My order from Bob at Blueridge

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

I just ordered 5 more from Bob on the LA. I got ORANGE ELECTRIC, TROPICAL HEAT WAVE, SPACECOAST FANCY DANCER, RED RAMPAGE & LAURA HARWOOD. All triple fans for 9.99. In September I purchased about 11 from him on eBay and got about 7 bonus plants. They were also 9.99 each but they were double fans, that's why I like him on La better. You get triple fans for the same price. Here is the eBay order:

Thumbnail by virginiarose
Wyoming, MN

I also like the height at which Bob trims his plants. some I have received from others are so short that it takes them longer to get established. I think that is why I got to see so many of my new purchases from him bloom. I know it is generally recommended that you cut off scapes on new plants, but I think that is for me to decide.

Gary

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

You are right about that! Come to think about it, looks like most were triple fans anyway. :)

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

I've pretty much always gotten triple fans from my Ebay orders from him. Often four fans. Those look great, viginiarose.

Karen

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I have viewed some of his offers on the LA ,,sometime ,,those are really nice,If someone would of told me how the daylilies could look when we talking about them and genetics fifty years ago,I could not even imagine what has become!!
Really nice work the Hybridizers do, incredible ,from pro's and gardeners alike...

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Hi everyone,

I am already looking at some more plants from Bob! I am wondering if any of you have any experience with these. They are all quite tall and quite colorful. I was going to buy them on the LA, as was said before....triple fans.

If anyone has these, please let me know how it has fared in your yard.

DESIREE (late)
JAZZ AFTER FIVE (df one of bob's)
HEAVENLY DRAGON FIRE (df)
ISABEL MARAFFI (df a nice double by Trimmer)
SWEDISH NIGHTINGALE
MAXFIELD PARRISH
TWILIGHT SECRETS
HIGH ROLLER
PEACOCK MAIDEN (a UFO)

Also, any experience with CURVE on the LA?

I like CEDAR SHINGLES, APACHE UPRISING, WHITE HOUSE LADY AND ANDREW CHRISTIAN

Thanks, Linda

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Curve is very nice, he has nothing but good feedback and is a good communicator, I like his prices and selection. I ordered ten for spring delivery.

susan

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

I have gotten several from Curvin. I am very pleased with his plants.
White House Lady showing different faces.

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Hmnnnnn

The picture I saw of White House Lady was a very large bloom with petals and sepals falling backward so looking nothing like yours.

Thanks

Linda

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

If you google it you will see the various forms. Got mine from Curvin also.

Toledo, OH

Linda, I have High Roller and love it. too bad I don't know how to post pictures to the computer. It is one I would replace if it did not survive. It has grown very well for me.I do not have any of the others you have asked about.I have Heavenly Dragon Fire on my wish list. My son gave me Heavenly Energizer and Heavenly Doppler Effect and I had gotten Heavenly Beginnings from Bob a couple years ago. All are very nice.My son has Jazz After Five and really likes it. Karen

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Let's start a new thread for curvin, I would like to talk more about this seller.

White HOuse Lady is very beautiful. :)

My order from Blueridge has been shipped, I told him he could. Bob is such an easy person to work with! Here is what I am getting, does anyone have any of these?

ORANGE ELECTRIC
TROPICAL HEAT WAVE
SPACECOAST FANCY DANCER
RED RAMPAGE
LAURA HARWOOD

All triple fans. :)

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Got my order in today! received Christie Dixon, Cochineal Canvas, Jungle Butterfly, and Forever Island as my gifts. They are big healthy plants as usual, and they are triple fans too. I think I may have Jungle Butterfly already...... but if I do, it is one of the first one's I purchased from the coop from Dan Hansen that I lost the tag too.... but the name sure sounds familiar. But, now I know I have it and I can add it to my excel sheet where I am trying to track my DLs.

Now, to just get them in the ground. Probably won't happen today because the mail just ran and it is almost dark here. Plus, I got up super early this morning because my youngest son had surgery this morning and spent the biggest part of the day at the hospital. It never ceases to amaze me how exhausting the sitting and waiting is ! :)

Maybe tomorrow when I get off work.......

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Thanks Karen and Mike & Genna.....

I think I'lll go ahead and get them all! I was kind of trying to knock a few out of that list so it would be less money, but I really like all of them. Even the evergreens do pretty well here as long as they get enough water.

I'm digging up the Mexican Primrose that has rooted itself where I had my tree removed, then I'll add some soil and compost to the sand, set up the drip system (I already have some in that area anyway) and dig it down a little deeper and "voila" I will have a nice new daylily bed.!

My only concern is the wind. This particular spot is pretty much in the open, so hope these tall ones don't tumble over. I'm going to have them shipped in May instead of trying to get them going now. I think they will have a better start that way. Who knows, I might even get some blooms next summer. LOL

ViginiaRose, I don't have any of those particular lilys, but sure do have a bunch from Bob. He has been so good to me the last few years and I always go back to him. When I buy from Bob, I always check them on his website, Blooming Auction, the LA and E-Bay, because his prices can vary. These ones that I want are off the LA and he had said he was trying to clean out a few, so I'm pretty sure that's why they are mostly triple fans. I also compare what he is asking for his plants to other sellers, and his prices are usually less....not always, but usually.

Linda

After this, I will have one of Benz's red ones.... Apache Uprising !

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

I got my order from Bob today, I ordered five and got five bonus plants. The bonuses were CINDERELLA STORY, COCHINEAL CANVAS, JUNGLE BUTTERFLY, CHRISTINE DIXON, FOREVER ISLAND.

Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose
Cartersville, GA

We got our order today from Bob Selman at Blue Ridge Daylilies. I had bought 2 Dancing On Air TF from the Lily Auction Store. Instead of receiving 6 fans, we got 11 fans! We will have a huge instant clump of blooms next summer. I will space them out a little so both clumps will have some space for growth. It is later than I would prefer to be receiving daylilies, but the other option was to wait until May to receive them when they would be facing a hot, dry summer here. I will throw some alfalfa pellets and milorganite in the holes and mulch well and that should help them to get through the winter. It does not get "really" cold here (for our area of the country) until January, so they still have time to adjust. I am still planting and moving daylilies anyway. He also sent two bonus plants (Christine Dixon and Jungle Butterfly) that could go in the red, white, and blue bed that I am making. I told him that Dancing On Air was going in this bed. I did not take pictures to show you, but have the roots soaking in water and SuperThrive.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Linda, the only ones I'm familiar with of the ones you're getting are PEACOCK MAIDEN and HEAVENLY DRAGON FIRE, both of which I'd like to get. I'll have to look those other ones up to see what they look like.

Viginiarose, those latest daylilies from Bob look great.

Casshigh, that's fantastic. Love it when I get big clumps.

Karen

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Wow, love those! Thanks a lot, now my want list is even longer.

Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.