REVENGE

Longboat Key, FL

While you guys have been bragging about your fabulous producers, we down here have been suffering with just our mangos and figs and starfruit. And as you are cleaning up the remants of the really good stuff, we are just starting.

So here are this year's set of candidates for the purloined Campari and Mountain Magic VFF race.

Be well

(o_O)

Thumbnail by flyboyFL
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well I'm already jealous!!! But ya know", We get to shovel snow!! and you don't HUH!!! DUH!!! WHAT!!! LOL!!

Longboat Key, FL

Don't get carried away. I was not born here -- seems like nobody (except Native Americans) was born here.

It was tough getting uses to NOT planting tomatoes on Memorial Day -- and trying to have them all picked before the first frost. Uggghhh.

Be well

(o_O)

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

flyboyFL, I must be starting to become a died-in-the-wool DG'er. I've been looking forward to your fall/winter tomato adventures for this year! The seedlings look good so far, can't wait to see more photos.

By the way, my two sons were born in FL.

Longboat Key, FL

terri~

I apologize for not finishing my pronouncement about being born in Florida. When we first arrived here there was a Letter to the Editorof the local paper generally calling to everyone's attention the following: "Where do people who were actually born in Florida go to die? The obituaries are replete with 'born in Michigan, born in New York, et cetera'"

It hasn't changed.

But -- we all seem to die here. God's waiting room.

Be well

(o_O)

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I was just having a little fun with you, the seedlings look good and as said of another I am looking forward to more.
Sometimes I imagine about about gardening outside year round ,wondering what it would be like.Of course that is why I watch threads here.
Not many live where they were born either.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Fun thread! Love your comment, juhur, about flyboyFL not having the thrill of shovel snow!

Born, raised, and living on Long Island all my life.

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

VERY nice seedlings!

Longboat Key, FL

And away we go!

Be well

(o_O)

Thumbnail by flyboyFL Thumbnail by flyboyFL Thumbnail by flyboyFL
Longboat Key, FL

One day in the pots.

(o_O)

Thumbnail by flyboyFL

I see, REVENGE is sweet!

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

In photo three you can almost smell the seedling the quality of the photo is so sharp! (I think I've mentioned before that I love the smell of tomato seedling!)

Longboat Key, FL

Sweeter than wine.

As regards the photos. i hate to be giving free publicity -- and Steve Jobs is no longer able to take advantage of it -- but. I have not used a real camera since I graduated to my iPhone 4s. It is amazing. Almost like the old box cameras. Point -- and shoot. The actual negative is four times sharper (more pixels) than what I post. That way it is easier to download. Amazing!

And you are right. i hate washing my hands after handling them.

Be well

(o_O).

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Mighty nice, Flyboy! And you just had to post those seedlings in red cuts sitting on the dock of the bay! Nice image!

Longboat Key, FL

Right. A single picture is worth 1000 words.

Be well

(0-0)

I meant cups! Enjoy your views! It will be getting cooler here this weekend, even though we are in the south. But this is my favorite time of the year for weather! It's perfect, even if I don't have any more tomatoes!

Longboat Key, FL

You didn't have to correct that word. No problem. There is a difference between "misspelling" and missing a key on the board.

I once read this and thought it was pretty cool.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt! tahts so cool!!!

If you can udernatnsd tihs rdanieg, garet!'

Be well

(o_O)

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

LOL!

North Shore of L. I., NY(Zone 6b)

Oh my. When I looked at the entire paragraph written it just looks like a bunch of gibberish in total. But when reading it, no problem. Easy to understand. That really is amazing.

Longboat Key, FL

See!

This will make "spellcheck" obsolete.

Now if we can just teach the kids how much is seven times seven (without using a calculator) -- the world is safe.

And when we get by that, "How much is a half of a half, divided by a half?"

Be well

(o_O)

And I used to be able to type so well! I've totally lost my skillage! And I hardly ever use spellcheck (probably should, but it never catches the words I need it to check).

One-eighth....

Longboat Key, FL

Gymgirl:

Sorry. You lose. Anyone else want a chance?

(Answer comes Saturday)

Be well

(o_O)

One Sixteenth!

Longboat Key, FL

Wrong way

Then, it's one-fourth!

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

I'll weigh in with one half.

more photos please (dreary here today).

Hutto, TX(Zone 8b)

It's the old rule about dividing a fraction by a fraction. It is necessary to invert and multiply! Conceptually, it is really hard to define dividing a number by a fraction. If I have quarter of a pie, I can't divide it into portions greater than the amount I already have. The best I can come up with is, "If I have 1/4 pie now, and I divided what I had before in half, how much was there to start?"

1/4 / 1/2 = 1/4 * 2 = 1/2

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

Yup! I remember tormenting my sister with that one! She would cry 8~)!

Ok. You win...I concur.

Longboat Key, FL

OK. Algebra 101.

5 divided by one-half = 10

Simple -- same as how many half-dollars would you get for a five dollar bill? Ten.

But I am proud that some got it. Try it on your progeny.

It is cloudy and windy. The tomatoes are acclimatizing to the soli sneaking up along their stems and not blowing around as much.

But my Celeste figs are fulfilling their promise and pusking out their next crop. Nice -- stuffed with a little gorgonzola cheese and baked. Yum.

Be well

(o_O)

Thumbnail by flyboyFL
Longboat Key, FL

They are starting to climb. My next activity will be tightening up the strings,

Be well

(o_O)

Thumbnail by flyboyFL
Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

Ooo, lovely, lovely figs! Mine seem to be done for the season. I keep forgetting to take photos of them =(.

Longboat Key, FL

First buds. You need sharp eyes.

Thumbnail by flyboyFL
Longboat Key, FL

Need to restring the framework

Be well -- and for you northeasterners, batten down the hatches.

(o_O)

This message was edited Oct 28, 2012 6:02 PM

Thumbnail by flyboyFL
Longboat Key, FL

But, some days we want them in salads.

So what is better than eating them between basil leaves and slices of mozzarella?

Be well

(o_O)

Thumbnail by flyboyFL

Yummy! My favorite! Just add me some avocado slices.

Longboat Key, FL

I had some of them on my solitary avocado tree, but they all blew off.

Be well

(O-O)

Longboat Key, FL

Up, up -- and away we go.

Thumbnail by flyboyFL

Lookin' good!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.