Morning Glories in my French Garden

Here in my garden in Southwest France they have grown like weeds this summer ! I have never before grown them myself ,but my Daughter who lives in the next house has grown them for several years. This year I heavily mulched my flower beds with compost to which she had contributed . Morning Glory plants came up everywhere, from seeds which had clearly survived the composting . An interesting thing is that although she has always grown a deep blue variety mine are a mixture of dark and light blue and pink ! There are still dozens of new seedlings but I guess I shall lose them all when the frosts begin

Gautier, MS

That sound really nice, glad you are enjoying them in your garden. If possible please take pictures and share with us, we just enjoy that too. Don't know if it's possible that you have crosses from your daughter mg's. I also loose mine to frost and am lucky when I get surprise volunteers the next year.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Delille, We would love to see pictures. :-)

szarvas, Hungary

Big mistery ... is it purpureas ..... is it tricolor ..... or nil ?

Gros mystère est-ce des ipomées purpurea, tricolore ou nil ..... je parie sur des purpurea !

1 - ipomoea purpurea
2 - ipomoea tricolor
3 - ipomoea nil

Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.