Happy Holiday

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Hope you all have a good turkey day.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

Thanks, Willow. You too! That's a beautiful aster.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Are you as sad as I am about no one being on here anymore? I'm considering not renewing. You and I are the only old ones left I think. Very sad.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

I am sad about it too, but I do understand a large number of people went through big life changes all at about the same time and I guess they needed to prioritize time differently. I hope you stay. I don't mind if it is a small group, though the big active group we had was fun, and diverse input and ideas interesting. I would be happy to come out to visit again and help you out sometime in your garden...April or this Summer. I did renew in August. I decided I still like to look at Plant Files sometimes and occasionally look up information in other forums. I know I haven't been able to share much while I am in college, since deadlines are constantly over my head, but when I am done this Spring, I hope to have more to say and pictures/ideas to toss around.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

I have been spending time on the Plant ID forum and a few others just looking around. Most of that info is for the east and mid-west
You are welcome to come over anytime. It must be so satisfying to accomplish such a huge goal. It is really something to admire. Only a few more months. Wow.
I think my renewel us in January.
We had such a good dinner at my DD's. I told her I was too old now to make gravy but she didn't believe me. I turned 74 this week.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

Happy Birthday!!

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Thanks.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

I am still here! Yes, so many interesting people have left. Interesting women make for strong personalities & maybe we all butted heads too much? (Or, at least, I should have kept my mouth shut more often.)

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

Summerkid, please don't blame yourself. I think it is more likely people were engaged in garden conversation here for a time, and for personal reasons needed to focus energy more in other places in their lives. There has been illness, family needs, and just changes of life activities. I have also wondered if I said or did something, or didn't respond in a helpful enough way. I have very little time for gardening or forum participation right now due to being in college and also working full time, but I really enjoy a break here now and then.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Hi Summer, I'm glad you are still here. I wouldn't take anything said here too much to heart. It is hard to get meaning and sound of voice across with just words on paper. Hope we get more people in the spring.

South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

Happy Holiday Season to all in the Pacific Northwest and across the world.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

I really miss Laurie from England. Anyone in touch with her?

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

I liked her also and Judy from Portland.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Hi Everyone,
Life does effect how much time can be spent on Dave's garden. I do miss spending more time here and really miss doing my photography...but life changes. I hope to get back to all the fun stuff soon. Oldest daughter expecting my first grandchild (girl... to be named Lily...love it!!) and my youngest daughter getting married in July 13.in West Virginia. ..not thrilled about the location as home is Oregon,but will attend and pay for it. :( Also had a cancer scare this summer/fall but fortunately I challenged the Dr's and I do not have cancer.(leukemia) .I had to do the research and request the new blood test etc.. I am so sick of medical industry now.... but I was right and they were very wrong... Now I am stuck with the unnecessary medical bills...which would have bought many nice things for the grandchild, the wedding and plants of course!! Hope to be back in full swing this next spring & summer.
Had beautiful Dahlia's this summer..

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Hi Bea, Well you certainly have enough on your hands. So happy to hear you don't have cancer and hooray for your daughters.
We went in today to DH;s Parkinsons Dr and he said I have to get some help with him. After this last year I can really use some relief. Should be interesting.

Beautiful Dahlia.

I have a green hummingbird at my feeder. I have seen him? a few times so I put out a feeder. It only took a day for him to find it. That put a smile on my face.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Willow..sorry to hear your DH is ill. Hope you can find a good care giver to help with him. It is important that you take care of yourself. I have seen many hummingbird out in my garden. Must get fresh feed out there tomorrow for them.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Oh, Bea & Willow, my heart goes out to both of you.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Thanks summer and Bea.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

Willow and Bea, I'm so sorry about your and your families' debilitating illness, and illness scares. Thinking of you.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.