TEA ROOM # 115

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

Sorry Al, this one chirps with a Southern drawl...grin We have a couple dozen that hang out around the bird bath and driveway...discussing their days and fussing at the doves, bluejays and myriad Chee-chees.

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone.
Its not windy, so far anyway.
Supposed to be warmer today. I hope so as its shopping day.

Moon, I like the sound of all that lovely food. Such a variety. As long as the garlic is left out, I will eat most things.
My dear Dad used to say, I must have been frightened by a cow when I was born as I dont like butter much wont touch cream and dont like milk.
I do love cheese though. A nice firm, bitey one. Dont come near me with all those soft things they call cheese...

Isnt it weird how our taste buds find things either nice or nasty ?

I love the color of the little cardinals.You have a lot of bright colored birds over there.
Here most of our native birds have quieter colors and this would be from generations of living & being able to hide in the much duller bush . Our brightest birds are usually found in the northern rain forests.

Al, I hope you have your heater ready for that cold coming.
Get more catalogues and stay inside.

Anthony, summer will get down to you eventually, after I let it past here...lol
Glad Sooty is keeping you company near the fire.
My Asiatics are slowly opening but I just cannot convince them to all open at the same time for a lovely show. Its always one or two at a time . I think they wait to see what the one next to them will do...

Teresa, you are the one who took my warm weather. Send it back.
How is the weasel going ? Not jumping in any more water ?

Dianne, I love Zabeel, but my favorite horse years ago was Dhaulagiri. I used to follow him in every race. Of course it was only a dollar or two, but he was a great horse.
I loved going to the races to see old Subzero too. I think I must have had a small bet on every one of his races.
After he retired from racing, I used to go see him working at the racecourse every time I went . So nice to give him a pat.

Hello Charleen, Chrissy, Elaine and anyone else coming in for a cuppa.

I had better see what is in the kitchen for morning tea.

Here we are ....Chocolate Ginger Slice...

enjoy the day.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
barmera, Australia

Good morning everyone. The weather has been quite nippy here, but is supposed to warm up for the weekend. The boys had their camp cancelled because of hot weather and high winds and then yesterday they had their splash day and it was very cool. Can't seem to win with the weather. How's the Christmas shopping going everyone? I've nearly got mine done. I wish that the bills wouldn't come and interrupt my spending. lol My favourite horse would have to be one called KIWI. He won the Melbourne Cup in about 1983. I had just moved into this house with my 3 boys and was living, or rather existing, on the sole parent pension at the time. I was in a sweep and got KIWI and he won me $1000. I bought a new lounge suite and a lovely book case. We were estatic to have something new. I hope everyone is well. Have a great day and I'll see you again soon. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris
Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

i'm here. wish you all could have see Charley this afternoon. He had gotten up in to his hay trailer and was watching something down in the woods. Ears Straight up. He was beautiful. then he turned around and went running down to fence line. I never did see anything. figured it may have been a dog or someone walking in woods. Just so they don't hurt my babies I don't care... He finally came back up and started eating hay again. such is the adventures of Charley the mule. He was so beautiful trotting across the pasture...

Clifton Springs, Australia

Jean, like you I saw Dhaulagiri many times, I had forgotten how good he was...check his record.
http://www.racerate.com/Dhaulagiri.htm
Tullock was always my favourite......Like you, living near the racecourses made it possible to go often...

Ray was working at Flemington then, Colleen and he said to tell you that he watched Kiwi come down the outside in the pouring rain, Away went Kiwi and away went Ray's money..lol...he said he feels better now, knowing that you profited from it..

Anthony, I'll have you know that my cousin Valree is 4ft 11ins and yet I've seen grown men cry once she starts...under that steel grey bob, she is a tyrant...if Zabeel had bit her, she would have bitten him back....if she wants help in a shop, she turns into a doddering old lady, but if the salesperson ignores her, then lookout......and even though she is really my second cousin, I do love her...

Incidently Cambridge stud gave her a Zabeel cap,a dvd and a week after she came home they posted her a hardcover book on their most famous horse, Sir Tristram....see they were scared of her too.

Ok moon, moon it is....the cardinals are very pretty aren't they...
Dianne.

Thumbnail by Seachanger
Christchurch, New Zealand

the first racehorse I fell for was Uncle Remus :)
Mum bought us kids a scrapbook each & we would go through old magazines & the papers for pictures to cut out & glue in.
Mine was full of the racing pages!
Still have them somewhere, Mum hung on to them for us. Real blast form the past.
I like Zabeel for what he has given to the NZ racing scene.
I had $10 set aside to back Champagne & Jezabeel in the Melbourne cup 1998 - both by Zabeel & for some reason I thought a trifecta with Persian Punch would be the go...
well those horses came in, paid big, if I'd had the time to back them I would have made a few grand

My favourite horse ever has to be Sunline, a stroppy mare with a competitive streak - I was in tears when I heard she had been euthanised when laminitis became too bad & they put her out of her misery.

