Make A Fuss Please It's my Birthday!

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Just wanted to take the time to shout out and celebrate my yearly anniversary of being here on this planet and getting to know you all.

Send me some wishes and impressions and a story or two of Birthdays or whatever.

And, enjoy this day and weekend fellow gardening friends.

Judy

Thumbnail by coleup Thumbnail by coleup Thumbnail by coleup
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Happy, Happy, Birthday to Youuuuuu. Great Pictures. I'm guessing the little girl on the left with the fringed poncho is you, am I right? I just came in for a little break and to look up some sib iris from critter in Plant Files and saw that today is your birthday. I sure do hope you are having a good one! Terri

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Hope you have a great weekend celebrating! ^_^

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Happy Birthday

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Woohoo!!! Happy Birthday weekend, dear heart! My first impression on meeting in person at H and R's was I met a wise mentor who would give the shirt off her back. Thank you for entering my life. May you have many more blessed birthday celebrations.

Mount Laurel, NJ

Oh Wow, today is coleup's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLEUP !!
We're sure glad you're around for another year to share all these great plants and ideas on how to care for theml. I hope it's another good year for you!

Thumbnail by coleuslover123 Thumbnail by coleuslover123 Thumbnail by coleuslover123
Central, MD(Zone 7a)

Happy happy birthday!

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Thanks everyone. This just felt like a Birthdat I wanted noticed!

Robin, I miss not being able to drop by HD and see you! Have you moved your plants yet? I'm still willing to plant sit your elephant ears if you want...LMK

Becky, how nice of you to wish me well. Wanted you to know that your sharing your journey here with us is a blessing to me and an inspiration. Also wanted to tell you that today was the second time I was able to touch one of the three feral kittens adopting my yard and loving that I am now mixing some canned food in with their crunchies. They are soooooo curious and I have 3 pair of eyes watching every move I make outside, They, however have that catability to remain hidden. OOps for the day last week when I decided to water my ostrich ferns and out streaked the cats! So, instead of "gorillas in the Mist' I'm doing 'Felines in the Ferns'! Oh, one more thing, I'm planting a clove or two of garlic for you to use in some 'traditional' Norwegian dishes!

Coleuslover, how sweet of you. That cake is gorgeous and the pic of your yard is lovely...great color. I hope we can meet at the swap at Jans this coming May up your way. I wish you much peace.

Jan, Jan, Jan, Yes, the shirt off my back...but I think I will keep the hand crochet vest I wore to Sallys!

Thanks, Paul, I could almost hear you singing that!

And, Terri, Thanks for noticing and taking some 'in' timdee to post in your four days of outside doing time. Did you do your bonfire? Happy biochar! And, no, that is not me in the pic, but you did give me a great idea.

Seems there are a number of familiar faces in the pic I stole off the www of communal leaf raking! Isn't that Sallyg and Paul in the back row? And the two big smiles front and center...Holly and Chantell or Speedie/ And isn't that David and Pat next to them? And I think I see Pippi and Donner and ss and Ruby and John...Jan, is that you? And Ric and Gita and Happy and Robin.... Let me know if you can see it, too.

Thumbnail by coleup
Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

I just saw this. Happy belated birthday, dear fellow Libran! ;)

Crozet, VA

So glad that I dropped by Mid Atlantic today after not being here for a bit. I have been out of sorts with something new for me.....pneumonia.....no fun at all. On the mend now thankfully. Of course we are all here to make a big deal out of your birthday. Wouldn't have missed it for the world. I knew seventeen years ago today when I married John it was a special sort of day. He is healthy and was able to get out and buy an anniversary card and a bag of Hershey's Kisses for me. I will have to make a computer card for him later today.

I hope that the upcoming year will be one of your very best Judy. You deserve it. This group wouldn't be the same with out you. I too have some of the same sentiments as Jan and I listen when you speak.

Hope it is an extra special day in every way for you today Coleup.

Ruby

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Heehee, you figured out that I was talking about that loverly vest you were rockin. I absolutely LOVE it.

Happy anniversary, Ruby and John!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Happy belated birthday, Coleup! You are an inspiration to all of us. Such gorgeous flowers you brought to the swap....

