A well...

CREZIERES, France(Zone 8a)

I have a well - it is 20 meters deep and the last 5 meters are full of water...
A few years ago I tried to buy a pump to allow me to use the well water for irrigation... it was a magnetic submersible electric pump of Russian construction.
I allowed my neighbour to use it and he left it on overnight, the well water dried up and the pump ceased to function. I sent it back to the seller (I am in France) and he agreed to repair it... but it only worked for a few hours then stopped. The seller said that one cannot use the pump to provide continuous pressure for a sprinkler or the like... only to allow the water to gush out wherever the end of the hose happens to be.

So... my question is... does there exist a type of pump that can raise water 15 - 20 meters and provide continuous water pressure? (Since I am in France, I want the type of pump, not the brand/manufacturer).

Mike

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!