My dogs love horses, Chita used to wander at will in amongst the horses grazing along the river where we walked. When Haski tried to politely say hello he was almost brained for his trouble.
There are horses in the paddock behind dog club & they seem very keen on spotty dogs - have seen one busy licking Chita while the spotty minx was busy sniffing along the fence line & barely noticed the extra attention.

Copper surprised me by being very keen on the horses & also being very gentle sniffing noses when they put their heads over the fence.
Sugar bowls up to them & stands up against the wire to say hi, she is all tail wags & licking noses.

Charley is getting off his hay trailer. These donkeys couldn't care less what he was interested in.
Here is newest Iris I made for a friend.
I used a translucent clay and it is so pretty....
Love the horses .

Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone.
A lovely day yesterday after a cold and showery start.
By late morning I had taken my jumper off and it was enjoyable doing the shopping in the sun.
Became cloudy later but stayed warm. I found no plants at all but did buy fertiliser for the greedy brugs.
We are going to Mt Gambier next Monday, so I will look for plants there.

Charleen, Charley looks very smug there showing how clever he is about getting onto the trailer.
The donkeys all look so cuddley
I like the new iris you made too.
Clever lady.

Teresa, I am glad that tornado was not down your way. So sad for the people in its way.
Sugar probably thinks that horses are just big dogs to play with.

Dianne, I had to laugh at the description of your cousin. I can be just like that too.
Very nice older lady but dont mess with me or you will be sorry.
My Dad always wondered where my temper came from and taught me from a very young age to be in complete control of it.
Huuby always laughs and says he will send me in if he ever needs to be firm with anyone.

Colleen, I always say the same thing about bills.
I always say to hubby that there must be a conspiracy among the companies out there, to send their bills at Christmas .
Luckily I have, for many years, always paid the main bills per fortnight so we are usually always in credit. Makes getting the bills much more pleasant , looking at a credit instead whats owed.

Hello Moon and Al. Hope you are still enjoying mild weather.
We only seem to see US weather news if there is a case of extreme weather like tornados etc.

Hello to anyone else looking in.
I am off to go over to Casterton. Hubby has an appointment so I will look in shops and maybe have a cuppa and a cake
The bakery there is one of the best I have seen.

Heres something tasty for your morning tea....Cherry Pie ( with cream of course )
Happy day.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

we seem to be having more tornadoes here, or perhaps they are just happening in populated areas...
my Step Dad used to live in the street where the chaps were killed.
it was very wet & windy here today, only 10C!
meant to be fine tomorrow & Sunday which is good since I am showing Sugar & will be outdoors.
There are 9 Dalmatians entered but I have no idea what age or sex the others are so it will be interesting to see who turns up.
Fingers crossed for a Challenge - she has to be Best Bitch for that & when we gain 8 challenges under 3 different judges she gets her Champion title.
We don't have any challenges yet - she has been up against very nice competition so far, but who knows - tomorrow might be the day:)

Best of luck Teresa. We will be rooting for Sugar and you.

Good Morning Everyone.

Still on the warm side here. Rained for 3 days and today the fog is thick as molasses but weatherman says it should burn off and be a sunny day...we shall see if their odds at reporting have improved.

Have a lovely weekend

Moon

Send some up here, Moon. we need some rain. Supposed to get some Monday, hubby said.
Teresa, I hope you and Sugar will get blessed and go to the top of the field....
I read Japan had another Quake in same area as last year. So sad. :-(
I love making that iris. I am amazed at the way things come out. Thank you...
Bright, sunny and cool but not a bad day, at all...
Have a wonderful, safe weekend, my friends.
Love and nuzzles
Charleen and critters

Here ya go Charleen...looks like you may get a little rain over the weekend with some good chances for Monday and Tuesday. Fingers crossed for you.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Barnesville+GA+30204:4:US

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Dalmatians can be such handsome dogs. A good friend at the local fire company has a beauty that sits proudly on top of the big red engine for city parades. I didn't realize until recently that they are also good bird hunters when we took him on a pheasant run with the labradors. Wow! - Wonderful dog, and well behaved, too.

Good Luck with your competition Teresa (and Sugar) !

Al

Hope so Moon. Sure is beautiful today, tho...Thank you....