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

HAPPY birthday!! MANY more!!

Great picture there- a moment in time...I almost forgot our ''leaf raking in a previous life'' party we had...haaha.

Birthday stories? I have no memories of specific birthdays. Mark has some. When he turned four, he ran out the front door of the apt building yelling "I'm four! I'm four! and ran right into a sticker bush...Here's hoping you didn't get so enthused that you did the same!

oh meant to say--
I;d give my LEFT ARM to give YOU a happy birthday!

Thumbnail by sallyg
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I am cracking up, Sally. Actually, coleup could probably use your left arm whilst delivering the papers. That was very thoughtful of you. Love the sticker bush story. I don't remember any either, but DH was sent to his room when he turned 5 because he was being very selfish apparently, so the other kids were sent home after having cake and ice cream.

Warrenton, VA

Dearest Judy - this misty day is made just for you! Enjoy the beauty that it brings into the world, just as a beauty was brought into this world by your mother a couple of years ago...

Happiest of Birthdays!

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Dear Sally of Castle Ann Arun, legendary ancestral home of the 'Nohandleft' clan, I think I know your sister!

Thumbnail by coleup
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Heehee

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Judy, Hoping you had a HAPPY day. Are you like my Dad? He's been telling everyone He's 39 for about ever. LOL Ric and Holly

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS

Ha ha so funny!

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

Hi Judy, a belated happy birthday to you!

Thumbnail by donnerville
Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday, Judy. I hope your day has been one full of pleasant surprizes.

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

Sorry I'm late Judy, but I'm wishing that this will be your best year yet!!

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Thankyou to every one for helping make a bit of a fuss for my Birthday. This year I felt just a little too invisible for my own comfort and didn't want to 'wait and see' if anyone noticed. I'm most comfortable doin my thing behind the scenes but I kinda like 'announcing my own presence' now and again!

(Don't mind having faithfully delivered someone's newspaper with my left hand for twenty years without acknowlegement or a tip, but this year I am seriously considering soliciting tips, collecting and harvesting some of those overdue thankyous...and paying keen attention to those countless acts of random kindness all about me, too.)

SSgardener....I LOVE Libras! Did you know there are at least 5 of us hanging out here on the MAF?

Ruby, I hope you and John had a Hershey's Kisses fun Anniversary! You are both such delightful people. I miss you when you don't post much. Glad to hear you are on the mend.

Grayce your words really warmed my heart. I was a 'seven month baby' meaning I was on the scene pre them tying the knot and so absorbed some of their hems and haws and societies judgments about my timing.......

Changed my tune from
http://redbirdjan.freeyellow.com/gerber.html

to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKQ5pwstX-4

Have a good day all!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh my! Haven't checked for new threads for days. A belated Happy Birthday Judy! Sorry for the oversight, especially for a fellow Libra. Hope you are enjoying the fall weather.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I second the "Oh my!"-----How did I miss this?
I know! I only look at the Posts that I have clicked on to "watch". Sometimes--something good slides by.

Dear Judy--SO sorry i am SO late! Hope you had a Mahvelous day! Have your cake with my pickles!
That will be memorable!!!

In your old picture you posted--are you the one in front center holding that long thing?

Now--WHAT can i send you for your birthday picture????????? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Here are a bunch of wishes--straight from my heart to you:

1--May the Sun never set when your work is not done
2--May Faeries dance in your garden on the full moon
3--May the light shine on you as you do your paper deliveries in the dark of the mornings.
4--May you grow enough garlic to enjoy with a crusty bread and some wine--any time you want.
5--May you always have flowers to fill a vase.

Have a great year! Gita

Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

LIBRAs ROCK...but 'some' of us tend to be tardy regardless the event...sheesh!!! Bringing up the reat but know that my wish is that YOUR day was as beautiful as that spirit of yours, my friend!!!

'I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty-handed

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

I hope you dance'

Thumbnail by Chantell
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Me too, how did I miss it? Well we'll just continue the celebration
Hope it was grand!

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Crozet, VA

Love the great words Chantell......hope you are still enjoying being a year older Cole.

Ruby

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.