Luncheon at Kathy Ann's Sat. Oct 13

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Kathy Ann is hosting a luncheon at her home on Sat. Oct 13. Of course we will do door prizes!!!! So don't forget to bring a door prize.
Kathy Ann is providing the main dish of White Chili
Loretta is bringing broccoli cornbread
Charlotte is bringing grape salad
Kim is bringing cream cheese strudel
Sarah is bringing chips for the chili

Hope I didn't forget anything!! Kathy Ann can correct me if I did and I'll edit!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks for making the new thread. I'm also going to make us a cheesecake. Lets see now. What flavor shall it be?

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

All your cheese cakes are wonderful!!! Doesn't matter what flavor!!

Hope Terrye and Sandra can make it up! Would also be nice to see Kenny and Jim!! Of course everybody else too!

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Kenny has to work, so he and Jim will not make it...

Holly is home from Vietnam, so I will ask if she would like to join us. And maybe Sandy...we must make that girl a gardener!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

my daughter is coming, and I think my friend kay is coming too.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Kim you're going to make Sandy a gardener yet!! Hope she and Holly can make it!
Glad Amber is going to be there!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Oh dear, i came across a home made carrot cake with cream cheese icing recipe, it looks divine!! think I should make that instead of cheesecake? or should I stick to the cheese cake lol i'm taking off work the friday before the luncheon, My sewing room looks horrid, lots of boxes and a big mess going on in there, not enough shelves and storage either lol

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

OH MY! That carrot cake sounds so good!!

You not enough shelves and storage!!!!!!! I can't imagine!! LOL

Can totally identify!!! Been looking for some stuff tonight - can't remember if I just can't find it or if I don't actually have it anymore!!! Got so many projects going on not sure which one to work on!! I'm finally doing something with some linen guest towels I've had for 12 years!! Looking for some decorative furniture pieces that are older than that but can't find them! I need a 5,000 sq ft warehouse!

I love carrot cake!...(of course, I love cheesecake, too) Besides, we can call it eating veggies...carrots! Right?

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

lol, your right Kim, carrot cake it is. Love that cream cheese icing too lol

Yeah, not enough storage in my sewing room, I'm not sure where it all was at before, but there's not enough room for it now for sure.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Do we have a head count on who all is bringing friends?

i have 2 coming, so there will be 3 of us.

who else is bringing friends. I know Sarah is coming with you Charlotte. How bbout you kim? who do you have coming with you?

Holly is a no. I have not heard from Sandy. May just be me...

Charlotte, I was going to drive...and I may still...but the truck is having troubles. I am gonna see if I can borrow my mom's. If not, would you mind driving and give me a ride?

This message was edited Oct 8, 2012 10:20 AM

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Kim I sent you a FB message but must not have seen yet. Yes I will pick you up. We will have room for Sandy if she want's to go.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Kathy Ann what time do you want us there??

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

When ever u guys want to come is find w me! Well eat around 11:30. Then do prizes. Look around outside if u want and then head over to Dian's in bald knob

No, I can't get FB at work and takes too long to look on phone. Thanks for driving...yet again! I will let you know if Sandy is coming, KA!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Hey K-A....I finally wonder back over to Dave's. Could ya move a little close so I can come to one of your parties.....or make the gas prices go down.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

i sure wish I could Peggy!! I would LOVE to meet you in person, I feel like I know you already. We'd have a hoot with you around!!

KA, it looks like neither Sandy nor Holly will be joining us. Too many things going on with those two girls!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

My Oct has really gotten out of control also! Don't know how I'm going to fit everything in but certainly not missing our get together!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I feel that way to K-A. Glad my crazy FB postings haven't scared you off...LOL.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

lol. It's fun watching your fb page peg! I'm looking forward to this sat, i'm even taking off friday to clean my house and do some alterations piling up and trying to get my sewing room cleaned up, making that chilli fri night and cake friday sometime. !! we'll have a good time even if there isn't too many of us. then sunday, all the plants are going up for the winter.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I'm finishing up,cleaning and putting away from garden club meeting yesterday,dragging out yard props,making repairs so we can get the outside decorated next weekend.Have to help hub's put that fence up to keep new neighbors from tossing their trash over onto my yard and their kids out of my flowerbed,chasing their football. Don't have much left in that bed after last year heat and drought,don't need them stomping down what's left.Rake and level where hub's took out my little pond,sub in at zumba tonight,finish more props.....more cupcakes and truffles to do. Ya know,just another day at the zoo.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I had a great time everybody. so glad we all got together, we do know how to have fun!!. Sarah, I meant to tell you that if you want your solor light to work you have to pull the top part off and pull out that tab that's covering the battery, amber's had a tab on hers too. so i didn't want you to think something was wrong with it lol. i put out the other ones today that i had extra of.

thanks for a fun time you all!!. sorry that there were several that missed the fun. Maybe next time!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Kathy Ann I agree we do know how to have fun!!! And also know how to cook and eat!!! LOL Still so full I didn't want any dinner tonight! Love your new kitchen and other remodeling!!!