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone.
I am a bit late opening the doors this morning. Had to go out and finish the watering early as its supposed to be very hot today.
I did most of it yesterday late afternoon.
Hopefully the wind , which has died down since early this morning , will stay calm as the country around is very dry with lots of long grass.
There have been numerous bushfires in other states, but we are normally a little later with the fire season.
Sounds awful to have a fire season doesnt it ? A fact of life in dry areas though.

Moon , nice to see you are still having some lovely weather.

Charleen, I havent any rain to send you.

Teresa, best of luck with Sugar, I hope she wins everything.

hello to Al, Anthony, Dianne and everyone else popping for a welcome cuppa.

I am off outside again to do a few more things while its cool.

Stay safe and enjoy this ...Banana Caramel Cake..

Happy day
Jean

Thumbnail by 77sunset

thanks for the good wishes folks.
We had an early start & it was raining on & off.
One entire breed was awol so it got to our turn much faster than expected.
Sugar was a bit hyper as a result but managed to win Junior of breed.
It came out sunny later & we enjoyed the outing.

well I had a nice nana nap after posting here... when I woke up I went out to the garden & saw some of my lilies have opened :)
pulled a few weeds from around them, and once i started with the weeds I couldn't stop.
So I pulled quite a few weeds & then got stuck in to my herb garden.
I removed a huge parsley that had gone to seed & a rosemary that I planted as a cutting & forgot to move.
I took a cutting from that & planted it & dug out an old twiggy thyme & broke off cuttings to replace it, dug out some different thymes from pots & planted them in the herb garden as well along with some lettuce seedlings I found under the roses while i was weeding there.
Nice afternoons work & hopefully the cuttings will take & my garden will look a bit better.
I also earthed up the potato in the herb garden - I've never grown spuds before so this is a bit of an experiment.

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone.
A beautiful morning here. Lovely and sunny but cool.
Yesterdays cool change was very good after the heat of the day.
I did get out and plant some pumpkins, cucumbers and zucchinis.
Not many zucchinis as I never forget what happened years ago when new to zucchinis, I planted the whole packet of seeds. I was trying to give away zucchinis for ages.
Some that were left on the plants would have won an award for the biggest one ever...lol

Teresa, how clever of Sugar to win . I hope she gets a nice bone for Christmas.
Your garden will be nice & tidy now, all ready for the next crop of weeds...lol
Dont they annoy you, when, after all your hard work, they just casually move back in...

Charleen, hope you are getting a little rain there at last.
Pat the furry ones . I didnt see Charley anywhere this morning.

Dianne, did you enjoy the cool change ?
From looking at the news, it seems that you had a lot of wind which we didnt get, thank goodness.

Hello Al, Moon, Chrissy, Anthony and everyone else in for their cuppa.
I am off to water and take a few more epi pics.
Going to be a lovely day so I hope it continues tomorrow when we pop over to Mt Gambier.

Enjoy this yummy treat ....Chocolate & Rum Truffles....( I know the fellas will )

Happy day
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

Yes Jean, it was extremely windy here, unfortunately a lot of my pots were blown over by the time we came home...nothing damaged though thank goodness......
We went to Traralgon to visit another cousin.....it's a 6 hr round trip so we only see each other once a year and this year was our turn...

On our way home the temperature was around 40c, near Lara, so when the radio announcer said that there must be something wrong with his information, because it was only 22c in Geelong, it's a wonder you didn't hear me cheering....then we ran into a really bad dust storm, you couldn't see the You Yangs and it was just near the spot we had passed that morning where that terrible accident happened a few hours before, that took 5 lives.

The temperature dropped nearly 18c in about 5 mins....

Well done Sugar.....she is learning, Teresa...

Jean. I got the dates mixed up and I thought that you were in Mt Gambier today.....
So have a good day tomorrow...lol

Did you get any rain, Charleen?
Hi, moon and Al, hope you are having a good weekend...
The Liliums are trying very hard, Anthony.....
Dianne....

little miss Sugar totally bombed out at the show today...
not that I mind, it meant an early finish &it was such a nice day we took her to the dog park on the way home, she got to run & play & swim with all the other dogs there.
Being a Sunday it was pretty crowded & Sugar had no trouble finding other dogs to chase her.
Now we are at home & out side, Copper is sprawled out asleep on the deck & Sugar is lying on the grass for now.
She keeps moving around looking for the best spot - she was asleep in the sun on the deck, then moved to the shade, has run around barking at birds, licked my feet,pestered Copper & generally had a wonderful afternoon topped by the fact that I am out here too.
They love being outside but would rather be where the people are at so if we are inside they bark at the door.
Or in Sugar's case try to dig through the door.

