Gigi's Memory Garden 2

Cookie yes we did maybe up to or over 4 " ! i know right .
thanks i think they are cute too. most of them were on sale LOL
digger that is so sweet of you. sending you a giant (()))

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Sue,
I'm sure Gigi's smiling ear to ear over her decorations. I don't think she cares for the gore anymore either. Keep it happy from now on! It's just an awesome garden.
I love the ''Dancing with the fairies'' sign.

Hugs and prayers!

i m going to pain her name in the middle of the sign.
today is halloween and honestly i m just drained emotionaly . kids want to go with friends but that just makes it a longer night for me and i just want to stay home . Its also cold outside ! brrrrrr . rainy and snowing at the same time. yuk.
i will go to the store today and hide candy in our house and in there rooms . LOL hopefully that makes some smiles

Dahlonega, GA

My niece was born on Halloween

hid the candy in the house , kids loved it !
went to a nurseing home for tricks or treats.
then home
glass of wine and tomorrow i will be ok :) no triggers tonight *whew*
would imagine it would be kinda cool to be a halloween baby ?

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

That reminds me, I have a childhood friend who was born on Halloween. I better send him a Happy Birthday email before it's too late!

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

We had a neighbor who was born on Halloween. Her name was Hallo. I always thought it was pretty cool.

Dahlonega, GA

Instead of Sept 1st , if I had been born four hr's later on the second , I would have had to wait a whole year to start school .
The garden is looking so good .

hallo is a cool name :)
oh my digger , and only 4 hrs to get you a whole year behind ? LOL thank you. i am excited about all the new peonies and daylilys i planted. I also planted crocus, iris and some hyacinth . sure hope the moles, voles and squirrels don't make it a free buffet

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Sue,
Hiding candy. What a cool idea! It was just cold here for Halloween and I put my jammies on. If asked what I was, I was going to say comfortable. No one asked, LOL!!

Hallo, that is awesome!

Digger, smiling. Back in the day eh? My cousin, born in October, was allowed to start kindergarten because she could spell a word. Way back in 1961.

Sue,
Still planting. I gave up a month ago with no rain all summer.

Dahlonega, GA

Back in '61 , my son was already four . How 'bout going back to '44.
How times change , I didn't learn how to tie my shoes until 1st grade , and so proud of that . Brag a bit . My g g s talks , counts in Spanish , did sign language before talking ,goes through the alphabet without prompting , and makes me feel stupid sometimes . Who knew kids could be taught those things at such a young age ?
We'd love to have you share some funny stories , Sue ,I know you have tons of them . Hugs

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Digger,
Smiling. ''Back in the day'' of 1962, I had trouble tying shoes and telling time. I remember the first day I did tie my shoe, but not sure if I was in school yet. I might have been 5. I remember it was summer.
Yikes, that is one accomplished little boy! I have a 6 year old grandchild who is an old soul. Things come naturally to him and yep, he makes me feel dumb.

I still can't tie my shoes LOL
what kind of stories do you want ?
hmmmm let see
when jess was a young teen. we went to the zoo. There was a manatee exhibit.
In a loud voice she calls back to me " hey they got baluga whales " well it is funny because right in front of her was the huge 20'x20' sign that said " MANATEE EXHIBIT " i guess the eye level thing was hard to see ? LOL oh my gosh the looks people gave us ! like we was idiots.
oh and we were in Utah and she saw this " cow " and she told me how huge it was... so we drove by it and well..... yes her " cow " had only ONE UDDER . LOL she could always laugh at herself when she did things like that . I was always impressed with it as i m not that way. i shrivel up and die .

Sounds like bull to me... *ducking and running*

LOL to funny KY

Dahlonega, GA

Naw , I didn't know kids that age (2 1/2 ) could learn all that stuff . Any of them can if they are taught , in games . He still pees in a potty and when he's through , poops in his pull-ups .
His grandpa , my son , was trained on a regular toilet . I sat in a little chair in front of him and held him so he wouldn't get scared , and of course , had to set him up there . Going back to his baby book , he had it down pat by 2 1/2 . Once he learned to stand in front of the toilet , I caught him standing on the porch outside "going " and waving and sprinkling it all over a litter of six mos old English Setters sleeping in the sun , on the ground .
Sue that is cute , the things kids call animals . What they say about them is a riot . Those are the stories we all like to hear .It's your thread and hope you don't mind it taking this turn .It will give us all a chance to remember so many things about our kids that we don't want to forget . sister love your way , girl .

thanks digger

decorations for Gigi's garden
Them is Island Of Misfit Toys from the Rudolf movie
it was our fav.

Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by
Dahlonega, GA

When it's all decorated , be sure and post us a picture . Hugs ,

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Can't wait to see it all lit up!

its so cold out and i m the only one doing this. Yes pics are a must ! I m hoping that my friend Ric will come and do some night photos for me.
I hope to start working on her garden this week.

spent 5 hrs laying out the extension cords and putting the characters together.
it felt good to be out in her garden.

Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by

we still have more to do .
so don't go away LOL
more to come in the next few days.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Will Bumble be there with Herbie????

Yes i have a Henry and yes i ran out of steam but Bumble will be out there too.
good morning
and brrrrrr. its 20's out today for us. brrrrrr.

How cute! Can't wait to see it all put together!

new pics

Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by
Dahlonega, GA

That looks like a good place to sit back with good memories . Bet Gigi will be enjoying it with you too . Have faith , hugs , my dear .

Beautiful!

i do love sitting out there . with the weather so cold my plastic chair broke LOL me and my fat butt , all came tumbling down LOL

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Love the decorations! Enjoy your time sitting out there!

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Great meditation place in Gigi's garden. Such a lovely area you have to put that beautiful garden.

i can't wait until spring when we got a arch gazebo thingy , a bench and some more grass around the garden with daffodils and some larger tree's . it will make a nice sitting place
here are more pics of her holiday garden
added lights to the tree, butterfly and angel ornaments . made hats for the turtle Bob.

Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by

oh poo ! i did the same pics twice duh.

Thumbnail by
Dahlonega, GA

Ha ha , you're normal .

good morning
i did some cement work yesterday. i took 16 oz cups put quickcrete in them stuck an artificial flower in . i hope this way they don't blow away
i will take a pictures for sure yeppers.

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Pretty clever with "cement" flower pots for the flowers. I never can come up with alternatives to my problems. LOL

very easy to do. mix quickcrete with water in 16 oz plastic cup . stick in flower, let dry.
its not a part of jessica's garden but she is cute

Thumbnail by

LOL Cute pup!
Everything looks great--love the turtle's hat!

Dahlonega, GA

Taynors , is that your choc. lab ?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.