Fall 2012 Mid-South Round Up

Olive Branch, MS

We are going to have another Round Up much like last years at Jim's house in Olive Branch, Ms. The date will be September 22nd (Sat.). This thread can be used to determine who is coming and for chat. We will open a food and a swap thread later.

Thumbnail by obbirds
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I'll be there.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I plan to be there!

Batesville, AR(Zone 7a)

I'll be there

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm going to try to make it but I just can't win!

Here at work they decided to move my Hot Check Conference from mid October (the week it has been for the past 25 someodd years) to mid September, and instead of it being in Little Rock or Hot Springs, they decided it needs to be in Ft. Smith! Right when I thought I was free and clear. LOL My Goodness!

Little Rock, AR

Would love to come! How exciting.

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

I would absolutely love to come and don't think it's too big of a stretch for us to drive from here (near Huntsville, AL) so I could finally meet everyone. We'll have to see. I know I have 2 back-to-back business trips and one is just before this and I'll get home on either the 20th or the 21st from Calif.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sure hope you can make it Elaine!! Would love to meet you in person!!

Ripley, MS

I plan on coming--I will have to see if Terrye has read this yet!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Yeah!!!

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

I plan to come but every time I chirp up this far in advance something happens. Sooo you did not hear a peep out of me. Elaine it will be good to see you again. Our last meeting was just too short. Missing all my buds and looking forward to visiting Jim's place again. He and Kenny have enormous green thumbs. Kenny thanks for setting this up.

I'm really hoping it works out!! I'm already going through in my head what I can divide between now and then to bring!

Ripley, MS

No peep from Cindy! I have plenty to divide, if I could find it in the weeds!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I sure didn't hear a peep from Cindy!!

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Has anyone heard from Cindy? Not me ;o) I plan on attending!!!

Olive Branch, MS

Here's the link to the swap thread.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1273618/

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

I plan on attending also..Even tho we didnt hear a peep from Cindy maybe she will see this. Since we live so close together maybe we could ride up tpgether, just a thought. I will be glad to drive if that helps you any..Trish

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Oh Trish, I hope you can make it!!!

Olive Branch, MS

If figure with this heat and lack of rain we have we might just have a rock swap. We're going on vacation next week so I figure if it doesn't rain everything will be dead when we get back. Hope everyone can make it.

Got me plenty of rocks too, lol!

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Lol at a rock swap..I just strolled outside to see what I might have to offer and I was really amazed at how many things are fried out there..Ugghh I water all the time it just isnt helping..Not to mention now they are warning of restricting water usage. I guess we just keep praying for rain. God knows our needs and will give it to us in his due time...I guess my time and his time must not be the same.. Im looking forward to seeing everyone again..

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

here's the food thread

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1273710/

admin will make it a sticky soon.

Ripley, MS

Lol on the rock swap ! If we keep getting hotter every summer, I think we might all have to start collecting rock--lol !!! I hope to be able to dig some daylilies Sat, so far, no one has made plans for me !

That is the good thing about daylilies, they will come back when they get some rain, they are very tough !

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I have lost a few things too...... but thankfully we have been getting some rain along, and I water like crazy in between but this unbelieveably heat really takes its toll on everything! I am tentatively planning on making it!! YEAH....... I don't think I have anything going that weekend, but I am like Cindy and almost afraid to say that this early! SURELY, Leigh will be able to manage after his shoulder surgery by then!!!

I don't even have many rocks to swap................. :( Had to import the ones I have around my flower bed!! I had some things rooted and they were doing well, but Leigh missed watering some of the small pots while I was gone to Dallas and they were TOAST when I got back. I still have a few things, but I lost all the ones that he didn't water....................

Will be great to see everyone again though with or without plants!!

Genna

Booneville, MS

Hi everyone! yes, I plan on coming. Can't wait to see everybody!
Terrye

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Hoping Al and I will be able to come. Will know for sure later. Would love for you all to meet Al--he never meets a stranger. However, Jeri and Emily (if they get to come) may be the only ones who can understand him. I say that he is a Rhode Island Cajun--he was born in Rhode Island but talks like a Louisiana Cajun although he has lived in Missouri since he was 14. LOL

Kenny, are there any RV parks near Jim's place where Al and I could rent a spot for a couple of nights?
It's too far from here to drive it and get back home after the RU in one day. We have a fifth-wheel which we can pull.

Plenty of rocks here in the Ozarks in case anyone needs some extras. LOL

I didn't hear Cindy chirp, did any of you? :D

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I was also born in Rhode island. new port on a navy base. small world. I know Kenny's out of town right now, don't know if he's checking in here while he's on vacation.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Kathy Ann. I'll google RV parks in the Olive Branch area. Al says he would like to come to the RU so it is definite that we will be there! Interesting that you were born in Rhode Island, too. I didn't know that.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Wonderful. Will be nice to meet him!!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Like some of the rest of you, I'm not going to post anything on the swap thread until probably some time in Sept. I'm going to have to see what has made it and what might need to be divided. Some things that I usually have a lot of have just not done much of anything this crazy summer. My bee balm usually blooms like crazy but it has been pitiful this summer. It's almost died back. Some other things are the same way. Going to be really busy for the rest of this month. I decided to add more space to my antique booth. So I've lots to do getting it ready and lots of shopping to do!

Well, y'all, I may not be able to make it after all, I have taken a second job and it requires me to work all day on Saturdays. I'm thinking about taking the day off to rest up from the conference but I need the money so I may not. I'll let you know, I would LOVE to meet Al too!

Ripley, MS

What is your second job, Crissy? Maybe you can still make it

Crissy, I hope you can make it too. Was hoping to get to meet you!

Elaine

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Crissy, we'll sure miss you if you can't make the RU! Besides, we have to send our usual photo to Celia, saying "Wish you were here" LOL If you can't make it, I'll have to text a photo of myself to both of you! :(

Well gals, I am not going to be able to make it, I work Saturdays from 9am to 7pm and I could get the other girl to work it, but I need the money too bad and I'm already losing 3 days that week because of the conference. Boo HISS!!!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sorry to hear that Christine! We'll miss you!!
How are things going? Have you found a place to live?

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Charlotte, do you drive to Memphis from LR and then down? Are you driving down and back on Saturday? I thought we might could ride together or caravan at least.....

Haven't looked on the map yet, but I assume that is how I would need to get there - but then you know what happens with assumptions sometimes! :(

Genna

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

By the way, are we doing door prizes or gifts this time? I didn't go last year so I wasn't sure what ya'll did.............

So excited about getting a chance to see everyone!

Genna

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Yes Genna we drive to Memphis and then to Olive Branch. Olive Branch is not very far from Memphis. Four of us are riding over in my truck together and that's the max it will hold. Your welcome to follow us but we might be leaving a little early for you. We are making some stops before Jim's and I plan to leave my house at 6:00 am and we will be pulling out of Kim's drive way by 6:30 am or before. And believe me when I say no later than 6:30 am I mean no later than 6:30 am. They will be standing in the driveway waiting!!!! It's going to be pushing us to get what we want to get done before we get to Jim's leaving at 6:30 am.

There is some road construction going on between Memphis and Little Rock. It starts around Carlisle and I'm not sure where it stops but I think somewhere around Brinkley. So you might want to check the Arkansas Highway department sight to find out more about it. Everything is one way for a number of miles and there can be long delays depending on the time of day. The old highway south of the interstate can take you around it.

Yes we will be doing door prizes.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Genna if you go through Pine Bluff and get back on I40 at Forrest City that takes you around the detour and will probably end up taking you about the same amount of time and I know will be a lot less actually miles.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.