help matching woods/colors for front of house

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

First off, my house doesn't exist yet :)
But it will. We are now choosing brick and paint and singles and window color and all that jazz.
I will have a front porch on the house and I would like to use cream colored windows, garage doors and porch (railings and posts ect) The floor of the porch will be cement.
Next I will have a covered shade garden area about 14 feet to the left of the front porch. I was planning on building it with just treated wood, maybe staining it a walnut color. I think red wood color would look nice, but I am planning on using a brick with a slight pink tone, so I don't think the red colors will coordinate.
Will it look right to have the walnut stained woodwork so close on the front of the house, with the cream colored painted wood.
Here is a pic of what the porch will basically look like.

Thumbnail by FrillyLily
This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!