Happy Birthday Kosk!

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

I hope you bring us some sun, and enjoy your day.

Thumbnail by bonehead
Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

Thank you, Deb!!! I turned 38 today. My yard looks good this year. Very full. Too full in some areas. I have enjoyed our cool June weather, and not having to run irrigation very often. Now if only the berries would pick themselves.

For my birthday, I got a new road bicycle. It's pretty fancy, and I guess I'm taking up cycling. It's tricky to get used to the clip-in shoes, and I have tipped over/fallen a few times. The bike is so fast that it's terrifying to go down the hills. But I'll get used to it. I also bought a cover stitch sewing machine. This means I don't have to change the threads on my serger when I need a cover stitch, and I can make T-shirts/knitwear really quite quickly. I'm so happy to have that machine. I made a new t-shirt yesterday.

What is in your photo?

Your yard is looking really wonderful, and it's fun to follow the progress.

My computer is getting a tune-up, so I should be able to post some photos pretty soon. I had been having a hard time getting them to upload.

Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

Holy cow--I just read that voting booth thread. That was shocking and disturbing. Worse than that tetanus shot debate a few weeks ago. People can be crazy.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Happy Birthday!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Happy Birthday! The new bike sounds like an adventure.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Yeah, the voting booth forum is sporadically interesting -- a handful of rather rabid folk who seem to feed off one another, waay off the deep end. I'm rather surprised one of the moderators have not yet put the clamps on a couple of the posters, but all in all, I just find it rather amusing. Some highly unhappy people out there.

The bloom is a helianthemum, Ben Ledi, new to my outcropping this year. I'm hoping it stays low, but that remains to be seen. I seem to have a constant issue with plants growing much taller than their stated size, which at times is OK, and other times throws a wrinkle in.

Have fun with your bicycle - sounds energetic.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.