Marietta Gardens

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

gosh.....I was not going to be able to buy anything from this sale.....would have loved too though......but I hate seeing that Ramona got so upset. She is trying so hard to cope with her loss. She will be missed here on DG.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Genna, it is indeed a rough period for the family. We pray that everything workout. Mike

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Thanks Mike! I appreciate the prayers. At least the kids are out of HS - and so moving isn't out of the question. We just don't want for me to try to change jobs and then him get transferred back down here! LOL.... trying to sit tight for a while and see which direction we are supposed to go.
Hopefully, it will show its face soon.............

BTW, I sent Karen a dmail to inquire if she was ok, but I haven't heard anything yet.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Ramona is a good friend in daylilies, and I hate to see her leave. I wish that I would have seen the post earlier..

Marietta Gardens has always been a class act...

Well, here is some roots, and a crown, I could show these roots (which have been cut in half for planting) and send pencil size fans - You need to know the person you are dealing with, and John Shooter is one of the best in my book..

Lyle

Thumbnail by Lyle627 Thumbnail by Lyle627
South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

Lyle:
Now those are great photos!
Very large crowns and roots.
thank-you.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

That was my point too Lyle.
I think wanting to know who you are dealing with is a legit question, but a picture of a root and crown just doesnt speak to the plant your going to get in the dalily world. I dont think Romona is leaving Daves, just didnt want to hassle with the co-op here. Thats not to say shes not.................you know ;-x.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Lyle grows great plants.....does some awesome hybridyzing as well.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.