New order!!!!!!

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Hi Guys!,
I'm excited! I just placed an order and here is what I am getting. They are all new ones to me. :) Now I just have to figure out which garden beds to put them in and how to arrange them. Mix and match them or put the same kinds together. ??? Any ideas of photos?

3 Echinacea Hot Summer
3 Echinacea Irresistible
3 Echinacea Jupiter
3 Echinacea Milkshake
3 Echinacea Solar Flare
6 Echinacea Southern Belle

Plus:
2 Astilbe Deutschland
3 Digitalis purpurea Foxy

Sherry :)

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

You might like to know they are having a big sale on coneflowers and many other items at Santa Rosa Gardens where I made my purhase. Just sayin'...... :)
Sherry

Lake Stevens, WA

Nice List!! I saw that sale, some good deals for sure.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I always get excited when I purchase from them ,great place to shop and browse,I got a Milkshake Echie from them earlier this year with a couple of penstemon,they are all doing great!
Sounds like your going to have one pretty Coneflower garden next season!!!

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Hi Guys!
Thanks! I am excited too! Can't wait to have more echies in my garden. The 2 in the picture above are 'Hot Papaya' and 'Pow Wow Wild Berry'. I love them both! Hope the new ones are as pretty. Now I just have to figure out where they go. Decisions, decisions.... Really though, I can't decide if I should put them all together or in groups of the same variety together???
Sherry ;)

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

If the Milkshake gets taller than any, you can place it in back of one of the Berry var. Should show off the color really well.
The modern gardens are all going towards one color schemes all red, all yellow ,black ,or blue and so on
Me I like lots of color splashing one over another! Wild Bloom Thing!!! lol
I've got about 20 old fashioned purples coming up ,what to do with them ,me too!

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

I like the idea about the white showing off the other colors! Thanks! And I'm like you, every color under the rainbow!!! :) I don't think I have a lot of white in my gardens. I think I need some more. Here is a photo of one of my beds. I have 2 other very large beds and can't even decide which bed to put them in. But I guess i can always move them if I don't like the setting. But my gardens are too mature to completely change a color scheme to one color! Wow, would that be a nightmare!!! LOL
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I really enjoy that garden blooms !!!that boom your eye!!! as for mine someday?
I just had to tell, the plant bug finally got me, two more Milkshake echies Foxglove strawberry , FROM SRG in a few days will be here!!lol Also a half a dozen Gaillardia Mostly red ,thought I would try a Gallo red ,but I might be pressing the zone limits a little, The others could grow in deserts or Artic climates.
Wonderfully long lasting blooms,and also looking at yours with a "WELLI BE" I was right Echies and Daylilies will grow together.I did not know that for sure!!lol
Are the tall pink-rose blooms Pents of Foxies?

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Hi,
The tall pink-rose blooms are Guara. I love them in this bed. They are tall and wispy and fill in nicely between all the other plants. They bloom and bloom and bloom.

And yes, daylilies and echies do very well together in my gardens. In this bed, first the daffodils bloom, them the tulips .Next it has a lot of iris. Then the lilies and daylilies come on along with several other beauties. There are also some delphiniums, penstemon, poppies, phlox, guara and probably some things I am forgetting. But it is a garden that changes throughout the summer. Asters are blooming right now in that bed.

It sounds like you are getting some pretties too! I can't wait to get mine either. We'll have to compare how our Milkshake echies do in our gardens. And the foxglove too! I've only ordered from SRG once before. I was very impressed with that order, so can't wait to see my new echies! Glad I got my order in when I did because when I looked again they were sold out of most of the things I wanted. Or the price went back up to $12-$15 for what I paid $2.49 to $2.99 for! I've never had any foxglove before, so very excited to try them in my gardens. I see you ordered some of them too.

I think my order is coming tomorrow. Will try to post a picture of the order if I have the time. Good luck to us!!!
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I planted some Guara only had started it too late, it got cold too quick here after being too hot. Love the garden!