This message was edited Dec 9, 2012 3:01 PM

Almost blown away here ...30C, then brrrrrrr,cold wind bringing down trees around the place.

I hope everyone is coping ok.
Isn't this cute ?

*。*./ .˛* .˛.*.★* *★ 。*
˛. (´• ̮•)*˛°*/.♫.♫*˛.* ˛_Π_____. * ˛*
.°( . • . ) ˛°./• '♫ ' •.˛*./______/~\*. ˛*.。˛* ˛. *。
*(...'•'.. ) *˛╬╬╬╬╬˛°.|田田 |門|╬╬╬╬ .
¯˜"*°••°*"˜¯`´¯˜"*°••°*"˜¯` ´¯˜"*°´¯˜"*°••°*"˜¯`´¯˜"*°

chrissy

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone.
A lovely cool morning here, but will warm nicely later.
We are off early this morning. I am looking forward to having a good look around the shops and we will enjoy a nice lunch at the Chinese place.
Mt Gambier has some beautiful gardens which I will also be looking at .
Lots of things to do before we leave so I had better get moving.

Hello to everyone.. You will have to make your own cuppa when you want one.

I will see you all later.

Enjoy this tasty plate of .....Chocolate Eclairs

Happy day
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

Hi everyone ...cold still and damp. Big heat yesterday then lots of cold wind blowing in a cold change ! amongst other debris hurtling past.

Jean thankyou for the seeds ^_^

I hope everyone is having a busy and happy day/ or enjoyable evening ^_^ christmas is fast upon us.

chrissy

Thumbnail by

here's a first - dogs trained to drive a car!
http://www.facebook.com/drivingdogs

Loved it!! Driving dogs are smart dogs....

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone.
Its chilly here, but like yesterday, should warm up a bit later.

We had a lovely day in Mt Gambier yesterday.
The weather was perfect and we had a good wander around the shops.
I bought a few things in Big W as they had a sale on.
Nice t-shirts for $4.
I also checked out the nursery I wanted to visit, but it was closed.

We had a yummy lunch from the Chinese place up in the new Big W shopping center.
Very reasonable prices where you choose a plate size then help yourself.
I always like to try a little bit of everything at these food places.
Asking me to help myself when food is involved is like asking a dog if he likes a bone....LOL

We had tea & coffee from another shop which was giving free donuts with the drinks.
I did decline the offer, but later in the afternoon, we called back in for another cuppa and had the donuts.

It was so much easier to call in there again for the cuppa as there is no hassle with getting around through too many streets , traffic lights and car park idiots as you get back in the town center.

We went to Bunnings also. I found some beautiful small flowered fuchsias for only $2,95 each.I bought 3 and they are a nice size already from which I will get plenty of cuttings.

At the large Masters hardware up at the Big W center, I also found heaps of plants at bargain prices.

Very nice azaleas for only $1.95. I came home with 8 of those. I had to stop myself buying even more hydrangeas too. I could have filled the car with plants but I was very restrained...A nice red buddlea did find its way into the car.

The drive over and back is always interesting as one may see wildlife. Nothing seen yesterday though.
The countryside is going brown very fast now with so much long grass everywhere.

Today, I will be repotting all my little bargains.

Saw some of those magnetic curtains that have been on TV. As we have plenty of flies here I thought we should try some , being only $10 .... They are a lot dearer on the TV ad.
Hubby put one up on the back door and it does look good and works well. The magnets are very good at keeping the gap closed quickly.

Better see whats going on in the kitchen . The elves are starting to pack up ready to leave for the North Pole for Christmas.

I have a couple of visiting gnomes to do some cooking , but I feel they would rather be out in the garden...

Teresa, you had better watch out or Sugar will be taking the car if she saw that clip.
She certainly is one entertaining dog, and its nice to see her efforts rewarded at the shows.

Charleen, where is Charley ? Is he sulking because I gave Abigail an extra cookie ?
He will have to visit and bring his little cookie bag. I will fill it for him for Christmas.

Hello Al, hope you are not getting cold too quickly there.

Moon , are you still enjoying getting about in the sunshine, or has winter arrived ?

Anthony, I also bought Oriental liliums yesterday. There was a whole tray of them so I grabbed 3 . All done flowering so I have no idea of color, but I will put them in the ground and wait .
Some have 2 stems in the pots.

Dianne, you would have loved all the plant bargains.
I will have to sell more plants and go back myself...lol

Heres a treat for you all for morning tea....Ginger Sponge.

I am off to pot all my bargains.

Enjoy the day
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

Restrained!!!! what restraint did you show.......Buddleias, Azaleas,Fuschias, Liliums...... Sounds as though you had a wonderful day, Jean..
Nice lunch and afternoon tea with donuts....it's back into the garden for you..lol

What did you think of Masters? apart from the bargains you got.....which sound great....

