Cats!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

A feral cat rescue (TNR & feeding) is looking for farms for feral cats that needs to be relocate to a safe area, they're spayed & neutered, just needs to be fed & safe from elements - y'all know anyone who'd be willing to give these cats a home?

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

sorry Bec, not me.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

The farm behind us is on the verge of being turned into a development (in planning stage for a long time, but now there are houses going up at one end). Without the field behind us, I don't think we can take "garden cats," even. Even with living at the end of the cul-de-sac, we're probably too close to traffic.

I was thinking it through, though, because I haven't seen a couple of outdoor cats (most looked too plump to be feral, I thought) around for a while, and they were definitely helping keep down the mice & etc.

Maybe you could ask the local extension office or Southern States to put up a notice? Barn cats are not without expense, but having them sterilized already removes one concern.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

I will - that's a great idea - my friend keeps posting on Craig's list - I keep telling her to look locally at places

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

There was a time that we had almost 30 of them. People would just see our barn and horses and would drop cats and litters of kittens off. Luckily Paws spayed all of them for us for free. At that time we could order and give our own Rabies shots for just a few $$. So we had quite a pack of nice healthy barn cats. Like Critter our area has changed as well and with our birdfeeding I wouldn't be able to take any either. I do have a friend and will ask her if she wants any.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Thank you!!!

IJAMSVILLE, MD(Zone 7a)

Bec-No-Va.
Lots of farms near me,if you haven't resolved the problem.yet let me know.I have done rescues before.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

OT -- but love to see that "y'all"ing, Bec; I can see you are getting ready for a move south!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.