was over. I got all the leftover plants and I'll bet there was about 50 I set out later. One was jewels of opar and it is huge now. Wonderful way to make new gardening friends and be able to put a face to a forum name.

David RU's are held all over the US so we aren't the only plant nuts. It's fun and a learning experience also.

Bonnie

Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

Sounds wonderful.

Please keep in mind that the last weekend of March is Easter.

I apologize for mentioning it but I'm probably not the only one that will be busy that weekend...

Candace

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

How about the first part of April. I am hoping I can start some seeds this week end and that would give them enough time I hope to be big enough by then.

Sandy

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

The first weekend in April is our master gardener sale and I can't miss that!

Erin

If I am able to come I will more that likely be bring Brandy and Linda.
That is still up in the air, the leg is doing good but I have a place on my hand where some skin was tore off the back of my hand yesterday that does not look good.

If there is any funny looking typing or spelling it is this done laptops. I am about ready to kick it across the room

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

I agree Erin.

Being that I started a ball rolling 3 years ago with the "Urban Backyard Garden Nursery" thing 3 years ago, and already have developed a good local clientele. Its a good thing!

This message was edited Jan 31, 2013 7:17 AM

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Think I'll plan for April 13th. Easter weekend for me will be busy also at church. Thanks for reminding me.

Will post more later.

Bonnie

High Springs, FL(Zone 8b)

Bonnie, that sounds like a good date. I, for one, would be able to make it there.

Norma

Oh, I wish you guys weren't 375 miles from me - I'd love to meet with all of you!

Bonnie that date sounds good to me also--now just hope the body stays in one piece LOL

sandy

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

GREAT then April 13th it is. We will all be going into spring with great expectation of great gardens and that is a great time to plant new stuff in our gardens. Can you tell I like to use the word GREAT.

Kay if you drive down I can put you up for the night. Thats too far to drive down and back in same day. Panama City Beach is just beautiful.

Bonnie

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

April 13th works for me, do we have a round up thread somewhere?

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Yes on the RU forum.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.