Using Downy Fabric softener for the "itchies".

Everglades, FL(Zone 10a)

Many moons ago I had a kennel and we used Downy Fabric softener as a final rinse for dogs with a persistent itch. Whether it was allergies, flea bites or whatever- we washed the dog and rinsed it with a diluted solution of Downy and the itch was gone. If you were to touch your lip with downy on your finger, your lip would get numb. BTW- it was great on people insect bites too! Just a dab and the itch was gone.

The Downy now days lost that quality. There are many downy products now too so I am not sure if it [the original product] is still even out there.
I have a dog now that has gotten in fire ants many times and is miserable. The vet has her on steroids and I am not happy with that. The ant bites are long gone but she continues to itch. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Does anyone have any idea where I can find the ORIGINAL Downy?

This thread has 33 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!