Let's see your pictures of hostas beginning with T, U & V

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Pictures of hostas that begin with "T", “U” and “V”. Please add yours and tell us something about them.

#1. 'Tears of Joy' - new June 2010. Very tiny hosta with upright leaves. It had a bloom this year, but all I saw was yellow. Can only conclude that something nibbled the petals off before it was open.

#2. 'Teaspoon' - new spring 2008. Small, leaves, but an enthusiastic grower. I'm not wild about this one. Divided it up and sold off most of it in 2011, but kept one small division which is growing rapidly.

#3. 'Teeny-weeny Bikini' - new spring 2006. Very small this year - more so than it has ever been. One of my tiniest at the best of times.

#4. 'The Razor's Edge' - new spring 2011. Red petioles, but I'm not so sure about its tendency to lay flat. Would like a more upright hosta.

#5. 'Tick Tock' - new August 2006. This mini grows fast and forms a dense mound. I completely divided it in 2011 and sold off much of it. Replanted in 3 groups and it looks nearly like one large mound. Would make a good ground cover hosta.

Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

#1. 'Tiny Tears' (chibai) - new Summer 2010. A very fast-growing mini with tiny green leaves.

#2. 'Touch of Class' - new spring 2004. Love the colours in this, though mine has been sporting to "Bulletproof' a few times in the past few years. Note the solid blue eyes. I'll divide them in the autumn.

#3. 'Twist of Lime' - new spring 2008. A member of the 'Lemon-Lime' family. All fast-growing minis which could make good edgers.

#4. 'Twisting the Night Away' - new August 2011. http://www.pwk.resteddoginn.ca/hosta_hya_sprt3.php This was a gift from a friend. His sport of 'Fortunei Hyacinthina'. If you scroll down the page, mine is a division from #8.

#5. 'Tokudama Aureonebulosa' - new spring 2003. Nearly forgot this one. For years I couldn't tell it apart from 'Blue Shadows'. Then last year, I noticed a big difference. But it seemed to do poorly during the year. I dug it and found few roots. Divided it up and it's in a nursery bed until I decide what to do with it.

This message was edited Jul 3, 2012 10:24 AM

Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

#1. 'Undulata Albomarginata' - one of my earliest hostas. Most of us have it. I have four plants, all mired into tree roots; so they are there for the life of the tree.

#2. 'Undulata Univittata' - an early hosta. Was labelled 'Joyce Trott' when I bought it. Ha! But for awhile I didn't know any better. This one has a few leaves that could be described as 'Undulata' where the white is more than a third of the leaf, but most of it is now in the Univittata colour range. Lots of WRONG market names out there for this plant.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosta_%27Undulata%27

#3. 'Venus' - new spring 2006. Medium-large green that has spectacular huge flowers very late in the season.

#4. 'Venus' flowers from a couple of years ago. It won't bloom until the very end of August or early September.

This message was edited Jul 3, 2012 10:33 AM

This message was edited Jul 4, 2012 7:59 AM

Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn
Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

Hi there, now I am where I belong.

I've only got 2 Hostas so far, both being Undulata AlboMarginata, and in containers. These are my first endeavor at Hostas, and so far I think they're doing well. I've got them on one of my 3-tier benches that my DH built for me, getting very bright shade/dappled afternoon sun.

#1 is a pic of one of them the day before I re-potted it, back at the beginning of 4/12.

#2 was taken on 6/23/12. They both look pretty much like this, though this one is blooming and the other one isn't.... yet? =)

Thumbnail by speediebean Thumbnail by speediebean
Maine, United States(Zone 5b)

Two of my favorites- both supposed to be slow but have grown quite well for me.

1 Tokudama Flavocircinalis

2. Thunderbolt

Thumbnail by Noreaster Thumbnail by Noreaster

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.