Thanks so much for having us today!

I went over to Home Depot after we got back and got me a big bag of potting mix and the rest of the rocks I need for the greenhouse. I'm going to try and get some of that done tomorrow.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

but where's the pictures?

P, I don't think any of us took a single picture! Too busy eating ;o)

KA, thanks so much for having us. Your home upgrades are spectacular! Of course, the food was delicious! Fun was had by all and we laugh and laugh.

We ate and talked about all of our friends that were unable to join us. We missed all of you! Then outdoors to see (and swipe a few things from) KA's yard. We went back indoors to open prizes. I got an upside down finch feeder, hyacinth bulbs and a very cute butterfly tote! KA gave all of us an embroidered dishtowel...is there anything this girl cannot do?? Then off to Hopes and Dreams to see Dian and buy plants. This will not shock anyone...Charlotte's truck was full when we left!

I am going to host the Christmas luncheon. We all agreed on December 1. I hope all of y'all will be able to join us!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

that sounds like my garden club...I did get a couple pictures at last weeks meeting...which I fondly refer to "eatin' meetin's"

Thumbnail by bigred Thumbnail by bigred
Booneville, MS

No pics! Too much eating or talking? lol
I know you guys had fun. Wish I could have been there.

Terrye

Batesville, AR(Zone 7a)

Thank you Kathy Ann for having us over, your place is wonderful as always. It was so nice seeing
everyone and looking forward to the next one.

Here is my recipe for Broccoli Cornbread:
2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
4 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 sticks (6 oz) melted butter or margarine
1 pkg. (10-12 oz) frozen chopped broccoli thawed and drained
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup cottage cheese

Combine all ingredients and pour into greased 9x13 inch
baking dish. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned.
Enjoy

Loretta

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

We did forget to take pictures, I had my camera out on the counter, but didn't take one photo. sorry.

peg, is that an allegator?

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

yup...that was a baby gator

ha ha Did y'all capture that from the local pond? Looks y'all have fun, too!

What is the name of the red succulent that Dian gave us?

Thanks for recipe, Loretta! Looking forward to making it!

This message was edited Oct 14, 2012 5:12 PM

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Going to make that cornbread tomorrow! Thanks for the recipe Loretta.

I had an interesting night last night. Richard went outside to smoke about 10 and discovered 2 fish out on the patio! Turned out I had turned the water on to add a little to the pond and totally forgot about it. Three hours later the water got so high the fish were able to just come on over the side! My two biggest fish were out! One in the walkway area and the other over by the chairs. It was quite a challenge picking up huge wiggling fish!! I did have a pair of rubber gloves. They don't seem to be worse for the wear today!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I don't remember the red succulent name. I did leave my boa at Dian's though. Have to go back and get it

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

For shame! I can't believe ya'll didn't take a single photo! What were you thinking? LOL

If you don't get it, KA, I have an extra ;o)) The red one is called fire something...

LOL Marilyn, I guess we were to busy stuffing, digging, laughing and buying!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I was moving the Hilo Bold I bought today and somehow the top just snapped right off it. I've never had that happen before. Hope it doesn't cause it to die!

Got all the rock down in my greenhouse. Now I'm ready to start packing things away!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

U can't pack yours before I pack mine lol. The next lo days looks good weather wise. I need to get in gear. Trying to wait for Danny to get his gun stuff pu of the mancave.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I can guarantee you that nothing is going to be packed away this week!!! Too much going on! I have to do this in stages. I have been trying to gather some things together. It actually takes me a while to find everything! A bunch of my brugs are getting ready to bloom like crazy. I have one in front that has over 30 buds. Several others have somewhere around that many. I've been disappointed in them all summer and now they are finally getting ready to put on a big show! I have several I don't see any signs of buds so I'll cut them back and start getting them ready to go in.

Here is a picture of the inside of my little greenhouse. I put large pond rocks down first and then put river pebbles over that. Made a good solid floor. I had the rack you can see in the back sitting up against my fence and I kept pots on it. It was a side of the street find a few years ago. I already had that round plastic table also. I also have some shelves that came from a green house. I bought them at an auction several years ago and had forgotten about them. I need to get some cinder blocks so I can use them. Don't think I need a lot of shelves but might want to get some things up off the floor.

The other photos are my asters out front.

Thumbnail by cperdue Thumbnail by cperdue Thumbnail by cperdue

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.