Victoria trip

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

My husband and I are thinking of taking the Clipper up to Victoria, mainly for the boat ride. We will likely spend 1 or possibly 2 nights in Victoria. Other than the Buchart Gardens, any suggestions of things to do/see. Not interested in tea. Also, seems there are lots of 'tours' of the Gardens - can you just buy a ticket and roam around on your own? Thanks for any info.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

They have a really neat gnome house or snow white house you can walk through. It's on the way to the gardens. I went forty years ago and can't really remember much. Have fun!

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Deb, we have always taken a two story bus from the waterfront to Borchart and then toured by ourselves. If you are without a vehicle you will need to get some kind of transportation out there as it is quite far out of town. There are several market squares within walking istance from the center of the tourist area and we always found them fun to look through. Clothes shipping is lots of fun as there ae things you don't see everyday. You can just walk up and down the streets just off the waterfront, which has lots of fun shops too. There are even things the male species enjoy. I found a few wonderful shops with garden decor, etc. And Chinatown is also within walking, though a little further out. There is a butterfly house somewhere out my the Gardens that we have wanted to visit, but have never been there with a car so it wasn't workable. And you must see the inner harbor at night!

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Thanks for the ideas. We opted to stay away from the August crowds and go camping instead. Last weekend for crabbing for us, and we caught some good ones. I think we will save a Victoria trip for the spring.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Camping is always fun. Glad to have you back home.

Lake Stevens, WA

Fun to go away but always great to be back home. Where did you camp?

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

We just ran out to Camano State Park for the last crabbing trip of the season. Surprisingly we caught a fair amount of good sized keepers. Our son and his girlfriend joined us, she is from Spokane and had never crabbed before so it was very fun showing her the ropes. Crab out of the shell, crab louie, crab quiche, we just kept muching it down. Still sent them home with 6 and we kept 4.

Thumbnail by bonehead
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Big ones. Our DD has a BF who goes scuba diving after crabs. We get some once in awhile. So good.

Lake Stevens, WA

Looks like fun. Love crab. You sure had great weather for the outing.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.