What aromas are in your kitchen right now?

(Zone 7a)
There are a total of 63 votes:

Salsa! (are you going to can it?)
(4 votes, 6%)
Red dot

Jams and jellies. (what kinds)
(2 votes, 3%)
Red dot

Apple pie.
(4 votes, 6%)
Red dot

Chili. (recipe please...)
(2 votes, 3%)
Red dot

Fresh baked bread!
(5 votes, 7%)
Red dot

Coffee.
(26 votes, 41%)
Red dot

Other (Tell us!)
(20 votes, 31%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

(Zone 7a)

I voted Salsa. My neighbor has an overabundance of tomatoes and onions. All I provide are the limes and cilantro. LOL

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Since this is the first cool damp day in many moons, vegetable soup is on my stove today.
Carrots, celery, onion, sweet potato, white beans, tomatoes and kale in a chicken stock base.

Thumbnail by melody
Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Aromas in the kitchen... funny I should see this poll.

Right now, I am baking some pumpkin and walnut loaves; 4 of them. I used allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg (heavenly nuts) and cloves. I ground them all fresh and I ground just enough for my immediate needs. Spices remain in their original form until ready to use. So, the kitchen smells heavenly, thank you for asking.

Sylvain.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

coffee......always coffee.
it's supposed to rain soon so i can add the aroma of wet dog.....

(Zone 7a)

Track, that rivals the smell of cat spit. Blahhh...

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

NO...nothing comes close to cat spit! LOL think liquified 3 day old fish......

Carson City, NV(Zone 6b)

Apple pie, apple sauce, apple butter, apple cider....

So many apples this year, 300 pounds in the garage and still two trees to harvest.

Port Richey, FL(Zone 9a)

Coffee, one of the best things on earth!! ♥

(Zone 7a)

Track, I must add that there is nothing BETTER than kitty kisses, fish breath and all.

It's 11pm here now and I want coffee for some reason.

Big Pine Key, FL(Zone 11)

New, not yet housebroken Dachshund puppy in kitchen...'nough said.
Scott

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Blackberry jam - great crop this year.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Fish! Last night I fixed my famous dipfried catfish for everybody. My niece fixed french fries to go with the catfish. Every piece of fish was eaten and they came back for more, but I had no more. Have to go get some more as they want to do a fish fry next week.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

that sounds SO good......i can't remember the last time i had a piece of fried anything.......:-(

(Zone 7a)

Cruising through my threads this morning, it seems everyone is bent on making me hungry! I haven't had catfish in...I don't remember how long. I need to go find some now.

Hanceville, AL(Zone 7a)

Fresh air because today the windows are up!!! Luciee {;^)

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

As a kid I tried catfish once. HATED it! The guy who gave it to my dad told him just to gut it, remove the head and fry in a skillet. Tasted like fish mashed potatoes. Never ate it again, til I was living up near Lake Isabella in Kern County, Calif in 1976 and got invited to a fish fry. My dad fished in the ocean so that's the only fish fry I know of. Did not think about where they were getting the fish from. Got to the party and found out it was catfish from thier pond. To late to back out. But did as my daddy taught me and took a small piece and ate it just to be polite. What a shock! It was great and I ate alot of catfish at the party. The lady who gave the party was in her late 80;s and she gave me the recipe on how to fix catfish. I follow that recipe ever since. I've fixed catfish for people who say they hate catfish and I did not tell them it was catfish and they just loved it. Than I tell them it was catfish. They than want the recipe and they still eat catfish from my recipe. LOL

(Zone 7a)

Hurray! I love catfish.

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

The wonderfully mouth-watering smell of super stinky cat food permeates the atmosphere of that particular room when we're not preparing human food. =^..^=

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

lol
soaking wet shoes at the moment. we had a LOT of rain this afternoon.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I have a Apple pie candle burning right now

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

pears waiting to be processed and pear sauce waiting to be eaten

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Smell Clematis terniflora!

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I voted coffee and with dinner as cool evenings and mornings make it a delight.with food.

Chapel Hill, NC

Fresh-baked bread, always. Haven't bought bread since 2008!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Just finished some as i read your post along with a cup of coffee, Taste bud heaven!

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

Pizza

Wilson's Mills, NC

grapes- jelly, jam, hulls, wine... 7 gallons picked on Monday. Problems keeping the raccoons away, though. Keeping a radio in the grapevines at night.

(Zone 7a)

Spaghetti with red wine sausages...

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

Pinto beans with a ham bone ^_^ it smells good in there, right now!

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

We had bought pork hocks and fresh green beans. Decided to combine them for dinner. Tasted so good!

(Zone 7a)

This morning it's Pecan Pumpkin Spice coffee. Smells like Nirvana and tastes even better!

Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

voted salsa, but coffee would technically have been the kitchen aroma so far today

Harry canned our second batch of salsa the other day...not exactly an aroma right now this minute....but pretty close!

Today, is another beautiful day here in Jersey

Thumbnail by wind
Bryan, TX(Zone 8b)

My house smells like cake. My sons 8th birthday party is tomorrow and I don't feel like I'm prepared! SO. Many. Children!

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Technically, coffee, always coffee. But it has been salsa because of the abundance of tomatoes I was blessed with this year. And it will soon be apple butter because I intend to make a batch this fall. And I also intend to make some homemade bbq sauce for friends for gifts this year as well.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

An over abundance of tomatoes means I'd be making alot of my Spicy Tomato Jam for pancakes. Next year I'll have the tomatoes and not have to pay for them at the store.

Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

OutsidePlaying, how do you make your BBQ sauce? sounds good!

Colima, Mexico(Zone 11)

Passiflora fruit juice fresh off the vine.

(Zone 7a)

Oooooo! That sounds delicious!

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Oatmeal/Chocolate/Peanut Butter no bake cookies!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.