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Thanks juhur7
Well, I was wrong. The order shipped on the 1st and I got it today! Yeah! When I got home from work I had 2 boxes sitting on my steps. I tried to get them planted, but only got a few in the ground. Had to clean up the area first. :( Lots of trimming, pulling out and general cleanup just to get a few in the ground. But hopefully I will get them all in the dirt this weekend. Watered them and they are just waiting on me. :) Here are a couple pictures of my order.
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl Thumbnail by Sherrygirl Thumbnail by Sherrygirl Thumbnail by Sherrygirl Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I always enjoy SRG plants! Those are definitely pot bound now though.Mine shipped Tues.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

The ones on the end of the photo look a little small though did you say you cut them back, or did they come that way.?
Mine came today! Fast!! My digitalis look the same as yours ,the Coneflowers like the ones next to the small ones like those second from the end.
Only bad thing is the 34 sun. and Mon mornings, So they are going in and out of the garage till Monday morning,Got to have at least four days for the plants to root in, I have lost all too many this time of year.
They sent me an ice plant as a gift for my reorder or my shipping mistake, not sure which but it is pretty good as this gardener in wanna be as yet ,is concerned.

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Yeah, they did seem kinda small to me too. I did not cut any of them back. I emailed them about that just to let them know and will see what comes of it. The weather here is also getting cold at night. It looks like the next 2 days will be around 33 degrees for a low. Then next week clear back up to the high 40 and 50's for the lows. So hopefully they will get rooted in nicely before winter really sets in. Hopefully we will both have some healthy beauties next year!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

So the you are thinking the ones you have gotten planted will not be bothered by the 33 degree lows for a temperature?
Or maybe you are covering them?

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

So far they still look great! I never cover perennials when I plant them in the fall. But I try to plant them when the lows aren't this cold. This cold snap just happened, but like I said, it's going to be lows of 40's and 50's again.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Back to the plants the only thing I am wondering is why a grandiflora is pictured on the grandiflora+burgundy gaillardia on these plants.
It is 37 degrees here this morning,nice and seasonal ,only I am not comfortable with it !!!

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Well, you freaked me out and I decided to cover my little babies! LOL I took some dishtowels and covered them. The others I have been bringing in and out of the garage. Now it's going to warm up again so I will get the rest of them planted and they should all get settled in nicely.

Also, I wrote SRG and let them know about the small astilbe and jupiter coneflowers. I also sent them the pictures. Got an email back from them the same day. Here's what they wrote:

Thanks so much for your email and photos.

I apologize for the incomplete rooting of these plants. If they don’t survive transplanting this fall, we will replace them for you next spring, or offer you a refund, if you prefer.

Have a wonderful weekend,

Jude Groninger

So I am pretty pleased so far. Will wait and see what happens with these smaller plants. You never know, they might just make it. I'm not sure about the pictures of the grandiflora+burgundy gaillardia. You might contact them as they seem very responsive to their customers.

This message was edited Oct 7, 2012 4:47 PM

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

That is one of the big things most dger's talk about or mention, they answer there mail from customers really responsively. Really though I am satisfied and i am going to grow them and see,May be the picture as to either is not accurate . In which case I will make a complaint noting that later, I am not a big complainer , only grumpy somewhat of my nature!lol'
I did get a gift of the delosperma ice plant fire spinner ,after all ,and they have been really good with the product description ,quality,and delivery.
Does seem to me that they have been using the same picture of Gallo Gaillardia for Burgundy and Gallo.

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

How nice of them to send you a free plant!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

How that happened was most likely that I had ordered twice recently from not being able to make up my mind.Therefore with their five dollar coupon and that I paid shipping twice from waiting they gave me the plant for not asking or complaining.
That and if you look in the listing of that plant,, They have 1635 of them from this season past,So those didn't sell evidently,Kind of look like a fluorescent Gaizania in the bloom,it will be interesting to see them bloom later.
All sounds like silly me ,still though doesn't it!!? lol

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I should learn to finish what I mean to say in one post I was not trying to freak you out or cause any anxiety ,As for me ,mine are in the garage and will go outside sometime tomorrow . So it seems a little overly cautious but I really hate losing plants especially when their nice plants and there is no reason for the plant(s) to end up dead because of me making a mistake(.etc better safe than sorry?)
29 or lower is possible here tonight ,after that seems a couple of weeks look good as 37 or above did not even seem to phase most of the plants.That 29 is too cold to chance planting in!!!!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

26 degrees Sunday night ,and today my plants went in the ground, Hopefully I will be able to finish mulching them and they all will be "happily ever after"
What were the small Echie's on the end? My curiosity always gets me.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.