We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1280410

Pretty Japanese Asago

Thumbnail by patootie
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

China Doll not.
Blushing Bride
Stapelia only 6 inch bloom, thought it would be much larger
Snail/Corkscrew

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Jackie, Love your blooms. The 2 pinks are gorgeous, even your China doll not is very nice. Corkscrew/snail and Stapelia are neat plants.

I took pictures in the morning but too busy to post until now.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Those are beautiful blooms Helena and a joy to see.

Your Choc Silk is a beauty and Star of India is too.

Helena, what is the pink blizzard bloom on the end? Is it a Pink Sazanami? Its very pretty.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. That did look like a pink saz to me too but it could just be a pink blizard.

These from today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Some more blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, all very pretty, I love the blue with the darker blue star.
What is the very pale bloom in the center, bottom row.

Saz bloom

no Mai

Plum Purple Velvet

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. That bloom your asking about is what I thought was pink ice yesterday so now I'll have to see what kind of bloom it'll make again. Weird that it would change colors like that from one day to another.

Your blooms are all very pretty too. I like your Saz and no Mai and Purple Plum, all have nice color.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

gorgeous! I lost you all and I am glad I found you.. my blooms are almost done, only setosa and shibouri and jl and wild mgs blooming now..

you both have had some kicking great blooms this year.
lookie this cute wild mg I found out in a field near missouri

Thumbnail by joeswife

Helena, The cooler weather most likely caused the color change. I'm sure your Pink Ice will open pink when the new blooms open.
Thanks Debra. Your blooms were very pretty too this yr.
Look at my No Sora blooms in pink, not blue, on the 2nd day of being open after a cool night last night.

Thumbnail by patootie
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Pretty in Pink!!

i like that. it's cool to see them still on for more than a few hours, even as we go into Fall.

Gautier, MS

Pretty white Debra.

I also like your pretty pink Jackie.

Today I have these 3 pink vines put together.
A neat Star of India.
Pink silk.
Purple speckled
Mauve star.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Ronnie, Debra and Helena.

Gorgeous pinks Helena, very pretty togather.
I really like your Mauve Star.

Purple Tie Dyes, I have 2 or 3 of this vine and this one makes the prettiest purple blooms.
All 3 of these vines read Blue Tie Dye. The only one that made blue blooms was the vine in the large tub.

Choc Silk, this vine came out of Sunrise Mxd and has not made even a single sd pod. I tried to pollinate'by hand yesterday.

Pink Tie Dye

Off to work in the ghouse with DH. Temps down to 40 night time by this weekend. We're having to replace
the see thru plastic we line the g house with.

you guys are so lucky to have warmer climates, the show is awsome! I am cutting long vines of things that have pods I want to keep, and the others are getting tossed into the alley behind me. Everything is turning yellow, so I have to get to work after work every night. just came in from garae repotting stuff, as I work full time and the climate is dropping into 30's Saturday night. ugh. where ismy morning glory poem?

Debra,This is rather early to be turning so cool for us. Usually its much later in Oct.
Yes please find your MG Poem..

Pretty Purps
Wish I had marked more of these for sd gathering

A lovely different look from a no Mai this week

This Purple George Strait was different too.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I love all your pretty blooms. Enjoyed seeing all of them. It's been very cool this week but don't know yet if it's going to get colder here yet.

Missed taking any good pictures yesterday, was too busy. I feel tired and worn out today. Only a few blooms today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Jackie and Helena, thank you for the eye candy. I know we do not want to see winter come, but I also am tired. Off to the dr, I have been sick w/coughing all night and yukkie stuff. Hope you both enjoy a pleasant weekend inspite of the cold.

Thanks Helena and Debra. Turning cold and with a cold rain headed here for this evening. Tomorrow it won't get out of the 50's. I dread it already. Have to finish carrying everything down to the g house

Beautiful blooms Helena, esp that first one. Love your Lav, Purple and
Choc Silk too.

Sorry you;re under the weather Debra.Hope you get to feeling better soon.
I take Vit C and Garlic every day trying to avoid being sick. For the most part it works

Pink Tie Dye

This message was edited Oct 21, 2012 12:11 AM

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Debra, I hope you feel better and dr can fix you up. I hate being sick too.

Beautiful PinkTie Dye bloom Jackie. I might have to bring in my mgs into the gh tonight. A bit warmer in there, try to protect ones that might bloom tomorrow.

Thanks Helena. Most of mine are in the g house. I still have as many as 10 that are on the front porch.
I'm running out of room in g house. I've got 6 or 7 Plumerias to carry to ghouse and try to fit in somewhere.
They definitely wont like the 50 tonight

I think all my hummers have left for a warmer climate.

Pretty Pink Asago

Thumbnail by patootie
(Zone 7a)

Debra - I found your morning glory poem & put it in the sticky index under Arts & Humanities, to which I hope to add quite a bit, little by little, in the future.

I took liberties with the title of your poem - would you let me know how I should title it the way you want?

