Hi, I am a newbie here and to Gardening

Lake Mary, FL(Zone 9b)

I just joined DG, and am reading gardening books and other information on the Web.

I live in Clermont Fl, with my wife and a bone deaf Boston Terrier. I just went part time at work and have started some gardening around the house and liking it.

I have lots to learn about plants and such from guys like you.

Best Wishes

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Welcome Please join is on our talk thread, we have a a fellow DG member that lives in your area
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1268626/

Ocala, FL(Zone 9a)

Welcome - there are very knowledgeable folks here that helped me immensely after my move to FL. The plant files are a big help, too!

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Hi Disneydoc,
I'm your neighbor. I also live in Clermont on Pine Isl Rd. I am an avid gardner and ponding nut.
If your ever on Pine Isl. stop by. Sign in front of my house so I'm not hard to find.
Bonnie

Lake Mary, FL(Zone 9b)

Hi Ms Bonnie Gardens,

Thanks for your Dmail.

Great I have a DG member right here in Clermont. I know your neighborhood and may pop in sometime, thanks for the invite.

We live in the eastern part of town, towards the turnpike, the neighborhood at the Light of Magnolia Pointe Blvd on Rt 50. Bonnie, please come if you are on this side of town.

I could gather from your posts on the forum that you are a friendly person. Now I know whom to contact for my gardening questions.

Thanks again Bonnie

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Hi Disneydoc,
Very familiar with your Mag. Point Blvd. as I have installed window treatments in that area. Had bus. for 30 years and just 2 yrs. went down the tubes. Now I spend my days gardening and bldg. ponds. Hopefully this latest one will be the last cause I'm no spring chicken. Just transfered fish into it last week.

If you need any plants I share with everyone. Even strangers rarely ever leave without some plant and they all enjoy watching my koi and other fish.

There is no such thing as a stranger really, just a person you haven't met yet.

I'm no authority on plants or fish but can tell you about what I have raised and had good or bad luck with. Your area would have different water than I have and that can make a great difference I learned.
Any particular type of plant you like? Who knows I may have some.

Happy gardening,
Bonnie

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

Welcome DisneyDoc....You'll find we're very friendly here...and aren't shy about sharing info! :)

Lake Mary, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks Bonnie Gardens and MerryMary,

I am feeling at home on the forum already, I will take you up on your offer to share .

Best Wishes

Thanks

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

I knew you would get a warm welcome from Ms Bonnie. She is a delight!
And Merry Merry who I haven't had the pleasure of a face to face meet with yet is still an old friend that I met on the coleus forum.
Welcome again.
Ms Sidney

Lake Mary, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks Sidney,

You are absolutely right, I met Bonnie and her husband Charlie this morning and yes she is a delight . She wont let me go without 2 planters, cow manure, an ivy cutting and lending me a book on Florida Perennials.

I learned more than a few things from her and her experience with plants and we will do an exchange of different colored Canna plants, when I return her book.

I enjoyed my morning meeting with Bonnie.

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

We're a friendly group! We share, we yak, we meet up.....it's what makes it fun! :)

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

From your user name, it seems you are a doctor of some kind - would that be right? If so, what kind?

Yep, these folks are the best - so knowledgeable and generous!!!

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Disneydoc,
I certainly enjoyed meeting you this morning and look forward to many plant exchanges in the future.
Also, looking forward to visiting your gardens. Will be happy to share anything I have to fill in new beds you are considering
If the good Lord didn't want us to help each other out he wouldn't have put so many of us here is my long time belief.
Many of those fish you saw in the newer larger pond this morning were the generosity of Merry Mary another pond addict.
If you aren't careful you may end up a ponder also. It is a beautiful addition to any landscape plus very relaxing to sit and talk to the fish who luckily don't talk back, they just listen. I have 14 grandchildren and 13 great grandchildren who also really enjoy the fish when they come to visit.
When I return from Texas vacation will be sure to visit you.
Happy gardening and ponding to all.
Bonnie

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Bonnie, you are such a Sweetie!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.