Clem ID

Worcester, MA

Thanks for the tips on the caladium - I like your pics and the looks of those plants together - AND for the reminder suggestions. Who doesn't have plastic flatware? Those seeds were given me by a generous cousin and she's asking if any of them came up! I stall, a lot! It must have been the high heat... LOL!!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

It's a mistake many of us do make so just mark all plots in the future to act as an alert not to "weed".

Your cousin will understand and probably get a chuckle out of it. Likely you'll get more seeds.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Hi everybody, I have been cutting 6" wide limbs that landed next to me, it was 12' long, it would of gave me a headache, but God is good, it missed me. I also have White Christmas, calediums but mine are not as large leaves also my red one called Florida Cardinal, I bougt them in Lowes, I guess the special place would be better. Pirl, what is the name of your #4 caledium, I like that more then the White Ch. Behind the WCh caledium, I already have 2 large container of Coleus cutting growing very well. My HL Young is blooming since yesterday, so pretty soon I will have some more bloomes. That is a good idea about the coffee stirrers, I always wonder where I planted some bulbs, sometime I dig them out .Etelka

Thumbnail by kiseta Thumbnail by kiseta Thumbnail by kiseta
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Thank goodness the limbs didn't hurt you or the house.

I rooted about 100 coleus in the last few weeks and they all seem to be thriving.

That #4 is Stardust hiding the stems of Vino and Ruutel. It's very tall in the shade. Here it only gets early morning light. Another photo of it is attached.

I've learned my lesson in the past and now only buy from Bill (caladiumbulbs4less.com) through his DG Classified Ad in December/January.

Thumbnail by pirl
Montreal, QC(Zone 5b)

OMG! I forgot to check this thread because I have been so busy worrying about my tomatoes. Carolyn, I must be honest, I haven't done much pruning with my clematis. Ville de Lyon has been left basically as is. So next year I will be more vigilant and prune it back in spring.
Thanks, sharon

Athens, PA

Sharon

when you do that, make sure you scratch a bit of fertilizer into the soil as well. I give my clematis the same fertilizer as I give to my roses.

Montreal, QC(Zone 5b)

Thanks, Carolyn will do.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.