Ordering Plants

Orange, CA

What company do you order plants from? I usually order from Annies Annuals but S&S plus taxes make them so expensive. Plus -I am so disgusted with Brown and his taxes that I am going to avoid buying anything in my beloved Ca home state to avoid paying him and the crooked legistlature one penny.

South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

One of Northern California's Largest Landscaper Suppliers.
Their wholesale and you must be State Licensed.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Since you live in the city of Orange, you should go to M and M Nursery at 380 N. Tustin Ave.
They carry a lot of the same things as Annie's Annuals which are grown by a local grower and you won't have to pay the ridiculous prices and S and H charges.
We're "in between seasons" right now, but in the fall they will have a VERY good selection.

Also, the old Heards Nursery in Westminster has been re-opened again and it's really nice.
I strongly recommend you ck. out both of these places. Once fall actually hits there will be a lot of good things to choose from at both nurseries.

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

But Snowtop wants to avoid paying California state taxes.

There are some very good nurseries in Oregon and Washington that won't charge an arm and a leg for shipping. Edelweiss Perennials is the very best online nursery, in my opinion:

http://www.edelweissperennials.com/index.aspx

Another one I like a lot is Sequim:

http://www.sequimrareplants.com/

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 10b)

I have bought from Annies, but by the time she has it available, it's too late to plant here usually. Plant Depot in Capistrano is my favorite in Orange County. They have the widest selection of any others around here.

South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

Snowtop ~ what plants are you looking for and what sizes?
I can direct you to growers here in California.

Orange, CA

Thank you Jasper Dale. Yes M&M is a lovely nursery and has been here in Orange for as long as we have lived here (50 years).
As soon as the heat lets up I will shop there. THey have a great selection of plants - ( love their shade plants) and are very close to us.BY the By - I grew up in Long Beach.

Thank you ZuZu ( love your name) I will will check out your suggestions.I am not familiar with them - they look promising.

Thank you OCCarol- I haven'nt been to plant Depot for years - forgot about that one.

The garden is fried. I am giving up on rosees.

Orange, CA

Thank you SP - I have not planned what to plant yet - I' m a last minute planner - not a great gardner I'm afraid. I have a small garden .

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.