I was thinking of getting one of those curtains for Pete, it would be handy for his dogs going in and out....

I'm off to the hardware store to get a paint roller, I'm going to paint the bedroom....
Have a good day everyone...enjoy your potting Jean.
Dianne

Merino, Australia

Dianne, I was restrained.....by hubby....lol
I would have loved some of the hydrangeas at the cheap price, but where would I put them at home ?
I have to think first and buy later....
I thought the gardening section of Masters was excellent.
Hubby wasnt too wrapped in the rest of the store because they didnt have what he wanted.
It seems to be quite good really. You can get lost.

I was surprised to see the good bargains at Bunnings further over on the other side of town.
They usually dont have much in the way of bargains.

Here a few of my epis to make you all feel good.
I have just sold 100 cuttings from them on eBay.
You would not know I had taken any bits as they grow so much every year.
If anyone wants any epi cuttings, . let me know .. (free for my garden friends.)
Jean.

This message was edited Dec 11, 2012 11:14 AM

Thumbnail by 77sunset Thumbnail by 77sunset Thumbnail by 77sunset Thumbnail by 77sunset Thumbnail by 77sunset

I think she need a little garden wagon for all her plant purchases. I know she enjoyed it..
Yes Charley is pouting. I was giving him some horse cookies this morning and he told me you were being bad to him. Cause he forgot to put his cookie sack on. He said "Abigail, better watch out or I'll do my Mule Dance on her again, she won't get away this time."
I think Tbo, has outgrown his little bed....Poor puppy.

Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Merino, Australia

Ha ha , Charleen, its not a bed now, its a pillow....lol.
Tell Charley I still love him and will save a special cuddle for him.
Jean.

What a lovely show there Jean ...congratulations on your sales. ^_^ and your haul of goodies.

That is one cute little bub you have there Charleen.

Have fun painting Dianne.

Have a great day everyone !

chrissy

western sydney nsw, Australia

Just saying HI and a wave as I pass. .----------elaine.

my garden tonight...

Thumbnail by dalfyre Thumbnail by dalfyre Thumbnail by dalfyre Thumbnail by dalfyre Thumbnail by dalfyre

Waving back Elaine and everyone !

Check this out !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-iIeoLwfU2o

Santa Gangnam style lol !
Just had to share it.

chrissy

This message was edited Dec 11, 2012 8:15 PM

rosetta TASMANIA, Australia

hello!-Royal Sunset on the left Teresa.,.Sorry, I cant stand the gangyam thing

Beautiful blooms, love them all.
What does Gangnam mean???? i watched it and them watched the doggy one. Loved it!!!
Need to do a mule-gangnam style!!! (hahahaha)

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone. quite hot here yesterday and even warmer today so I am off to get a few things done before the heat gets here. The mornings are lovely and cool so I get outside early . Lots to pot still so I will see you all later.

Teresa, your garden is lovely.

Cant say I like that Gangnam thing either, Anthony.
Give me real music anytime. I guess I'm stuck in the 50s.

Charleen, I can just picture Charley doing a wild mule dance...lol

Heres a treat for morning tea. .....Chocolate Mint Brownies

Stay safe everyone.
Jean

Thumbnail by 77sunset

Glad you enjoyed the Gangnam style spoof Charleen, I thought it a hoot ^_^

Gangnam style thingy is has been a huge Novelty hit around the World ...most people are Gangnam Styled out by now.
A one off hit for sure, sort of in the vein of Disco Duck etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRPpXCTqJB4

Have a lovely day/evening everyone
chrissy

Merino, Australia

Something to brighten your day.
Here are 3 pics of an epi. Shows how virus can affect the bloom color without really bothering the plant.

pic 1 is a borrowed pic of the original plant my cuttings came from.
pic 2 is last years bloom on mine.
pic 3 is this years bloom on the same plant
I love it anyway
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset Thumbnail by 77sunset Thumbnail by 77sunset

Gangnam Style is a satire on a small wealthy suburb in Korea...
the subtext makes the whole thing more amusing.

Thanks for the id on that lily Anthony, I did notice a striking resemblance to the one you posted in the lilium thread.

There is a house up the road with massive yellow lilies, possibly asiatics, the stems aren't that tall but the flowers are at least the side of a bread & butter plate.
Really strong golden yellow & glossy.... the rest of their garden is bare dirt punctuated by the odd annual & weeds.
Certainly makes the lilies stand out.
They are too far away from the footpath to get a photo, shame as I'd liked to share them with you all.

Thumbnail by dalfyre

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.