First 2013 catalog

Dayton, WA

Received my first garden catalog for 2013 yesterday, from Twilley. They seem to come a little earlier each year, but I never know who will be the first. Anyione else get their first catalog, and from which company?

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

I am envious- I can't wait for mine to arrive! My favorite winter pastime is browsing all the pages and planning for spring, as the snow flies!

Dayton, WA

Jo, do you have any favorite companies that you buy from? I share your Winter pastime of dreaming and scheming and planning next year's garden.

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

High Mowing Seeds has sent theirs out already, but I'm on the digital edition.

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

I have received Stokes, Twilley, and HPS. I especially like Stokes, Twilley, and Willhite.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I got Twilley, Stokes, HPS, & a minor company that was very expensive & poor selection of seeds.
I order from Totally Tomatoes, Tomato Growers Supply, Johnny's, Harris Seeds, Reimer Seeds, Evergreen Seeds, Gourmet, & Jordan Seeds. Each has certain varieties I like. Stokes will get an order, because a couple new things caught my eye.

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

Got HPS Friday. They appear to be the early bird among cataloguers.

On looking through the pictures of their geraniums, I happened to notice that the colors of many varieties in the catalog were somewhat different from the equivalent image in their on-line site. My wife is very insistent about wanting a dark red geranium and I don't know which picture to believe. Does anyone know if color reproduction is generally truer in catalogs than online? I suspect that there may be no definite answer to that.

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

What is HPS?

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

http://www.hpsseed.com/ It is another Jung affiliate.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Just got my mail, no catalogs today.

Hutto, TX(Zone 8b)

My first catalog was the Dixondale onion catalog. I'll receive my plants and be transplanting in about 3 weeks! Normally I've already ordered most of my seeds online before I get many catalogs. Spring growing season starts here in February, so seeds have to be ordered in early January...

David

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

Dixondale, Botanical Interests, White Flower Farm (not seed, but still...). I've gotten a couple of notices that the 2013 catalog was up on the websites, but I want the hard copies for my Christmas vacation!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Stokes catalog came last week. Today was the redesigned Pinetree catalog.

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

High Mowing came today.

I did download their digital version but will seldom use it .

Too uncomfortable trying to relax on the love seat
with the PC balanced on my lap :D

League City, TX(Zone 9a)

I got the Dixondale catalog but only because I asked for it recently. I think I dropped off the mailing lists from the others due to inactivity :(

I'll have to request a few catalogs real soon...

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Save paper, just type in your favorite companies & use their on line sites. Much nicer than a paper catalog anyhow.

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

To me, online catalogs just don't do it- there's nothing like relaxing in the evening after all the work is done and browsing through those slick pages! My first ones came today- Totally Tomatoes & Vermont Seeds

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Baker Creek came today, one of my favs.

Monte Vista, CO(Zone 4a)

Just ordered some yellow Brandywine tomato seeds. Although I didn't see that variety in my new Seedsavers Exchange catalog I received today, I will have many hours of pouring-over time with that catalog. I remember when my mother used to get a lot of seed catalogs. It was almost (almost) a holy time around our house, lol.

Warrenton, VA

OOOHHHH...You all are making me froth at the mouth........it's that time! And I'm NOT talking about Christmas! Now, is there anything quite like a hot bath with tons of steam and that favorite seed catalog getting wet in your handsies? Huh? I dare you to come up with ANYTHING that compares! HA!
I USED to order from Burpees. But now I want to branch out (pardon the pun) and totally avoid Monsanto products. It is interesting to read your thoughts about catalogs!

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Seeds of Change... looking forward to quiet time this weekend.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I order some things from a company called neseed.
My order came today. All packets had printed on them, non GMO seed.
Ordered it monday because it was last day for 15% off sale.
My Geronimo tomatoes only cost $42.50 from neseed with that discount. Johnnys wanted $59.95 & their shipping is higher.
Bernie

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

Totally Tomatoes today for me! I love alliteration!

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

First seed order from a catalog (Pinetree) came yesterday, plus Park, Bluestone and Totally Tomatoes catalogs.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Baker Creek came last week. I have made out my wish list. Im going to check out some of the ones you guys listed.

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

I love Pinetree seeds ~ looking at Totally Tomatoes too tonight also got Vermont Bean Seed Co.

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

Got Pinetree today! I love them, too....

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Jeez I feel left out. I haven't even gotten Baker Creek or TT and I order from them all the time. It does seem like it takes a couple more days for the mail to get here but not this long!

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

I have Baker Creek, Park, Johnny's, Seed Saver's Exchange and High Mowing so far.

I got Stokes a couple of weeks ago but I really want BC and TT I place more then one order a year, with both of them. If they don't come soon ill have to call, it's not like I have anything else to do this time of year.

Dayton, WA

Yeah, the catalogs have been the slowest in coming of any year I can remember. Apparently Nichol's Garden Nursery doesn't even put out a paper catalog anymore. Ordering online is fine, but it's hard to beat a well illustrated paper catalog for Winter day browsing.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

You will notice some catalogs tell you to go their web site for a bigger selection.
Every variety on the web site has a picture, some catalogs do not.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Got Pinetree catalog. It has been here for several days and H did not tell me. That is just cruel. LOL

Got TT and Vermont Bean today (same company) I can to the website but I like the paper catalogs better.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I like the paper catalogs too. I have gardening friends at church so I take my catalogs and we ooh and ahh together after service.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Are they being delivered late this year? Only ones I've received so far are Baker Creek and Bluestone Perennials.

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

They don't seem late to be this year... of course since I got mine that may be influencing my opinion!

I even sat down and ordered the seeds I need today, plus a fair amount I don't. I need to fill out my trade list on DG to get rid of some of my "failures" but now I don't have anything I want in return.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I tried to put some seeds on my have list and I fill out the cultivar and then it says did I mean cultivar unknown. What's up with that? I gave up.

Warrenton, VA

Well, I found a company that I am going with for 2013: "Southern Exposure Seeds." I really liked their products, description, and most of all, suitability for my area! We'll see how they do...but I am relieved to have found such a company, and to be done with my ordering!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Pinetree and Totally Tomatoes have arrived here ,did buy some great white tomato seeds the other day , never have been able to grow white tomatoes either,keeps me hoping though^_^

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.