New Ebucket Thread, PART IV

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

bump

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

THANK YOU! What a great idea on your part, Gymgirl!

Trumbull, CT(Zone 7a)

I used E-buckets for one season, they worked well, but then decided to grow in the ground since we have a raised garden that the previous owner started. We've had
drought the last 2 or 3 years to the point of having a watering ban. I've not had good
production for about the last 3 years or so.
I'm thinking of putting the Ebuckets out in the garden to provide fresh soil and a way
to water efficiently - good idea? I don't grow a lot perhaps 2 plants or 4 in the garden
soil and two in the E-buckets. Just see which do better.

This place seems to be very quiet these days .... ?

This message was edited Apr 4, 2017 4:36 PM

Trumbull, CT(Zone 7a)

I got my old E-buckets out and remembered that the straws used for drainage usually
clogged with roots or mud and decayed in the sun so I replaced them with 1/2" copper pipe. I capped the end inside the bucket and drilled 3 1/8" holes in the cap and 12 more in the pipe - hopefully the roots will not get in there. Yes there is the upside
down colander on top of the pipe but the plentiful roots seem to find their way in there.
I think I used Al's soil amendments last time but I can't seem to find the list again. I'm
only growing tomatoes and I'll have to find his posts.
I used Fafard's potting soil the first year, and Miracle Grow other years, and added
pine bark fines everytime. I'm going to also mix in the Bumper Crop soil conditioner this year.
I'm growing Super Sweet 100s this year.
Where did everybody go on here?

Saluda, SC(Zone 8a)

PeteB7, what a pleasant surprise to check back after all these years (started e-bucket back in 2010) and find there is still interest in the e-bucket system. I personally have moved on to other gardening methods, but remember the thrill of seeing all the positive comments on how well it worked in the "old days"

How did things go this year?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.