If anyone has any ideas or anything they'd like to see in the sticky index, would you pretty please rattle my cage?

Gautier, MS

Jackie, awesome pink bloom.

It's a beautiful sunny morning here in MS and I have a nice bloom from Star of India-not, it makes these and regular S of I blooms.
A pink.
A chocolate.
White and blue.
Purple speckled.

Karen , thanks!
Gee, Jackie and Helena you both still continue to show us the prettiest blooms. I still have purps shibouri, JL, pink, purple, kniolas, etc/ . as well as the wild purple and i setosa, but I am too weak to go out and take pictures yet this am.
I love the tye dyes, and the S of I. good ones that entertain, don't you think? Now, all the dahlias decide to bloom, and from this window, I see the little yellw has bloomed ( MG)

Gorgeous blooms Helena. I love all of em. That 1st one is really pretty. I don't always know the names
but doesn't it look like the one they call Henka

Purple Tie Dye with No Mai. This is the prettiest Purple Tie Dye I've ever grown

No Mai

My Lantana showing in this one, I want DH to plant it next spring. I know the yellow Lantana is
hardy here if planted on the south side and has all summer to send roots deep.
Citrus tree with Apricot queen Salvia/Sage in same pot.

This message was edited Oct 6, 2012 1:59 PM

Debra,sounds like whatever you have worked you over pretty good. Hope you
start improving soon. Eat your chicken soup to keep your strength up.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Debra and Jackie. Hope you feel better soon Debra.

Jackie your Purple tie dye and no Mai are beautiful! I have that salvia color too, love it. I should get a lantana next year. My citrus tree has a few huge oranges, maybe be ready by late Nov.

Thanks Helena. You would love the Lantana, very bright colors.

Thumbnail by patootie

I wandered outside to see what was left to worry about.. I have red, purple, pink, B& B salvias all blooming, even the white one is. can't wait to see who is still standing after a 29 degree night tonight. I used to have 6 different colors of lantanas.. now I am down to one..
they use the yellow lantanas in landscaping here, but they always leave them to freeze.. I think I might "rescue" a few yellows from a spot that will get neglected this year..( entrance easement island to a newer home development)
Drives me nuts to see the gal down the street leave her beautiful full coleus collections out in this cold every year.. she lets them go to seed and they come back true in each tub.. hmm, now there is a thought..
If that is Henka, then I am planting some, Helena and Jackie, cuz the blue and water color streaking and fading, is worth a try to me.
I love the Purple tye dye and no mai also. very electric colors! Look like they are neon lighted blooms..

Gautier, MS

Pretty bloom Jackie. It is very breezy here this late morning but I still have some nice blooms. I also see the hummers at the flowers and feeder. I left most of my mgs outside but might bring them in tonight.

I'm not sure if it's Henka but I'll be planting some from both seeds.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Pretty blooms everyone!
Debra I hope you are feeling better.

Lousy weather here today, only in the fifties and rainy. No frost forecast yet for awhile so I'm still good. I already was able to collect a few seeds, hoping to get more from the nicer ones. I'm sure I'll be cutting vines soon enough. I muss summer already :-(

Still a few left and the purps are going strong.

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes

loverly blooms Helena and Ronnie!

Debra, you're in a colder zone than I am. I wonder if a thick mulch would protect the Lantana there?
Course theres nothing you can do if the neighbors don't care about protecting it. I have a
neighbor that grows Brugs in the ground here. So anything is possible.
Love your blooms Helena and Ronnie, I only had a few this morning and no pretty blooms.
They all looked like they had been out in the cold.

Remembering back to July, Ronnies pretty Jap Asago
And this pretty white mutant DFNM on same day, no sds produced on this, pod aborted
Little Miss Piggy

awwww... love that DFNM have no clue where mine went.. barely found any pods today while mosing around watching DH dig up and chop up the sunflowers.Sister says everyone in Rogers leaves thier bananas and EEs and lantanas in the ground. I know I can't I have already tried. boo hooo!

Gautier, MS

Thanks gals!

Love your purpureas Ronnie, they are beautiful. I have to grow more of them next year.

Beautiful blooms too Jackie. I'm kind of selecting what I'm thinking of growing next year. I'll have to get more of the vines into the ground though and really have a wild garden.

Helena, I never did get my fence line cleaned up. I wanted to but theres 100's of pots littered there.
I hope to still get it done in the spring, would take a big workload off of me planting mg's in the ground.
No repotting ,just a little water now and then. >-)

the only thing with lining the fence in mgs.... it is very hard to tell who is what ! LOL

LOL Debra, so true. A wonderful problem to have. :-)

Gautier, MS

Got my mgs in gh last night, I think they are happier than the cool windy weather outside. They are not going to like the cold at all.

#1 is Fuji no Mono, didn't expect it to be so dark pink. I missed the first 2 blooms.
#2 is mauve star-splash & ?
#3 is 2 vines of pink blzd & stripes
34 El Cielo Blue salvia

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.