Prayers for Bec's Sammie

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

In emergency surgery now...please keep him as well as Bec and Greg in your prayers

Thumbnail by Chantell
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

will do...
what happened?

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Thanks Chantell.
Becky, I sure hope by the tme you read this Sammie is in recovery and doing well.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

He decided to start consuming quantities of tube socks - (tmi sorry) only threw up 2...vet has removed 2 and it appears one is still in 'there'

Oh geeze!!!. My niece's dog did something similar.
I'm sure the vet has lots of experience with this kind of thing and is doing fine. But I can imagine how Bec and Greg are feeling.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh poor Beck she must be worried sick. Yes I am sure her Vet has done this surgery many times before.

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Hope this mornings news is good and Sammie is well into recovery. God bless all our vets and pets,

Thanks for letting us know Chantell.

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Positive thoughts going out to Sammy and Bec and Greg.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Hey all - just came back from vets (and chiropractor) - Sammie is doing amazingly well for having gone through major surgery 12 hrs ago...he refuses to eat, he was upset I left him and with any luck he'll be home tomorrow! Knucklehead ate 5 socks total, 3 small ones that 'came up' by themselves, the other 2, not so much...what an ordeal - he'll forever be known as the $10K dog

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I'm so happy he came through with flying colors (or should I say "flying socks?").

Becky, so glad to here everything is OK (cept the checking account!)

Crozet, VA

I know that this has been a really trying ordeal for you Becky. So sorry that you had to go through all the distress and also the cost of saving his life. I wince whenever writing a monthly check to our Vet for maintenance meds, but in reality can't think of another place I would want my money to go. These furry ones are worth every penny we spend on them as far as I am concerned. I think of the enjoyment that our pets have brought us over the years, and know that they have added even more to our lives than any amount of money we could ever spend on them. Can't put a price on love, can you? Hope he continues to do well and doesn't stay mad at you for too very long.

Ruby

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

We get to pick him up! He's done great & they are amazed at how speedy he's recovering - my big blockhead is coming home!

Let the spoiling begin....

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

& Ruby, you're right - can't put a price on love...:-) we will pretty much do whatever we need to do to keep all our critters safe & sound - with him being so big nothing cheap ever happens to him :-)

Crozet, VA

I hope that with some time having passed now, that things are all well on the home front. Check in with a progress report when you can.

Ruby

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.